Home
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Jorge - 04/17/17
Said not much was going to happen with only one carrier. Don't know if this is correct but this article says there are moving a couple into the area. What's up ? Hasbeen

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-carriers-toward-korean-peninsula-yonhap

Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
Just letting the little fat Korean bastard that we have more missiles than he does and that our's work.. Also giving the Chink's a preview of the shiite storm that we'll rain down on his fat ass if they don't curb their fat dog..
Posted By: las Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
A succinct, if not diplomatic-speak summation, I think! smile

Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
I almost laugh when I read the media description of the carrier group. They mention the destroyers like they are the most powerful ship and forget the cruiser. I guess destroyers sound meaner.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
I heard one description of the Carl Vinson, a hundred thousand tons of diplomacy... shocked

DF
Posted By: rost495 Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
If we only really knew the chess game and all the moves, I bet some of us would be surprised from time to time.

My take, lots of things are happening, in one move, that haven't happened in the last 8 years or so.

And today in town, OT I know, there is a shack that has not taken down the hillary signs yet... today it has a sign he is not my president... hmmm pluck you, I had to put up with 8 years of your chit, good for you now you worthless government tit leach.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
I recall saying one is just a statement, two are needed for mutual support and three enhances combat operations sustainability and survivability against a serious enemy. For Gulf War one, we deployed SIX.
Posted By: hatari Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
Also a reminder to China to be smart and play nice. Their technology is still 60 years behind ours and they know it.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Jorge - 04/17/17
I hope this is all just a distraction while someone puts a pinch of strychnine in pudgy-poo's Scotch.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by jorgeI
For Gulf War one, we deployed SIX.

Wow! Do we even have six carrier groups in total anymore?
Posted By: Raeford Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
God knows what we have there....under the surface. whistle
Posted By: 340boy Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by Raeford

Hopefully a few Ohio class 'boomers', assuming they are still in service? Considering who was in the WH the last eight years, I shouldn't assume anything, I suppose!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Oh yeah. they are still in service, but this is not their game and they don't need to be even in the same ocean. Even if the gooks go nuke, it will be a "tactical" game and not strategic.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I almost laugh when I read the media description of the carrier group. They mention the destroyers like they are the most powerful ship and forget the cruiser. I guess destroyers sound meaner.

I think to the MSM, "cruiser" invokes an image of the friendly gay pickup artist in the next apartment.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
guessing the cruiser carries a few more missiles than the destroyers smile
Posted By: prm Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
We have a carrier based in Japan. Conveniently located for just such a need. Don't forget a 'few' USAF assets located in the neighborhood. The norks are in trouble if the hounds are released.
Posted By: Snake River Marksman Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
From Guam to Pyongyang is only 2100 miles. A flight of B-2s would barely have time to get to cruising altitude. (sarcasm)
A few properly placed Tomahawks to open the radar gates and.....
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
From Guam to Pyongyang is only 2100 miles. A flight of B-2s would barely have time to get to cruising altitude. (sarcasm)

I think the biggest concern is Fatboy slamming Soule with hundreds of thousands of artilary shells before the B-2's get there.

But, I'm sure Mad Dog and team have that under advisement. They probably have more tricks than anyone knows, Fatboy included.

Hope it doesn't come to that, but this situation needs to addressed sooner than later, before they are able to perfect the really big stuff.

DF
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman

I think the biggest concern is Fatboy slamming Soule with hundreds of thousands of artilary shells before the B-2's get there.

But, I'm sure Mad Dog and team have that under advisement. They probably have more tricks than anyone knows, Fatboy included.

Hope it doesn't come to that, but this situation needs to addressed sooner than later, before they are able to perfect the really big stuff.

DF

Provided he can reload those artillery pieces more then one time. grin
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
A little gunboat diplomacy to keep the little bastid from pushing the button.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Seol will be toast. There were at least twenty thousand, yes 20K artillery pieces within range. This will be one huge mess that we once again left unfinished. Big Mac was right....
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Seol will be toast. There were at least twenty thousand, yes 20K artillery pieces within range. This will be one huge mess that we once again left unfinished. Big Mac was right....

Truth.

George Patton wanted to whack the Ruskies at the end of WWII while they were vulnerable. He could see over the horizon.

Wasn't politically correct at the time, but there would have been no Soviet Bloc, no Cold War.

Neville Chamberlain incubated the BIG war, a much smaller operation could have taken Hitler out early on before he was given ample time to build a mighty military machine.

Hindsight is 20/20. But, here we are, what do we do with the cards we've been dealt. You gotta play the hand you're holding.

DF

Yep...

Fired by Truman...

Goes along with my previous post.

DF
Posted By: rlott Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by Raeford

It's the Boogeyman. And the Boogeyman is real.

[Linked Image]

"The Ohio-class SSGN bristles with more conventional firepower than any comparable vessel because its twenty-four missile tubes (eighty-eight-inch diameter) were originally designed to carry enormous Trident ballistic missiles. Twenty-two of them were refitted with Tomahawk launch canisters with seven missiles each, for a total of 154 Tomahawks missiles, all of which can be ripple-fired from underwater in the space of six minutes. This is likely to be a heavier cruise-missile armament than an entire surface task force."

