I just saw it reported.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Erin Moran of the Happy Days TV show.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Right.
Posted By: Steve Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Pretty young. RIP.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
One report was that she had 'issues' which is one way of politely saying she was a druggie.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Depression, doping, and hard partying will claim your ass early, RIP if you can.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Fame is one thing, fortune, good fortune that is, do not always go hand, in hand.
Posted By: Dan_Chamberlain Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
People who seek acceptance are all ready emotionally frail.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Only 56. I read a couple of months ago that she had lost her home and was living in a mobile home. Didn't hear the detail.
Posted By: kellory Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Rest in peace, joanie.
Posted By: benchman Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
RIP. A troubled soul, for a very long time.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Hope she finds peace.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Originally Posted by Scotty
Only 56. I read a couple of months ago that she had lost her home and was living in a mobile home. Didn't hear the detail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436544/Happy-Days-star-Erin-Moran-dies-aged-56.html

...Her downward spiral became evident in September 2012, when she was photographed looking worse for wear outside a Holiday Inn in Corydon, Indiana, after reportedly being kicked out of the trailer she shared with her husband Steve Fleischmann.

Erin was reportedly told to leave the trailer she'd been sharing with her husband by his mother, who was tired of her 'hard-partying ways.'

The National Enquirer reported earlier that year the couple had moved into the 'rundown trailer park' after losing their California home to foreclosure....

...At the time they were understood to be living off a dwindling sum of money which was the result of a payout springing from a lawsuit filed by several Happy Days cast members in April 2011.

The actress and three of her Happy Days co-stars, Don Most, Anson Williams and Marion Ross, plus the estate of Tom Bosley, who died in 2010, filed a $10 million breach-of-contract lawsuit against CBS, which owns the show.

The suit claimed cast members had not been paid for merchandising revenues owed under their contracts.

In July 2012, the actors settled their lawsuit with CBS. Each received a payment of $65,000 and a promise by CBS to continue honoring the terms of their contracts....

Posted By: mohick Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Guess hollywierd lifestyle ,leads to a short lifespan!!!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Actors need to be required to take a few classes in money management. She made enough when young so that she should have been living well.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Her fame from Happy Days went to her head and she became a notorious diva. She was unemployable after her behavior on the sets of Happy Days and Joanie Loves Chachi. Eventually the money ran out.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Us nobody's are likely better off, two nickels to rub together, if we are lucky is nice.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Us nobody's are likely better off, two nickels to rub together, if we are lucky is nice.

Proverbs 30:7-9... "Two things I ask of you, LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."

Still applicable 3,000 years later... RIP Erin Moran...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
She died in Indiana. That beats the hell out of living in Indiana another day.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
I love Indiana, it's a great state with wonderful people.

RIP Erin, your personal demons are gone.
Posted By: cfran Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Smug comment . . . and trust you can hear banjo music from your doorstep like AL or MS, etc. which is waaay cooler than IN I'm sure of.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Suicide, slowly or all at once.
Originally Posted by cfran

Smug comment . . . and trust you can hear banjo music from your doorstep like AL or MS, etc. which is waaay cooler than IN I'm sure of.

Why is it always the bleeders that can't take a joke?
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17

A Smiley after your post, would have clarified the sarcasm intended.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

A Smiley after your post, would have clarified the sarcasm intended.

It's better to know those that are easily pussy hurt. Cfran is apparently no different than the snowflakes that get hurt by every little comment.

Not surprising really, she do live in Minnesoda
Posted By: cfran Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/23/17
Priceless response. Apparently my little note made you so mad that you had to respond twice. Lighten up Francis, you aren't dealing with a snowflake and no worries I have no opinion on IN, was just a smug comment.

Carry on, won't try to hurt your feelings again.
Posted By: Starman Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/23/17
Originally Posted by mohick

Especially for child stars...Taken to all those smoke and mirrors dizzy heights so young.
then their adult careers get stigmatised by their young role characters so they cant get
a break as a serious adult actor.

Jodie Foster is an exception, but movies can be different story, they don't linger in ones
career like Happy Days, Brady Bunch or Married with Children would.

Shirely Temple struggled, but she didn't waste herself because of it.

I couldnt take adult MWC Ed Neil seriously when he later did a serious movie role.

Natalie Wood started very early in front of a camera,(5 I think), dead at 43.

"My mother used to tell me that the cameraman who pointed his lens out at the audience at the end of the Paramount newsreel
was taking my picture. I'd pose and smile like he was going to make me famous or something. I believed everything my mother
told me." -N.Wood.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/24/17
seriously. Does anyone really give a chit about her, one way or the other? What a waste of bandwidth.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/24/17
Totally sad case, that...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/24/17
Originally Posted by Starman

Especially for child stars...Taken to all those smoke and mirrors dizzy heights so young.
then their adult careers get stigmatised by their young role characters so they cant get

Jodie Foster is an exception, but movies can be different story, they don't linger in ones

I couldnt take adult MWC Ed Neil seriously when he later did a serious movie role.

"My mother used to tell me that the cameraman who pointed his lens out at the audience at the end of the Paramount newsreel
was taking my picture. I'd pose and smile like he was going to make me famous or something. I believed everything my mother
told me." -N.Wood.
She's queer. That's totally screwed up. I can't say that being a child actor caused it though.
Posted By: hanco Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/24/17
I liked her on Happy Days. RIP
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/24/17
Reporting bouts of depression in her 20's, two marriages no kids, foreclosed out of her California home age 50, kicked out of the Indiana trailer park for "partying".

Just a sad life.

Hope she's at peace.

Birdwatcher
Posted By: deflave Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/24/17

told me." -N.Wood.

It's Ed O'Neill you moron.

And he went on to star in one of the most successful sitcoms in the past decade. Again.

Dave
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/24/17
RIP Joanie!

Your chains are gone, you've been set free, and will now live forever in the arms of your loving and merciful LORD!
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/24/17
I'm sorry to hear this. I always liked her.
It was sad to see her life in a tailspin.

RIP Joanie.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Erin Morgan Dead - 04/24/17
Originally Posted by deflave

told me." -N.Wood.

It's Ed O'Neill you moron.

And he went on to star in one of the most successful sitcoms in the past decade. Again.

Dave

Yea! Go Ted Bundy!
Posted By: add Re: Morgan Freeman Dead - 04/24/17
First Big AL, then Potsie, now this.
Posted By: Steve Re: Morgan Freeman Dead - 04/24/17
Fox is saying she had cancer.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Morgan Freeman Dead - 04/24/17
Originally Posted by Steve
Fox is saying she had cancer.

Yeah, that's pretty much what has been released today.

Cancer is a scourge.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/26/17
I think she had stage 4 cancer.... a sad story for a troubled person
Posted By: BarryC Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/26/17
God bless all the people possessed by the demons of drug and alcohol addiction.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Erin Moran Dead - 04/26/17
she died of throat cancer
© 24hourcampfire