Home
It looked real good in the commercials, and I'm a gyro fanatic, so I just had to give it a try. There isn't one as close as I'd like, but I'm often in the area where there is, so today, being in the general vicinity, I stopped in and tried it. It was fantastic.

I've been eating gyros since the 1970s, and I don't know that I've had one any better.
I've had the Greek style and the turkey style gyros at Arby's. They were OK, but not worth going out of your way for me.

Around Omaha the best gyros are at a place called King Kong.

www.kingkongfastfood.com
I had one last week. Mediocre at best.

I'm a fan of the gyro as well and often make them at home in the summer.

This place has the best gyros in town.
http://www.itsgreektomerestaurant.com/
Being of unsophisticated taste and having no preconceived notion of what they should taste like, I really enjoyed it.
I'll put away 2 roast beef classics after the gym, but I ain't getting an Arby's gyro when there's a great place for gyros locally: https://www.gyros2go.net/

#1, about $7 after tax and it weighs like 1lb+.

Originally Posted by MadMooner
I had one last week. Mediocre at best. I'm a fan as well and often make them at home in the summer.

This place has the best gyros in town.
http://www.itsgreektomerestaurant.com/
I grew up where there were lots of authentic Greek restaurants nearby. Around where I live now there are none. There's one Muslim Middle Eastern style restaurant that has pretty good gyros, and I stop by there every once in a while for one. Otherwise, there's a very good authentic Greek restaurant on the east coast of Florida, near where my father lives, that's pretty good. Whenever I'm visiting, I stop by in there.

I will definitely settle for the Arby's gyros, though. Again, taste-wise, I don't believe I've had better. I guess that can vary from location to location, though.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Being of unsophisticated taste and having no preconceived notion of what they should taste like, I really enjoyed it.

Close to any of these?

TRH, gyros and middle eastern food are similar, but different. Meat cooked on vertical spit? Check. Onions and garlic? Check. The similarities end there. I'm betting the middle eastern place you're referring to is a shawarama place?
They go out of their way to make actual, Greek style, gyros at this Middle Easter restaurant. I guess they figure people have heard of them.
Fair to middling - some local shops have a lot better but also more expensive. 2/$6 special makes them not bad at all. There sauce is very bland.

I've eaten shawarma many times in the various sidewalk stalls in Old Jerusalem, Israel. It was always spectacularly good.

Also, the Druze folks up in a small community in the Golan Heights made something similar in Druze Bread. That and a few local beers made my day.

Blessings,

Steve

As long as there's tons of garlic and onions I am G2G!
A "gyro" without lamb is just a beef sandwich. And the Arby's "gyro" has no lamb. Is it a tasty beef sandwich? Maybe; I haven't tried one and don't really plan to.
I got a tough fugking time believing Arby's makes the beat gyro but I'll be trying one regardless.

Dave
Just had one (or really two) yesterday. Excellent.

Had not known Arbys carried them, and was shocked at how good they were. I don't think I could tell the difference between them and superb ones I have had from a Greek restaurant that is now hours away from me. Now if they only start to carry Lemon soup....
When I was traveling a lot and I was staying in Athens for a couple weeks and I lived on Souvlaki. Various types of seasoned meat roasted vertically served just like a gyro. I think they were around a buck and loaded with meat. I had a lot of late night "kebabs" in England which is a gyro. They'd soak up the whiskey as good as fish, chips and curry.
Originally Posted by cv540
Just had one (or really two) yesterday. Excellent.

Had not known Arbys carried them, and was shocked at how good they were. I don't think I could tell the difference between them and superb ones I have had from a Greek restaurant that is now hours away from me. Now if they only start to carry Lemon soup....
LOL, or souvlaki, or spinach pie, or Greek salad, or hummus.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When I was traveling a lot and I was staying in Athens for a couple weeks and I lived on Souvlaki. Various types of seasoned meat roasted vertically served just like a gyro. I think they were around a buck and loaded with meat. I had a lot of late night "kebabs" in England which is a gyro. They'd soak up the whiskey as good as fish, chips and curry.
Souvlaki is one of my favorites to order in a good Greek restaurant. The place near my father uses marinated pork. The ones I remember from New York used marinated veal.
Now I'm trying to find the closest Arby's. 😆
Just tell Siri, "Where's the closest Arby's restaurant?" That's what I did.
Had it a couple of times. It's good, imho. Not great, but good.

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I've had the Greek style and the turkey style gyros at Arby's. They were OK, but not worth going out of your way for me.

www.kingkongfastfood.com

Used to be an awesome greek place in Rock Brook on Center, but that was long ago.

