Home
Posted By: SCGunNut Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
I don't know if any of you have seen the Elizabeth Smart documentary, but a stronger young woman has never walked this Earth. Tonight I watched a Q&A show with just her and Drew Pinsky. I am just in awe of how she has not let those horrifying 9 months ruin her life. She speaks so matter-of-factly about her ordeal and has a strength and grace that are just amazing. Those animals that tortured her should have been publicly executed.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Didn't have the stomach to watch it, but caught some of the commercials. Good for her for keeping going.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
I got it on DVR... Damm glad to see u thinks she's tough !
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
I greatly admire her for the way that she has not let her ordeal ruin her life. I believe that many who undergo such terrible ordeals would be able to deal with them much better if they were not told by society that they should let it affect them so greatly.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I greatly admire her for the way that she has not let her ordeal ruin her life. I believe that many who undergo such terrible ordeals would be able to deal with them much better if they were not told by society that they should let it affect them so greatly.

Excellent point!
Posted By: 700LH Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Bad enough that it happened, I sure as hell don't want to watch it on TV.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
A lot of people enjoy the victim role, apparently she isn't one of them. A solid childhood/parents help greatly.

Plus, it was what like 15 years ago that she was kidnapped? If someone ain't over something after 15 years, fugg'em
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Who is Elizabeth Smart and what happened to her?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Google.

She is indeed a strong woman.
Posted By: NYH1 Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
My wife and I watched the two part story that was on about her last week. Didn't know there was a Q&A show on. Have to see if it'll be on again.

She was definitely a strong teenage girl that grew into a strong woman. I'm glad to see she's doing well and is raising a family of her own.

NYH1.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
She was also able to find a good husband (at least from what I've read). Many men wouldn't touch a woman who'd been used like that.
Posted By: A567 Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Now that is about the Dumbest thing I Have ever heard...
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Rock Chuck is right, though. Many men wouldn't. Some because she's somehow "dirtied" goods - which is a repulsive view. Others because they'd be afraid she'd too deeply scarred to ever have a normal love life - which is unfortunately true for many rape victims.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/21/17
Originally Posted by A567
Now that is about the Dumbest thing I Have ever heard...

Let's say that when you were a kid an authority figure, for lack of a better word, would force feed you cake until you were violently ill, if you refused to eat it you would be beaten and chained to a tree until you ate all of the cake and that this went on every day for almost a year. Cakes a wonderful thing and really fun to eat, but its probably safe to say you would have a severe aversion to even seeing cake later on much less to actually eating it.

She's obviously a very strong woman, but no matter how well put together she appears mentally you can't tell me that there wasn't some very significant hurdles that she and her husband had to overcome to have a normal romantic life.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Indeed. It would take a very strong man to hug her and say, "I understand. I love you anyway."

Her story was "local news" here. The mutant who kidnapped her, and his female assistant, ought to be violently killed. At least one of them was declared incompetent, however. To spend the the rest of their lives in a cushy mental health ward.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Indeed. It would take a very strong man to hug her and say, "I understand. I love you anyway."

Her story was "local news" here. The mutant who kidnapped her, and his female assistant, ought to be violently killed. At least one of them was declared incompetent, however. To spend the the rest of their lives in a cushy mental health ward.

Hell ain't hot enough for rapists.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Plus, it was what like 15 years ago that she was kidnapped? If someone ain't over something after 15 years, fugg'em

Really? Would you EVER "get over" being raped on a daily basis for 9 solid months, in the wilderness, by a smelly, hairy, disgusting sub-human piece of sh*t who thinks he is the Messiah and threatens to kill you and your entire family while he's doing it? Would YOU be over it if it was you or your daughter? Really?
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Her Dad needs to put a price on his head and have him killed while in prison. I'm afraid I could hurt that dude and sleep like a baby that night. Fn pos.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Like Marcellus Wallace said in pulp fiction " couple hard, pipe hittin [bleep] go to work on him with a pair of pliers and a blow torch*
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Anyone ever see the movie "The Star Chamber"? Our society desperately needs a Star Chamber in many locales these days.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
I can't believe she didn't get pregnant during all of that. Did he have her on pills or abort her or anything? Or maybe he'd been snipped (snipped with a meat cleaver would have been appropriate).
Posted By: Bocefish Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
A lot of people enjoy the victim role, apparently she isn't one of them. A solid childhood/parents help greatly.