Why China and Russia Fear America's Killer Cruise Missile Submarines

Posted By: local_dirt Re: Jorge - 04/18/17
This will be one huge mess that we once again left unfinished. Big Mac was right....

Yep...

Fired by Truman...

Goes along with my previous post.

DF

Yep. My Dad who was a WWII Veteran thought the same.

Truman just couldn't stand Mac's ego. If he'd been smart, he would learned how to stroke it and harness and have that tool when he really needed it. But...
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Jorge - 04/19/17

Amigo, you could not be more right. Fifty seven years ago( 1960) , I joined the Corps to go to Korea and finish that mess.

I guess Vietnam payed better.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jorge - 04/19/17
Most of the OHIO class are SSBNs and the central component of our strategic nuclear deterrent. While some have been converted, my point to the original query was addressing SSBNs. Those we're saving for Russia and China. smile
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Jorge - 04/19/17

Big Mac got his ass handed to him in the Philippines AND in the Korean Peninsula. He was just lucky the Marine Corps was there, and not reading Macs press releases about what a good job MacArthur was doing.

Sycamore
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Jorge - 04/19/17
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Big Mac got his ass handed to him in the Philippines AND in the Korean Peninsula. He was just lucky the Marine Corps was there, and not reading Macs press releases about what a good job MacArthur was doing.

Sycamore

I seems to me since WW 2 the politicians have kept the military's hands tied. I think a lot of things could have turned out different if this was not the case. Hasbeen
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jorge - 04/19/17

Sycamore

Yeah, Inchon and the drive to the Yalu was just a terrible piece of generalship. As to the PI, with no air or sea assets, yeah, it was all his fault....
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jorge - 04/19/17

Sycamore

Yep, real warriors.

Google: Chesty Puller/Chosin Reservoir.

DF
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Jorge - 04/19/17

Sycamore

Yep, real warriors.

DF

My father was a an army staff sargent who was standing on the beach when McArthur returned. He fought for McArthur all across the Pacific. Actually spoke with him on a number of ocasions and greatly admired the man. He thought Truman was a fool for not listening to McArthur.

Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jorge - 04/19/17
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Sycamore

Yep, real warriors.

DF

My father was a an army staff sargent who was standing on the beach when McArthur returned. He fought for McArthur all across the Pacific. Actually spoke with him on a number of ocasions and greatly admired the man. He thought Truman was a fool for not listening to McArthur.

In clear 20/20 hindsight, Big Mac was right, Truman just a politician.

DF
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Jorge - 04/23/17

Sycamore

Yeah, Inchon and the drive to the Yalu was just a terrible piece of generalship. As to the PI, with no air or sea assets, yeah, it was all his fault....

And then what happened?

Sycamore
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Jorge - 04/23/17
After the drive to the Yalu and the impending complete defeat of North Korea, the Chinese entered the war with huge numbers of troops since they could not allow their client state to fall. They were possibly emboldened in this since no one had dropped a couple dozen a-bombs on their border area.

However, MacArthur and his staff believed that the Chinese would not attack in any numbers and did not pay attention to signs that they would, right up until they did.

The Chinese side of the Yalu remained a safe haven and dividing line across which we could not attack for fear of enlarging the war, so it settled into a back and forth stalemate - a tactic repeated in some ways in Vietnam with the safe havens of Laos and Cambodia.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Jorge - 04/23/17
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Said not much was going to happen with only one carrier.

Especially when it's in the Indian Ocean......
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jorge - 04/24/17
Pretty well summed up by Jim above. Further, his "defeat" in the PI, it's his fault just about like Travis' was at the Alamo. Cut off outnumbered and with no possible help for relief, he was ordered out by the President. Man, what is it with you lefties and your hatred of the like of MacArthur? Lastly and to my original POINT, had he been allowed to finish off and drive the Chinese back to the Yalu and a unified Korea, we would not be in this mess. Just another zero to the left of the period and US Foreign Policy debacles since WWII.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Jorge - 04/28/17
...However, MacArthur and his staff believed that the Chinese would not attack in any numbers and did not pay attention to signs that they would, right up until they did....

yep, a great general, expert on asians, doncha know?

check out what the Army says about it.

http://www.history.army.mil/brochures/kw-chinter/chinter.htm

The initial warning attacks and diplomatic hints by the Chinese were ignored by the overconfident Far Eastern Command under General MacArthur. MacArthur�s failure to comprehend the reality of the situation led the entire United Nations army to near disaster at the Ch�ongch�on River and the Chosin Reservoir. Only the grit and determination of the individual American soldiers and marines as they fought the three major enemies of cold, fear, and isolation held the UN line together during the retreats from North Korea. Once tied together into a coherent defensive line, under new and dynamic leadership, these same soldiers and marines showed their determination to continue the fight. Hard battles lay ahead, but the period of headlong retreats from an attacking, unsuspected foe, was finally over.

Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Jorge - 04/28/17
ò
I recall saying one is just a statement, two are needed for mutual support and three enhances combat operations sustainability and survivability against a serious enemy. For Gulf War one, we deployed SIX.

And a battle wagon!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could still park the Missouri, the Iowa and the Wisconsin off the coast of NK.

© 24hourcampfire