But you have to try the Greek Islands at 38th & Center. Freaking great gyros the couple times I've been there, and the opa is to die for...
Never seen a gyro in the wild, but they sound interesting.

I have a couple freezers of home grown beef on the place.....hard to go looking for a store bought dinner with all that on hand.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just tell Siri, "Where's the closest Arby's restaurant?" That's what I did.

Homey don't roll like dat. 😀
It looked real good in the commercials, and I'm a gyro fanatic, so I just had to give it a try. There isn't one as close as I'd like, but I'm often in the area where there is, so today, being in the general vicinity, I stopped in and tried it. It was fantastic.

I've been eating gyros since the 1970s, and I don't know that I've had one any better.

TRH, are you talkin'
the same thing Charles talkin?
I ask the broad sitting next to me, but she does not help at all. Never mind this Siri person.
Posted By: EdM Re: Anyone Try Arby's Greek Gyro? - 04/06/17
I learned of them, proper, whilst living in Brisbane Australia a few years ago and they were killer. They became lunch a few days each week.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I ask the broad sitting next to me, but she does not help at all. Never mind this Siri person.

Yep. I'm calling for Siri but apparently "Siri" in 3 year old Labrador means let's play and let me lick you. I'll just ask my wife, she'll Yahoogle it for me.
Posted By: add Re: Anyone Try Arby's Greek Gyro? - 04/06/17
I say, gyro.

You say, Arby's

Blech!
Originally Posted by add
I say, gyro.

You say, Arby's

Blech!

Have you tasted it?
Thought TRH was a dietary, " Purer than Thou" type,...and really down on "Bovine Growth Hormones and Antibiotics" in the food chain.

....interesting to read this.

GTC
It's easy to throw up your own nose at places you may think are beneath your own self....

What if the Arby's gyro makes someone else try the little hole in the wall restaurant who specializes in gyros...

Posted By: add Re: Anyone Try Arby's Greek Gyro? - 04/06/17
Originally Posted by bubbajay
Originally Posted by add
I say, gyro.

You say, Arby's

Blech!

Have you tasted it?

If a guy is not going to Arby's for a roast beef sandwich...

Why would he go there for a gyro?
It may lead to you eating falafel......
All I am saying is sometimes eating new things can make you think of new ways, or spices to cook your own food at home...
my uncle made gyro meat from deer 20 years ago........we called it something along the line of Jye-ro meat.....it was really good, but we had no idea what it was...or where the idea came from....

Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Thought TRH was a dietary, " Purer than Thou" type,...and really down on "Bovine Growth Hormones and Antibiotics" in the food chain.

GTC

The really curious part is that cattle get fluoridated water.
Originally Posted by bubbajay
my uncle made gyro meat from deer 20 years ago........we called it something along the line of Jye-ro meat.....it was really good, but we had no idea what it was...or where the idea came from....

Did he have a vertical spit to cook it on?

Now y'all stop talking about all this good Greek and Middle Eastern food. You're making me hungry for some kufte (kofta for some folks), babaganoushe, tzatziki, spanakopita, dolmas etc. (ha ha, the speller thing didn't recognize one of those words!)

I'll be trying the Arby's version just because we have no Greek food around here. Maybe a few hours north. I'll have to look for an Arby's too, as the corporation wanted our local franchisee to put in $200-300K in upgrades to his store in a town of 2800 folks or so. They'd have losts money on that deal for sure so they closed it down. Restaurant is still sitting empty.

Geno

PS, I've got some lamb in the freezer, my niece grew it for 4H last summer. Now I've got to see what kind of spices I have to make it taste "Greeklike".
I've been eating the Gyros at Arbys ever since they started selling them maybe a year or so ago. They will have some items on their menu, then for whatever the reason, take it off, which is what they did here to the Gyros. Now that they're back, I hope they stay. As a matter of fact, had one for lunch yesterday, as we were in town. Have to eat mine without onions, as I can't handle them. There are no Greek restaurants around here, and I'm not a world traveler, so I can't compare them to the "real thing". As far as fast food goes, I think they rate up there with about as good as you're gonna find locally.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've been eating the Gyros at Arbys ever since they started selling them maybe a year or so ago. They will have some items on their menu, then for whatever the reason, take it off, which is what they did here to the Gyros. Now that they're back, I hope they stay. As a matter of fact, had one for lunch yesterday, as we were in town. Have to eat mine without onions, as I can't handle them. There are no Greek restaurants around here, and I'm not a world traveler, so I can't compare them to the "real thing". As far as fast food goes, I think they rate up there with about as good as you're gonna find locally.
Exactly.
Hawk',

I'll be near an Arby's today. If I don't like these you're going to get a virtual fisting when I get back.

