Home
Mangos are due around July 4
[Linked Image]
I saved a poor looking pineapple plant from my bobcats grapple, it's doing better in my yard
[Linked Image]
The coconut palm in the background produces year round.
Apples(2)
Peaches(2)
Cherries(2)
Kieffer pears
Blackberries(2)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Broccoli
Maters
Radishes
Eggplant
Spinach
Chinese water spinach
Asparagus
Cukes
Luffas
Gourds
Peppers(?)
Lettuce (mixed)
Chives
Green onions
Snow peas
Zukes
Pumpkins
Apples
Peaches
Cherries (Idaho house)
Maters
Spinach
Cukes
Peppers
Lettuce (mixed)
Chives
Green onions
Zukes
Garlic
Basil
Potatoes
Carrots
Satsumas
Plums
Cactus
Parsley
Catnip
Plums, grapes, onions, chives.... just put in tomatoes, squash, peppers, broccoli, cabbage, rosemary, thyme.
Currently taking a break. This afternoon I'll plant kale, swiss chard, green beans, corn.

Wish I had more room.......................................................no I don't. Getting old.
Strawberries and Rasberries.
Mainly dandelions in mine, although I've heard they make a dandy salad. grin

L.W.
Aspen trees

A few junipers

sagebrush

grass

deer and pronghorns

squirrels

lots of birds.
Just some laying hens.

[Linked Image]
I don't stay home enough to grow fruit and veg, but there is about 2000 square feet of marijuana about 150 feet from my property line. Lucky for me, most of the time my place is upwind. If we get a NW wind in Sept or October, it smells like a skunk den.
Trees: apples, apricots, peaches, cherries, nectarines, pears, plums
grapes, asparagus

Most of the garden stuff isn't in yet. Its risky to plant freezable stuff here before Memorial day. It got down to 30 last night. We have a lot of stuff started in the greenhouse, though.
Before we're done, we'll have corn, watermelons, cantaloupes, peas, beans, onions, spuds, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes, & probably other stuff that I've forgotten for the moment.
My wife is growing a BUNCH of flowers to sell as cut flowers. She hopes to corner the farmers markets this summer.
Originally Posted by Alagator
I don't stay home enough to grow fruit and veg, but there is about 2000 square feet of marijuana about 150 feet from my property line. Lucky for me, most of the time my place is upwind. If we get a NW wind in Sept or October, it smells like a skunk den.

Round Up, up wind!
The wood pile. Taking a couple trees down.
grass
Asian pears
Apples
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Squash
Morrels

Marlins lever guns............. grin

taters......sunflowers........quakies..........beans..........alfalfa.............

sorghum....more sunflowers....pumpkins.....corn......(deer/bird plot)

apples.............pears......peaches............

soon this years deer crop...hope more pheasants too.....lotta W E E D S too.........

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by tikkanut
[Linked Image]

You need to send that lever gun back to Marlin and have them update it with a cross bolt safety for you. grin
Mostly moss, mold, algae.......All that PNW goodness. Lol.

A small garden with sage, thyme, oregano, onions, beans, assorted flower pots that are blooming, and of course the lawn.
Feeling a bit envious of those who are growing such nice fruit and veggies, etc. (although we do have a small greenhouse for a few things).

Our "back yard" starts all around the house and goes for miles and miles - not certain where it would end. It grows wild land grasses, ponderosa, pinyon, juniper, cedar, aspen, fir and hemlock among other stuff - and everything from smaller rodents though prairie dogs, squirrels, raccoons, badgers, porcupines, coyotes, wolves, coatimundi, bobcats, mountain lions, javelina, bear, deer, antelope, elk, etc. Soaring above are the common SW birds plus three kinds of hawks, two kinds of eagles and buzzards. The slithering types are king and bull snakes and two types of rattlers. The owls just sit and watch over it all. Seems like right around the house we also grow some odd weeds and a lot of little odd-tasting balls of something - usually a lot of those here after the elk pass through.
Unwelcomed Honey Bees

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
WOW!!! You are a lucky man!!
In the Idaho yard. When we bought the place summer 2005 a big cow and calf walked out to within 20 or so yards of my wife and 20# Cocker Spaniel. The Cocker ran them off...

[Linked Image]
Grass!
Squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and grass
Pot. Lots of pot all around us. We won't be here but another three weeks so these growers can kma. Hate em.
Blueberries, blackberries and tomatoes for me. Clover for the deer and rabbits.
2 types of muscadines
2 kinds of pears
peach
apple
Originally Posted by rphguy
2 types of muscadines
2 kinds of pears
peach
apple

I've got both kinds of Muscadines growing wild too. Also garlic chives grow wild here, not to mention lufa.
cactus and turkeys

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Blacktails
[Linked Image]
Turkeys
[Linked Image]
Red Shouldered Hawks
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Unwelcomed Honey Bees

Easy fix. If the bees are unwelcome, contact your local beekeeping organization. Nothing better than free bees, especially if the queen can be caught. Beekeeper will probably even give you some free honey in exchange.

What's growing in my back yard? More than anything else....welcome bees! laugh Apiary is expanding this year.
Billy336: Rhubarb, Mule Deer, Ground Squirrels, Hungarian Partridge and a Crab Apple tree that bears fruit every third year or so (if we don't have a late freeze-up then we get fruit).
Hold into the Wind
VarmintGuy
Bees are our biggest thing right now.

I've been selling nucs (pronounced "newks"; short for nucleus hives) again this year:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
We are expecting a bumper honey crop this year too:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We also have fresh eggs daily:

[Linked Image]

Also:
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Apples
Blue Berries
Black Berries
Raspberries
Peppers
Tomatoes
Aspen, Ponderosa Pine, Engelmann Spruce, Douglas Fir.

And some critters

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Love the bee hives and big Muleys, I just have a very large deck project growing in my back yard.
Heirloom tomatoes and ten less possums!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Fish.

[Linked Image]
Amur Honeysuckle, thousands of them. I hate that stuff, it spreads like cancer. At least it doesn't have thorns.
Picked first cucumbers today!
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Heirloom tomatoes and ten less possums!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ya know you've always been my fave poster, right? Dayum good tomatoes are to die for,
Originally Posted by EdM
In the Idaho yard. When we bought the place summer 2005 a big cow and calf walked out to within 20 or so yards of my wife and 20# Cocker Spaniel. The Cocker ran them off...

[Linked Image]

Chickenshit moose! Mine stare the dog down. Or the cows do. if they don't ignore him as in pic above. The calves haven't learned yet and charge him. (About 10 seconds following pic above)

Dog died. Gonna have to retrain the whole damned neighborhood once we move back and acquire another dog!
Originally Posted by WoodsStalker
WOW!!! You are a lucky man!!

I know it. If I could only eat more game!

We don't do veggies up here much! smile. And those pics were taken 600 miles apart, moose on the Kenai Peninsula at our permanent home, and outside Kotzebue, above the Arctic Circle, where we have lived for the last 7 years on a "one to 3 year temporary" job, post retirement. We didn't get the memo.... smile. At least one ore to go..

I miss passive-greenhouse tomatoes..... I'm working on a floor-heated greenhouse at the home place.

Wife keeps getting in the way...but she eats the produce, when we have it.

© 24hourcampfire