Home
I will wake up in the morning without a full or part time job! Today was my last day at work and tomorrow will begin a new chapter in my and my wife's life. I'm going to spend the next few days sipping, tinkering and reflecting on 30+ years in the oilfield! I got out with all my fingers, arms, legs and most of my sanity so I'm calling it a success! A retirment package and pension make it much easier to walk away from. The Axis,WT, Hogs and others better beware. God bless America

[Linked Image]
Congrats, enjoy.
Enjoy the retirement.
Good for you. Congratulations
Congratulations! Hope it is amazing for you and the wife. I will tip a Gentleman Jack to you both!
Congrats! Looking forward to it.
here,here
Congratulations.

Last day I worked was July 17 2013, highly recommend your new schedule.

F
Congratulations!
Good times! smile
Well done!!! Good luck in all your endeavors!!!
Big Congrats!! enjoy life now
Awesome, especially with all extremities intact. It'll be a few more years for me
Hopefully soon to follow for me.

Congrats and

laissez le bon temps rouler!

Geno
Congratulations
Congratulations, enjoy yourself.
as happy for you as a jealous man can be!

I wasn't ready to retire.

today? WTF was I thinkin?
rock on! just keep busy, even if its just chasing the wife!
Congrats - well done - enjoy the time and try to keep properly busy.
Congrats to you . . . enjoy the fruits of your long labors.

I've been just plain 'ol tired, I've been retired, I've retired from retirement and at the end of this year, I hope to retire from the unretirement. My bride has been retired for about 5 years and I'm not sure she's ready for me to join her . . .

Congratulations, again!!!
ENJOY EVERY DAY BEING RETIRED!
Congratulations amigo, but be warned...you're not done. smile
Congrads! enjoy Life!
We have a Winner!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Whole Weekend!
Congrats; One year ago today was my last day so it's now officially one year that I've been retired. Worked until age 66 so I could get full benefit from S.S. Got that and the pension and haven't even touched the IRA's or annuity yet (thank God for good financial advisors). It took me awhile to get used to not having to go to work every day, but I got used to it. Now I keep busy hunting, fishing, reloading, going to the range, and learned how to sail on Lake Ontario last summer. Keep yourself busy, I've seen too many guys retire to the couch & TV and it seems like a few years later you're attending their funeral. Stay active even if it's only long walks.
Congratulations.

Retirement is great! This was my way of spending a rainy day today.

[Linked Image]
Enjoy your retirement & congrats.
Way to go....congratulations!
Good for the Elkhunter! Enjoy your many days yet to come!
Lard ass! Get up and find a job!
Congrats Bev. We need to hookup.
Congrats and i wish you many years of enjoyment. This is my 20th year in the oilfields of southeast New Mexico and West Texas. It has treated me well. 20 more to go.

Kelly
Congrats,
Congrats!!! We'll never quite get to that point but we'll damn sure make time to enjoy what we have as best we can. We all deserve that after putting up with life and so many other humans
I thought you were going to tell us that you had a wet dream last night.

Congrats buddy!
Congratulations!
Good for you, man. Congrats and enjoy.
That's freakin awesome! Congrats, that is what America is all about.

There is some great fishing to be had around Slidell - you might want to consider starting with some of that.

Thanks for being a productive member of society!
If you do it right, you will never be busier!

A few years back I retired. Moved 600 miles north to above the Arctic Circle (I didn't get the memo!)

Took an advertised 20 hr/week job to keep busy and supplement income so I could hunt'n fish, etc.

For the next three years I never worked less than a 60 hour week, I think- often 70 or more. Finally got promoted to" full time", and it dropped to 50/week....

Another good idea shot to hell..... smile

I did change jobs after 4 years, down to 35 per week with a couple summer months off, now. More better!

Enjoy your "free time", bud! Be careful out there..... smile
Congratulations!
CONGRATS BEV!
Congratulations. Sometimes I wish I was in your shoes.

I've been in the stone business for 37 years and always thought about what it would be like to not have to go to work everyday. I would love to be able to just hunt, fish and shoot whenever I want as well as work in the yard and just relax. Unfortunately I own the company and will be at this for at least the next 10 or 15 years. I just hope I have the health and energy to be able to do those things at that point.

Enjoy yourself and kill some critters for me.
I spent 28 years in Law Enforcement, been retired almost 9 months. Highly recommend it
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Congrats, enjoy.
In spades!!!!
Congrats! Enjoy you're retirement!
Congratulations, sir.
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to my first day of retirement about 6 years from now.
Enjoy every minute, you earned it!
Enjoy & Congrats
Excellent! Congratulations!
Awesome! Congrats. Ma will keep you busy around the house I'm sure.
Congrats!!

I have found that retirement is the second best "job" I have ever had.

Being grandpa is by far the best!!

But wait, being grandpa is not a job.....
Congratulations and have fun. I'm a few years behind you and envious.

Frank
Good for you elkhunter, and here's a hearty "congratulations" to you! You earned it, now enjoy it. Our paths will cross some day in the TX Hill Country I predict.
GFY

Good for you!! Congrats on getting out in one piece.
Congrats!
Congrats!
Way to go!!! I have 20 months. Can't wait!!
Thank you folks for all the kind wishes! During my many years in the field I remember going home many many days and nights so tired that I didn't think I could make it to my pickup to drive home. On the other hand I also remember going home with my ribs aching from laughing so hard. God Bless America!
Enjoy it!!!!
Congratulations!
Have a great retirement.
Congrats and enjoy!
© 24hourcampfire