By that logic, let's see how many vets will be fugged?

You probably voted for Obama if that's how you think.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
An incredibly strong woman. I wish her nothing but the best.
Posted By: Squirrelnut Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17

One of the dumbest things I've ever read on on here. Typical idiotic post from 24 Hour's resident tough guy troll who is scared of his own shadow and hides behind his keyboard while spewing macho bullschitt.

Phug a rape victim, eh Steelhead? You ever been raped you azzhole? Still waiting for you to respond to my request to come see me or respond back with your personal info (I sent you mine) so I can look you up you blowhard POS. You're nothing but a gutless cockksucker with a big mouth who hides behind a keyboard on the internet.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
A l .

Most utterly reprehensible comment I have ever read on this board. Steelhead, were you born an azzhole or did you study for it? Shameful and disgusting.
Posted By: Partagas Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Makes me wonder if the same thing would be said of vets suffering from PTSD?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by jnyork
A l .

Most utterly reprehensible comment I have ever read on this board. Steelhead, were you born an azzhole or did you study for it? Shameful and disgusting.

Why is anyone surprised by anything he posts? He's a troll.
Posted By: Partagas Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Under the Banner of Heaven

I read this book written by Jon Krakauer several years ago. He parallels the story of Elizabeth Smart along with the history of the mormon church and specifically follows the fundamentalist mormons and polygamy. Very interesting book. It changed my outlook on polygamy from should be allowed under religious freedom to seeing why it shouldn't be allowed in cases of underage and arranged marriages between family members, etc.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by Partagas
Under the Banner of Heaven

I read this book written by Jon Krakauer several years ago. He parallels the story of Elizabeth Smart along with the history of the mormon church and specifically follows the fundamentalist mormons and polygamy. Very interesting book. It changed my outlook on polygamy from should be allowed under religious freedom to seeing why it shouldn't be allowed in cases of underage and arranged marriages between family members, etc.

That's a very good book. However, sickening in some ways, also.
Posted By: Squirrelnut Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
A l .

I guess after 80,000+ posts (99% are of no value and intended only to draw attention to himself which he seems to crave) everyone here is used to the stupid schitt the resident troll posts on a daily basis but I thought his posting that about a little 14 year old girl who was kidnapped, held hostage for months, and raped daily was about the worst thing I have ever seen anyone post here or elsewhere. He should be ashamed of himself but he's too stupid and desires attention too much to know shame. What a loser.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Well.... you are talking about Steelhead, He would have to look up to see the bottom of a whale turd.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17

yes..........that young lady is one tough cookie...........

[video:youtube]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...411F8C3BCE1F1836B772411F8C&FORM=VIRE[/video]
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Her Dad needs to put a price on his head and have him killed while in prison. I'm afraid I could hurt that dude and sleep like a baby that night. Fn pos.

I'd spend every nickel I had to see that the Crips or the bikers or whomever sodomized him daily while incarcerated. Oh and beat his azz too, he likes it rough.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17

From a guy who is obviously still not over being born with a tiny cock.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17

ditto
Posted By: MNDan Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPxRqoXeXQ&list=RDUzPxRqoXeXQ&t=24
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

ditto
15 years ago in UT, a freaky guy and his wife broke into a house at night and kidnapped a 14 year old girl to be his 2d wife. They kept her chained for much of the next 9 months and he raped her almost daily, threatening to kill her family if she didn't cooperate. When they went to town, he kept both women veiled so the girl wouldn't be recognized. She finally managed to escape and the couple was caught. I don't recall the details of her escape and/or rescue. He got life and the woman got something like 10 years for being his accomplice.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by heavywalker

You didn't hear that from your wife, nor your sister [bleep] brother. Sweet Jesus, you boys are ate up with the inbred.

I hope to God Freddie keeps you away from his kid, you pervert.
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Well.... you are talking about Steelhead, He would have to look up to see the bottom of a whale turd.

You ain't dead yet old man? Thankfully your wife knows to call me when you kick. Thinking it will not be long
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
A l .

