Home
... Well, maybe .... if Trump has his way. He would like to break-up the 9th. Circuit Court of Appeal. Legislation has already been introduced to break-up the 9th. Circuit, with California, Oregon and Hawaii, and two island districts, remaining in the 9th. Circuit, and with a new 12th. Circuit Court of Appeal created (which would presumably include new appellate justices) for Nevada, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Arizona and Alaska.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
See:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...circuit-court-of-appeals/article/2621379

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-sanctuary-city-travel-ban-disputes.html
Oh please Oh please Oh please let that happen. I think it would really help with our wolf and grizzly bear problems.
IIRC, that has to go through Congress... And it'll not happen - at least, not for years and years..
Redneck, out of curiosity, why do you say that?
It would be best to remove all the judges on the current court and appoint new ones. Note "remove" is to be defined as needed.
It's way past time to split it up. The 9th was formed when the West had about a million people, total. (I'd have to look it up to get actual numbers.) It now encompasses several times the population of any other court district. Just to allow for equal representation, it needs to be split into at least two separate districts, and conceivably three.
Three liberal courts sounds much better than one. More opportunity to set precedence anyway.
There is no such thing as a liberal court, just liberal judges. When a court is formed, it is seated with new judges. And the government in charge gets to pick them. Clear now?
Hope it comes to pass

I'm pretty over judges from San Fran hearing Alaska cases
I agree it needs to happen, just because the 9th represents too large of a portion of the population.

But it really won't change anything. The same liberal judges will still be in place, liberals can still shop around to get those judges to stop lawsuits.
Oh, I bet that goes over real well.
Not holding my breath until this happens. eek
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

C'mon man, they can't even get rid of obamacare.
or NAFTA
All judges, except the Supreme Court, answer to the Congress. They could fire all of the 9th circuit based on the idea they are overturned too much and as such make too many mistakes and cost the tax payers more than necessary.

All kinds of mechanical or organizational changes can be made but I feel our country will continually devolve under leftist ideological fascism which permeates academia, now controls the Demo Party, many elites and leaders, and the major media outlets.

Leftist ideology is immoral and a republic will not work with leaders that lie, obfuscate, and deceive to the furtherance of their or their party's ends. It's easy to see that there is now no longer a balance of power with the disrespect shown to both law and the constitution.
God willing.
While good for most of the country I would still me screwed.
ftbt: I suffered professionally under the hideous rulings the 9th circus court came down with, for 29 years!
The procedures, policies, laws and rules of conduct that our large police department enforced and lived by were CONSTANTLTY being changed, re-interpreted, modified, abolished and whatever - again this was CONSTANTLY!
It got so bad that our department began issuing a quarterly multipage bulletin (usually 6 to 8 pages) to all officers of rulings/interpretations/changes regarding the 9th circus courts bizarre liberal rulings!
The the departments legal advisers (lawyers) would reissue (have reprinted!) numerous pages each year to our police procedures manuals - which every officer was mandated to maintain as current!
This got to be a quarterly joke - the 9th circus court would change laws and powers afforded to the police and months or years later the Untied States Supreme Court would over-rule (VERY often!) the ludicrous decisions made by the liberal activist judges there on the 9th circus court of appeals!
This went on continuously for the 29 years I served on that department.
I hear its still going on to this day?
The 9th circus court of appeals is the most over-turned court in our nations history!
Sad!
The sooner these activist judges on the ninth circus court of appeals are replaced (impeached or what ever!) the better off the United States of America will be!
PERIOD!
GO TRUMP!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I don't think it will happen, but I sure hope so. All the fruits and Nuts in CA will sh..a brick, but it's best for all fair -minded citizens.
He can use Obama's phone and pen.
For starters, there are something like 20 vacancies in the Court......

Fill them...
You want the 9th circuit exactly how it is. That way the ridiculous left-wing rulings come out of just one court with target on it's back for SCOTUS to overturn (which all the other circuits will then follow. Split that up and you'll start getting more liberal rulings from multiple courts. Face it, Obama and Reid stacked the courts. There are going to be a lot of ruling with judicial over reach, just like the ruling last week about so-called " pre-enforcement anxiety" bout Sanctuary cities.
The Nutty Ninth has earned the nickname.

Liberals buy most of the judges they shop for there.

80% overturn rate.

Disgusting.
Originally Posted by Scott F
While good for most of the country I would still me screwed.

not really, you have made contacts in free america. Particularly if you bring a hornet and chocolate.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
You want the 9th circuit exactly how it is. That way the ridiculous left-wing rulings come out of just one court with target on it's back for SCOTUS to overturn (which all the other circuits will then follow. Split that up and you'll start getting more liberal rulings from multiple courts. Face it, Obama and Reid stacked the courts. There are going to be a lot of ruling with judicial over reach, just like the ruling last week about so-called " pre-enforcement anxiety" bout Sanctuary cities.

No
We want to ABOLISH the 9th circus, and replace it with 2 new circuit courts, with every judge in the two new courts requiring nomination by President Trump, and Senate. confirmation.

Demonstrate to the appellate courts that if their fellow judges within the circuit get too nutty we can fire THEM ALL, and perhaps they will consider it wise to police their own a little more.
Put Kommiefornia, Oregon, Worshinton and Hawaii in the same circuit. They'll be in like company together.
I LIKE it!
Putting the liberal fringe out on the fringe!
"The Warden" says Trump just wants to break up the pack - so to speak.
Originally Posted by Ringman
All judges, except the Supreme Court, answer to the Congress. They could fire all of the 9th circuit based on the idea they are overturned too much and as such make too many mistakes and cost the tax payers more than necessary.

Those aren't "mistakes". Sedition is more like it, and they are deliberate.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Because Trump can't do it unilaterally...it takes legislation to get that done....and the dickhead GOP members keep fighting one another over their little power positions and refuse to get united to DEFEAT the damned Dems..

THREE times we've voted these aholes in to get RID of O-care - and they (1) don't have the balls and (2) they LOVE the fact that gov't now has the power to control THAT aspect of yer life...

So, breaking up the 9th Circus won't happen - at least for years and years... Take that to the bank..
Originally Posted by muffin
For starters, there are something like 20 vacancies in the Court......

Fill them...

And I have to wonder what harry and obama's real goal was/is? If Hillary had been elected she would have picked up Obama's and harry's list of potential judges and started stacking more liberals into the courts.

Every day we need to ask ourselves, what was their ultimate goal and how was it going to affect me? How would it affect my children and grand children?

The thoughts that come to mind scare the hell out of me.

kwg
Not sure how this would change anything, liberals would still run to what is left of the 9th circuit to push their agenda, wouldn't they?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The Nutty Ninth has earned the nickname.

Liberals buy most of the judges they shop for there.

80% overturn rate.

Disgusting.

Throwing paper on the wall to see if it sticks. Efficiency.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Not sure how this would change anything, liberals would still run to what is left of the 9th circuit to push their agenda, wouldn't they?

That would probably be true with respect to the significantly reduced geographic area that would encompass the "new" 9th. Circuit. What would (hopefully) happen is that the new 12th. Circuit would be populated by new conservative / constitutionalist Justices. While that doesn't directly help the people who live in the "new" 9th. Circuit, what it would tend to do is increase the chances of fundamental splits between the 9th. and 12th. on important constitutional issues .... thereby further increasing the chance that split between the Circuits would have to be decided by the Supreme Court .... which would (hopefully) contain a few new conservative / constitutional Justices.
© 24hourcampfire