Home
Today’s gun show in Costa Mesa CA county fair grounds was busy but not like it was last year, for those that have never been there this site has 6 buildings each the size of a school gymnasium packed with rolls and rolls of tables.

In the past I would go an hour+ before it opened and wait in line. Once in there would be hundred’s of folks in the Miwalls Corp line of ammo and powder sales so the wait would continue.

Today I was running late and arrived 15 minutes after it opened, no waiting in the ticket line, no waiting in the entrance line then I walked right in to the ammo counter and was waited on in less than 5 minutes!

Thank you Mr President! The country is no longer filled with fearful buyers!
So did you buy anything?
Pick me up some turkey jerky!

Thx

DMc
the election last Nov and the internet pretty muck is killing gun shows
I go to far less of then I did two years ago
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
So did you buy anything?

Bought some tools for gunsmithing and found deals on some .243 WIN ammo, I normally reload but am picking up a new to me .243 Kimber Montana Monday so I wanted to try several factory loads first. Found a shop clearing out his ammo , the more I purchase the cheaper it was. Ended up with 80 gr T-TSX Barnes for $20, Federal Fusion at $15 box,even better was the .243 Superformance .243 95gr SST at $12.50 box if I bought the last 3 boxes.

It's 85 miles away but I was there doing a computer room power down so the building could do their yearly GFI testing tonight and my work mileage allowance of $85 was more than enough to pay for all the ammo I got smile since I return Sunday to restart everything I will hit it again!
Originally Posted by old_willys
So did you buy anything?

Bought some tools for gunsmithing and found deals on some .243 WIN ammo, I normally reload but am picking up a new to me .243 Kimber Montana Monday so I wanted to try several factory loads first. Found a shop clearing out his ammo , the more I purchase the cheaper it was. Ended up with 80 gr T-TSX Barnes for $20, Federal Fusion at $15 box,even better was the .243 Superformance .243 95gr SST at $12.50 box if I bought the last 3 boxes.

It's 85 miles away but I was there doing a computer room power down so the building could do their yearly GFI testing tonight and my work mileage allowance of $85 was more than enough to pay for all the ammo I got smile since I return Sunday to restart everything I will hit it again!

Check out the Kimber Montana thread that is a couple of years old. Some good tips in there.
Originally Posted by DMc
Pick me up some turkey jerky!

Thx

DMc

Hey.....the guy shows up an hour before they open and still waits in line.

The least you could do is offer to buy him a bag too.
People still go to those chinese junk and blow gun shows???
I went to the Indy 1500 Gun Show yesterday, attendance was way down I walked in the door at 9:00 A.M.. Usually there would be a long line, there seemed to be a couple fewer aisles of tables. Lots of lookers, didn't see much selling activity and very little stuff being carried in. On the plus side it was easier to get around, no traffic jams in the aisles. With parking at $5.00 and single day admission $12.00 this along with other factors may be the cause.
Nothing worth going for anymore Same dealers, same stuff, same ultra inflated idiot prices! even with free parking around here the cost of admission isn't worth it. same trinkets and trash stuff as flea market!!
My all time favorite gun show Line,,,

"Well, We dunno what it is, but we think youre askin' too much for it ".
I haven't been to a gun show since I discovered GunBroker. Good buys on here sometimes.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That line is not reserved for gun shows.
Originally Posted by old_willys
Today’s gun show in Costa Mesa CA county fair grounds!
WOW... A CA county allows GUN SHOWS????? WHO-da thunk it??
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That line is not reserved for gun shows.

Heart-breaking and true!
Haven't been to a decent gun show in California since the 1980's. 90's weren't bad especially for ammo deals. Can't remember the number of 5gal buckets of ammo I carried out of them. The internet has all but made them irrelevant in this century in this State at least.

What was the going price for .22lr?
© 24hourcampfire