Clark
Posted By: ST50 Re: Anyone Try Arby's Greek Gyro? - 04/07/17

www.kingkongfastfood.com
That's good to know. Been past there many times and haven't stopped yet.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Close to any of these?

If you're ever in Ames, try the Flame and Skewer in the mall. Non-chain Greek place, good comfort food. I liked their souvlaki, and I'm sure their gyros would be good too.

Paul
Thanks, Paul.
Originally Posted by add

Valid point.

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by add

Valid point.

Dave
So don't go.
Then I wouldn't be able to tell you they SUCK!

Clark

Clark
That would cut me deep. I'm not sure I could go on if you did that.
Originally Posted by ironbender

GTC

so I'm not dreaming ( or flaming ) here,....there actual;ly WAS quite an extensive old school TRH rant put on about feedlot beef, antibiotics, growth hormones, fluoride, etc.

Jeez, and all that time he's been a closet Gyromaniac eek

That schidt at Arby's may "taste" good,....but even calling it "Meat" is an entirely different thing.

GTC
Originally Posted by ST50

www.kingkongfastfood.com
That's good to know. Been past there many times and haven't stopped yet.

There's a King Kong right off I-80 on 27th in Lincoln also if that's convenient.

GTC

so I'm not dreaming ( or flaming ) here,....there actual;ly WAS quite an extensive old school TRH rant put on about feedlot beef, antibiotics, growth hormones, fluoride, etc.

Jeez, and all that time he's been a closet Gyromaniac eek

That schidt at Arby's may "taste" good,....but even calling it "Meat" is an entirely different thing.

GTC

Yup

Clark

Not having tried them certainly hasn't stopped a lot of other people from saying that.
I HAVE tried them, and, while edible, they are certainly far from the best gyro I ever had.
Arby's gyro is all right, it would be a lot better with a little bit of crumbled fetta cheese on it. wink

260Remguy, if you are in Lincoln I would hit George's Gourmet Grill on 14th & O street for a gyro, much better than Arby's. Order a "Z" sandwich. smile

http://lincolngourmetgrill.com/

Originally Posted by NeBassman
260Remguy, if you are in Lincoln I would hit George's Gourmet Grill on 14th & O street for a gyro, much better than Arby's. Order a "Z" sandwich. smile

http://lincolngourmetgrill.com/
Heh. Was about headed out the door to go there when Les posted up a pic of thai food on facebook. Jerk. Ended up hitting the Thai Garden on 13th.
The only thing that may be better than a decent gyro or souvlaki is a good schwarma.
FWIW, I believe most gyro and souvlaki stateside is made with "bork".

Anyway, I'm off to Arby's to check out their version of the delectable mystery meat.
Originally Posted by night_owl
The only thing that may be better than a decent gyro or souvlaki is a good schwarma.

Anyway, I'm off to Arby's to check out their version of the delectable mystery meat.
LOL. grin I hope you like it.

"Things only heard on the Campfire and at drunken sorority parties' for $600, Alex.
I have not...but that is because we have a gyro restaurant in town run by some Turkish ladies. I can't imagine Arby's even coming close to their menu...all of which is house made and divine!
Just had one after reading the post here,not too shabby but nothing like an authentic one from a real Greek restaurant.
I've been to an Arby's 3 times that I can recall.

Once with our secretary to shut her after going on about Arby's curly fries. They were OK.

A second time for some sandwich that was not memorable.

Last month when we were traveling the interstate and needed to stop the stomach grumblings. Had a 'roast beef' sandwich.

I don't know WTF they inject in the meat, but it was barely tolerable.

Not in a rush to try their version of international cuisine.

I used to date a girl named Gyro.
Mmmmm...Arby's gray "meat". Is there anything better? Anything by Purina perhaps.
Originally Posted by poboy

Did you take her for a "spin?

LOL. grin I hope you like it.

Thanks for the heads up on the Gyro; score is a solid B-.
Came up a bit stingy in the meat and fresh tomato department.
Haven't had a gyro in a while so it took care of my Jones.
I like their Turkey Gyro better than their roast beef or another Burger from the usual fast food dudes.
Foodies are never not funny.

Meat? check
Potatoes? Check

Anything else is bonus. Or minus.
[/quote]LOL, or souvlaki...