I guess after 80,000+ posts (99% are of no value and intended only to draw attention to himself which he seems to crave) everyone here is used to the stupid schitt the resident troll posts on a daily basis but I thought his posting that about a little 14 year old girl who was kidnapped, held hostage for months, and raped daily was about the worst thing I have ever seen anyone post here or elsewhere. He should be ashamed of himself but he's too stupid and desires attention too much to know shame. What a loser.

So in short, you can Heavywalker just finished doing a circle jerk on Kik to Fred's kid and now you're feeling frisky. Go suck start a Glock you piece of shiet
A l .

So you and Fireball agree with being a victim for life? That makes sense, Firenuts IS a victim and you are living at poverty level.
Originally Posted by Bocefish

By that logic, let's see how many vets will be fugged?

You probably voted for Obama if that's how you think.

Sweet Jesus, how many of you are protects of siblings [bleep]? One can either be a victim or they can not. Obviously, as I stated, she is not. It was a compliment to the woman for not letting it define her, which it hasn't. She came out ahead and is prospering. Bad shiet happens to people all the time, it's what we do with it that matters.

She ISN'T a victim, apparently many of you think she should be. You know, like blacks pissed about slavery 175 years ago.

Seems you are with the victim mentality and think it should be otherwise. Your post SMACKS of LIBERAL cocksucking. Does your wife know?

Does ANYONE around here know how to comprehend the written word? My God the bunch of you are some stupid Mother [bleep].
Originally Posted by SCGunNut

Really? Would you EVER "get over" being raped on a daily basis for 9 solid months, in the wilderness, by a smelly, hairy, disgusting sub-human piece of sh*t who thinks he is the Messiah and threatens to kill you and your entire family while he's doing it? Would YOU be over it if it was you or your daughter? Really?

You can either be a victim or not, your choice.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Figures, Manson is dead, and Steelhead sees a career opportunity......
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Where but the 'fire could we have such a wonderful kick-off to the season of "Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men"?
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by SCGunNut

You can either be a victim or not, your choice.

Well dorf she was a victim and no amount of time changes that. It's your unsympathetic comment that betrayed what a pos you are.

It is a shame the damage done to her. Hopefully she can stay strong.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/23/17

You didn't hear that from your wife, nor your sister [bleep] brother. Sweet Jesus, you boys are ate up with the inbred.

Of course I didn’t here it from them, I heard it from your wife.

Your fetish with raping little kids is weird even for a slack jawed phuqck like you. It’s no wonder you couldn’t keep that bus driving gig little too sweet on the kiddos? Jesus your are one stupid mother phuqcker.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/26/17

Of course I didn’t here it from them, I heard it from your wife.

Your fetish with raping little kids is weird even for a slack jawed phuqck like you. It’s no wonder you couldn’t keep that bus driving gig little too sweet on the kiddos? Jesus your are one stupid mother phuqcker.

I'm sorry you grew up in a home that considered incest NORMAL, but considering your fuc*ked up brother, it ain't surprising. Go blow yourself, it's as close to a stranger doing it as you will get.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/26/17
People are confusing two entirely different issues.

Someone being a perpetual victim, has little to do with what one experiences in their life and entirely on how someone is raised. There are plenty of "victims" in every step of the socio-economic ladder.

Being emotionally scarred from a traumatic event or events is common and anyone who has been sexually molested that manages to grow into a reasonably well adjusted adult my hat is off to them. Those that are unable to form normal healthy relationships, there is no shame in that.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/26/17
Originally Posted by Dutch
Figures, Manson is dead, and Steelhead sees a career opportunity......

Sweet, another dumbf*ck. Sweet Jesus, did your dad fuc*k Heavywalker's mom/sister?
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/26/17
Steelhead, I was neutral towards you until this thread. Your tasteless, rude, crude, reprehensible, and utterly disgusting posts here have earned you an IGNORE. Bye.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Elizabeth Smart - 11/27/17
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
People are confusing two entirely different issues.

Someone being a perpetual victim, has little to do with what one experiences in their life and entirely on how someone is raised. There are plenty of "victims" in every step of the socio-economic ladder.

Being emotionally scarred from a traumatic event or events is common and anyone who has been sexually molested that manages to grow into a reasonably well adjusted adult my hat is off to them. Those that are unable to form normal healthy relationships, there is no shame in that.

Very well said.
© 24hourcampfire