Home
Posted By: ironbender Hey Rick! Is The Site Safe? - 04/19/17
Updated to the latest version of Firefox (52.0.2 (32-bit)) and got the following message:
Insecure password warning in Firefox

Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through red strikethrough icon in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.
What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you don’t also use for other important sites.
About insecure pages

Pages that need to transmit private information, such as credit cards, personal information and passwords, need to have a secure connection to help prevent attackers from stealing your information. (Tip: A secure connection will have "HTTPS" in the address bar, along with a green lock icon.)

Pages that don’t transmit any private information can have an unencrypted connection (HTTP). It is not advised to enter private information, such as passwords, on a web page that shows HTTP in the address bar. The information you enter can be stolen over this insecure connection.
Note for developers

For developers looking to learn more about this warning, please see this page. The page explains when and why Firefox shows this warning, and will also provide some details on how to fix the issue. For more information, see this blog post and this Site Compatibility document.

Share this article: http://mzl.la/1ZNx7IP

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct
up
Originally Posted by ironbender
Updated to the latest version of Firefox (52.0.2 (32-bit)) and got the following message:
Insecure password warning in Firefox

Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through red strikethrough icon in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.
What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you don’t also use for other important sites.
About insecure pages

Pages that need to transmit private information, such as credit cards, personal information and passwords, need to have a secure connection to help prevent attackers from stealing your information. (Tip: A secure connection will have "HTTPS" in the address bar, along with a green lock icon.)

Pages that don’t transmit any private information can have an unencrypted connection (HTTP). It is not advised to enter private information, such as passwords, on a web page that shows HTTP in the address bar. The information you enter can be stolen over this insecure connection.
Note for developers

For developers looking to learn more about this warning, please see this page. The page explains when and why Firefox shows this warning, and will also provide some details on how to fix the issue. For more information, see this blog post and this Site Compatibility document.

Share this article: http://mzl.la/1ZNx7IP

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct
I got freaked by that warning a couple of weeks ago. I researched it. Nothing has changed here. What has changed is that the new version of FireFox issues that warning automatically for every site that's not protected. This site doesn't have that protection, so you now get the warning.
I don't know how it's done, but don't want my password and acct hacked.
I know what you mean. Would be nice if he protected us a bit better.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I don't think it's high risk and probably a simple fix to make it more compatible with this newest version of FF.

If it's a 'real' issue, Rick will fix it.
It won't be long now. All the regulars will be here telling you the site is free so what can you expect ?
All you have to do is jump through a gazillion hoops that nobody else has to an any other website to use the free site.
Not about popups, being slow, redirects or any of that. In fact, 24HCF is like lightnin!
I started getting that message a few weeks ago too. I just blew it off as a Fire Fox upgrade.
The same ass hole hacks my account daily.
Gotta be Firefox. I don't get it with Chrome.
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
It won't be long now. All the regulars will be here telling you the site is free so what can you expect ?
All you have to do is jump through a gazillion hoops that nobody else has to an any other website to use the free site.
LOL
Originally Posted by kingston

Dude, can't you change your password?

Also, what the hell is with your location? You ain't from MD, but your state is almost as bad. crazy

It's been noticed..... wink
Posted By: poboy Re: Hey Rick! Is The Site Safe? - 04/19/17
What do you expect from a free site??
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Free to come here, free to leave....
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Dude, can't you change your password?

Also, what the hell is with your location? You ain't from MD, but your state is almost as bad. crazy

It's got nothing to do with MD. LOL

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I still see no downside to topside loading.

The downside to toploading is unloading, if you intend to keep the rifle unloaded in the truck.

If there was a perfect application for a detachable magazine, it would be on a truck gun.

Why would one keep a rifle unloaded in the truck? Unless of course if you live in one of those dumbphuck states, like Blackheart and I'd assume Merryland.

Keeping a rifle loaded in the truck is perfectly acceptable here and I'm assuming in Montana, based on past experiences there.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

GFY

That's really from me.

laugh
Its the russians.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/19/russian-bombers-again-fly-near-alaska.html
Posted By: byc Re: Hey Rick! Is The Site Safe? - 04/19/17
GO CAPS!!
We send three carriers flanked by a small fleet half way around the world in a show of force. Russia flies a couple planes within eyeshot of Sarah Palin's house.
We send three carriers flanked by a small fleet half way around the world in a show of force. Russia flies a couple planes within eyeshot of Sarah Palio's house.

Nope. Sarah is farther from the coast - too far to see that.
Posted By: Snyper Re: Hey Rick! Is The Site Safe? - 04/19/17
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Wear a condom when you log in if you want "protection"
It's pretty easy to spot posters using protection online. Most wear it on the big head.

with some of the nasty stuff you post I'd think the "I've been hacked " defense would be your best move. whistle
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Hey Rick! Is The Site Safe? - 04/19/17

I can never seem to get signed in correctly anymore, so I just have a random password assigned every time I need to log on. A hacker can have that one if he wants.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

with some of the nasty stuff you post I'd think the "I've been hacked " defense would be your best move. whistle

Dood, WTF?
You are pretty nasty.

GFY

That's really from me.

laugh

How do I know for sure? I mean a GFY means nothing if you don't know where it came from.
You are pretty nasty.

Give the old man a break, fuqk he lives in darkness for 6 months!

GFY

That's really from me.

laugh

How do I know for sure? I mean a GFY means nothing if you don't know where it came from.

I know where it came from.

I know where it came from.

From the heart I hope!
💕❤️❤️💕💕💕❤️💕
You are pretty nasty.

Give the old man a break, fuqk he lives in darkness for 6 months!

Alright, alright....
I can live with it, the goofy hearts do make me a little nervous though.

Dood, WTF?

just funning you pard, you ain't been on my deck in forever, so this is the closest I could come to elbowin you in the ribs a bit while you reach for a beer.
You are pretty nasty.

Dood, WTF?
Too many hearts? I worried about that.

Dood, WTF?

just funning you pard, you ain't been on my deck in forever, so this is the closest I could come to elbowin you in the ribs a bit while you reach for a beer.

I know. Just might be your turn to drive though.
Software update soon. Ironhead's fault. smile
[Linked Image]
Is there a wifi version?
Guys the site is safer than ever. We have gone to https and the new software promises to augment that and have a few other goodies as well (mobile).

Originally Posted by RickBin
Software update soon. Ironhead's fault. smile

Heh! I broke Rick's innanet. grin
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by nighthawk
[Linked Image]

Lmao
You are pretty nasty.

Dood, WTF?

Doood! Did someone let your one feeling loose today?
Sucks that it's in the sensitivity mode today.
GFY Mark!
wink
© 24hourcampfire