Gimme that!
Not Arby's but I did have a Greek guy cook me a cheeseburrgerr cheeseburrgerr, chips, Pepsi. No coke. Pepsi.
Hawkeye,

FAIL.

Maybe in the next couple decades you'll find a good one.

JFC. You know less about food than you do dogs.

Dave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Foodies are never not funny.

Meat? check
Potatoes? Check

Anything else is bonus. Or minus.

Speaking of people that don't know anything...

Clark
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Not Arby's but I did have a Greek guy cook me a cheeseburrgerr cheeseburrgerr, chips, Pepsi. No coke. Pepsi.

Isn't Chicago a beautiful place?

Dave
Hawkeye,

FAIL.

Dave
I can hardly express the extent of the blow you've struck by holding an opinion about a sandwich which contradicts my own. I'm devastated. Now how will I face the day?
I prefer beer if I can get it
Just had one, not enthralled. Good, but not damn, I need to go get another one good.

Old70
Originally Posted by old70
Just had one, not enthralled. Good, but not damn, I need to go get another one good.

Old70
It hits all the same taste buds that any other gyro I've ever had did. Gyros aren't that complicated to get right. Done right, they're pretty tasty. The one I had was done right.
Hawkeye,

FAIL.

Dave
I can hardly express the extent of the blow you've struck by holding an opinion about a sandwich which contradicts my own. I'm devastated. Now how will I face the day?

I think what Travis Dave meant was:

So I started out 85% in support, because even I hadn't eaten one but still expected it to be damned good. So now that I've tried one, I'm down to about 65% supporting.

wink
Saw the TV commercial and my wife says "Hey we gotta try that, two fer one"

And I said it is prolly not as good as the real thing. When have you seen Lamb served in fast food joints? Since this is Arbys I will have to try this sometime but I feel it will not match the delicious taste of real Gyros cooked the right way. And BTW real Gyros nearby me cost close to $7.50 for the sandwich alone...throw in fries and a coke and yer close to $10...
$7.50 for an decent "ethnic" pita sandwich is a bargain compared to Arby's 2 for $6.00 gyro.
Think Little Italy versus Chef Boyardee.
$7.50 for an decent "ethnic" pita sandwich is a bargain compared to Arby's 2 for $6.00 gyro.
Think Little Italy versus Chef Boyardee.
That's an absurd comparison. The ingredients of a gyro are very simple and straightforward. You get them all in there in roughly the right proportions, and you have yourself a good tasting sandwich. Gyros aren't Greek gourmet cooking. You're just engaging in snobbery.
No snobbery at all. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw gyros.

Arbys' gyro is a good tasting sandwich - as is a Mcdouble. Fried chicken sandwich and pizza are also straight forward propositions that interestingly, most chains do a botch job with. Mr. Cathy was able to create an empire due in part to this phenomenon.
Arby's gyro is less than a nasty immitation. Bought one once and did not even finish it
Hawkeye,

FAIL.

Dave

Since the 70's???

No snobbery at all. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw gyros.

Arbys' gyro is a good tasting sandwich - as is a Mcdouble. Fried chicken sandwich and pizza are also straight forward propositions that interestingly, most chains do a botch job with. Mr. Cathy was able to create an empire due in part to this phenomenon.

I ate another one today.

But a fine gyro it isn't.

McRibs make me stiff.
McRibs are uber.

Lambs/sheep/goats are for joos/mooselimbs/greeks.

Ive tried lamb a half dozen times over the years. Never had it when it didn't suck.
Since the '70s. I remember my brother took me to The Mediterranean Snack Bar in Huntington Village in the late 1970s. He said I had to try a gyro. I had no idea what it was, but tried it. Been a gyro fan since. Something about the combination of tzatziki sauce, fresh tomatoes and onion, and the gyro meat, is addicting.

Simple ingredients, not hard to make if you have them, but the combination is really good.
40+ years of mediocre gyros?

That sounds so sad.

I tried one today. It is a pretty good sandwich if you've never had a real gyro.
The Arby's gyros are awesome. Probably the best new fast food item I have had in a decade at least. My wife lives them too. Is there better foods of course. Like really goood brisket or Mexican food. But for a chan fast food place that introduced a new item, they are excellent. The traditional gyro I thought was good but I prefer the turkey, the roast beef gyro is also good. For a better gyro a place around her called crown Berger has better traditional gyros. They are owned by Greek people. But for something that is somewhat healthy give the Arby's gyros a try
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The Arby's gyros are awesome. Probably the best new fast food item I have had in a decade at least. My wife lives them too. Is there better foods of course. Like really goood brisket or Mexican food. But for a chan fast food place that introduced a new item, they are excellent. The traditional gyro I thought was good but I prefer the turkey, the roast beef gyro is also good. For a better gyro a place around her called crown Berger has better traditional gyros. They are owned by Greek people. But for something that is somewhat healthy give the Arby's gyros a try
Your check is in the mail. With reviews like that, my new Arby's franchise is sure to take off.

Oh crap, that was meant to be a PM! Delete! Delete! Delete!
To hell with Arbys since they dropped the ham/chicken cordon blu.
Ive tried lamb a half dozen times over the years. Never had it when it didn't suck.
Same here. Lamb ain't fit to feed to a dog. Anybody who'd eat that shyt and call it good is a tasteless slob.

Still grilling steaks with styrofoam attached too?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
To hell with Arbys since they dropped the ham/chicken cordon blu.

The chicken cordon blue was the schit!

McRibs are uber.

Lambs/sheep/goats are for joos/mooselimbs/greeks.

When I was a kid, one of our neighbors raised sheep and sold lambs for Easter. Best eating sheep ever.

My friend in NH, Andy, keeps a small flock of sheep for wool and meat. He sells the wool and processes the meat into jerky and sausage, both of which are quite good.
Hawkeye,

FAIL.

Dave

I think what Travis Dave meant was:

So I started out 85% in support, because even I hadn't eaten one but still expected it to be damned good. So now that I've tried one, I'm down to about 65% supporting.

wink

JFC. LMFAO!!!!!!!!

40+ years of mediocre gyros?

That sounds so sad.

Tears are flowing..........

I don't know what you're doing, but I've never gotten one to suck. They're some toothy mf'ers.

Isn't Arbies the place that grows their "meat" in a petri dish?
My local gyro man can't be beat for quality or Quantity. Try Nick's if your ever in Amarillo.
Originally Posted by poboy

Did you take her for a "spin?

I laughed good at that.

And to think all I was gonna post in reply was "pics or it didn't happen".

And was she 4'6" and about 90lbs? wink

Geno

Do they have Turkish coffee on the menu? It's the bomb!

Wish I lived near you, I could go for some of that food.

Geno
Broiled or grilled lamb chops are on my regular weekly rotation. Love lamb. Also roasted leg and braised shank, not to mention stew.
I had occasion to be in the big city again today and stopped for the Greek version. I enjoyed it a great deal. I apologize to all that this offends.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Isn't Arbies the place that grows their "meat" in a petri dish?

I don't know about the petri dish, but I dated this gal that was an Arby's manager a few years ago. She told me that the meat at Arbys all comes in a semi liquid bag of mush, and doesn't take a solid form until the bags of it are cooked. She wouldn't eat it. I used to eat there often, and still do once in a great while, but I get like this mental image of liquid meat while eating and it effects the flavor for me. I dig the Jamocha shakes though, they are supposed to be liquid. I saw a sign up that the Gyros are on sale, I'm going to have to try some, just because, I don't know what a Greek sandwich tastes like. I hope the liquid meat image don't ruin it for me. sick
I had occasion to be in the big city again today and stopped for the Greek version. I enjoyed it a great deal. I apologize to all that this offends.
LOL.

Arby's is to gyros what the Big 10 is to football. Lol.
The ingredients of a gyro: pita, tzatziki sauce (mostly made of plain yogurt), gyro meat (it's all pretty much the same, and Arby's likely buys it from the same places Greek restaurants do), fresh tomatoes, fresh raw onions (some add lettuce, and Arby's does too). That's it. Slap them together, fold it up, and there you are. It's not some gourmet Greek item. If all those ingredients are in it, you have the same taste. What might differentiate one form another is proportions or, perhaps, freshness of tomatoes, lettuce, or onions, or how well you made the sauce. Mine had fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and onions; proportions were right; the meat tasted exactly like any other gyro meat; and the sauce did too. Good stuff.
and Arby's likely buys it from the same places Greek restaurants do

Um.... no.
arbys gyro is ok but if you have had good ones you will be disappointed. however, their brisket sandwich is pretty good and is what i order on the rare occasion that i hit an arbys. again, its not good texas style brisket, but it tastes pretty good and beats the hell out of anything at mcdicks or burger whore.
Originally Posted by rem141r
arbys gyro is ok but if you have had good ones you will be disappointed. however, their brisket sandwich is pretty good and is what i order on the rare occasion that i hit an arbys. again, its not good texas style brisket, but it tastes pretty good and beats the hell out of anything at mcdicks or burger whore.
I'm going to have to try that.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Do they have Turkish coffee on the menu? It's the bomb!

Wish I lived near you, I could go for some of that food.

Geno

Full menu of Turkish and Greek standards. And their pita is made daily in house. I could live off their pita and humus.
and Arby's likely buys it from the same places Greek restaurants do

Um.... no.

Exactly...nope! A real place sources theirs properly, seasons, roasts and prepares the meat properly. It is easy to see the difference in real meats and the commercial fodder most places pass as meats.

Having said that, fast food joints have their place. A quick grab and go, sure. Happy meal and a play place on a rainy day for some rambunctious kids...why not.

Raving about some fast food quick fix interpretation of an ethnic classic is laughable.
Posted By: Owl Re: Anyone Try Arby's Greek Gyro? - 04/10/17
Um... I NEVER eat at Arby's unless it's the only place available...
Hawkeye, Is it gyro meat? The local one shows a roast beef gyro and turkey gyro. Just wondering if the roast beef is seasoned like gyro meat.
Hawkeye, Is it gyro meat? The local one shows a roast beef gyro and turkey gyro. Just wondering if the roast beef is seasoned like gyro meat.
It's actual gyro meat. You need to ask for the Greek Style Gyro. When they first introduced it, they used regular roast beef and enough folks complained that they recently added the Greek Style Gyro which uses real gyro meat.

[Linked Image]
Thanks. I may pick some up and have dinner watching my daughters softball game.
Hope you like it.

If you've got an Arby's there's probably a good Greek joint nearby. Just sayin.
Man, I'm getting hungry talking about gyros. Wish it was closer. I'd drive out and have a couple for dinner.

How would he evaluate the Arby's rendition if he did that??

Because they're 2 for $6. Besides I've had gyros all over the world including Greece and I've never had a bad one, I'm looking forward to breaking that streak. 😉
Originally Posted by husqvarna
My local gyro man can't be beat for quality or Quantity. Try Nick's if your ever in Amarillo.

Sorry about that make that Vince's in Amarillo not"Nick's."
It's good!
They don't make them anymore around here. They told me it was only a temporary offering. They said they might offer it again next year. I was pretty pissed, because they were better than the only other source for gyros around here. They still offer other meats in a gyro type sandwich, but no longer serve actual gyro meat gyros. I'm not interested in fake gyros, so I'm off Arby's now.
Best. Gyro. Ever.

Lol.
They don't make them anymore around here. They told me it was only a temporary offering. They said they might offer it again next year. I was pretty pissed, because they were better than the only other source for gyros around here. They still offer other meats in a gyro type sandwich, but no longer serve actual gyro meat gyros. I'm not interested in fake gyros, so I'm off Arby's now.

We'll all ASSUME that Arby's decries the use of "Bovine Growth Hormones", or antibiotics,.....preparing their heavenly gyros with only the finest natural grass finished organic beef.

No WAY their stuff comes from those nasty feedlots, is there ?

You seem to be having memory problems,.....

GTC
Best. Gyro. Ever.

Lol.

....classic closet gyromaniac,.....
I was told that they did not anticipate the response and ran out of the meat.
I last ate anything at ARBY's more than 15 years ago, because on that last occasion, I found a bit of meat embedded in the salt. Had to be accidental, of course. Their slogan is "We have the meats" but they must have them locked up somewhere in Des Moines because all they serve seems to be pure sodium chloride.
Of course, Rocky's comment has to be taken with a grain of salt. smile
I was told that they did not anticipate the response and ran out of the meat.

Makes sense. It was by far the best thing they offered.
It's a really good insight into the flighty and totally erratic machinations that comprise what pass for TRH's thought processes.

............Years back, he HARANGUED this site unmercifully, on a "Your ALL going to die from eating impure foods." All the while holding HIS diet up as an icon of purity and nutritional wisdom. BEEF, in particular was one of his targets and rants.

As noted, it's funny watching him come out of the closet.

It's also a good insight on just how serious anything else he spouts / espouses can be taken.

GTC
Here's a nutrition breakdown for an Arby's Greek Gyro. LINK

The biggies: 550 calories (28% of your daily total), 26 grams of fat (40%), and a whopping 1290 mg of sodium (54%)

In ONE sandwich.

You turned around on that as fast as you did on Trump!
© 24hourcampfire