Home
Looks like our's is going Tango Uniform. There was a thread on here not too long ago on dishwashers, I think. Can anyone find it?

I'm thinking Kitchen Aid or Bosch. Kenmore is out. That's what the old one is. It has been a PITA.
I've had an upper level Bosch for 3 years+ now.. I cannot complain about a single thing.. There was a recall on the power cable some time ago, and ours was replaced.. I'm sure the new ones have no such issues..

FWIW, this one has the 3rd tray, on top, for flat/shallow items like spatulas, knives, serving spoons etc... I would not want to replace it with any unit that did NOT have that 3rd tray..
Now we know who does the dishes!

wink
Here's a list of who makes what. Some might surprise you. APPLIANCE BRANDS
Many don't like Sears stuff but Kenmore is made by Whirlpool. Someone mentioned Bosch. That's by Fridgidaire.
Dont like our Kitchenaid.

Folks around here like Bosch.

Our water is hard as hell, and they took the phosphate out of the detergent. Hard to have any luck with obstacles like that.
Our Thermador has been solid, though we've only had it for 3 years. The thing is it's so quiet you have to lean your ear up to it to make sure it's running. Also the clean cycle takes forever, 2 1/2 hours.
can't here our bosch when its on. never had a nice dishwasher before so not sure about other higher end brands.
Another vote for Bosch - Got the wife the one with a separate rack for silverware. You don't even know it's running except for the lights on the front...
I just replaced the door handle (about $32 online) on our Amana after 11 years, it's been a warhorse that is run about every day. We bought it new from our local appliance store in CoeurD'alene.
We looked for one that was reasonable but with a stainless interior and uber-hot sani-cycle to kill cooties.

Can't complain at all and we recommend the brand (which shares almost all components with whirlpool, as do many) ....money well spent for us.
We had Whirlpool Gold for 14 years. We bought another one. No reason not to. Whirlpool appliances have always been rock solid for us.
We had a Bosch in our house up north, as others have said here, so quiet you didn't know it was running...ran beautifully, trouble free in the four years we had it.
Miele.
I've had two Bosch units with no trouble. Only replaced the first one recently because we remodeled the kitchen and the new one is set up for a wooden panel and came with the appliance package we bought.
I think the first one was about seven years old with no issues. Sold the old one to my contractor.
If you are looking for a quiet one, we really like the upper end GE Profile that we have up at the lake place. You don't even know that it is running. Maytag here at the house and kind of middle of the road. The Bosch was what we had at the condo and that was pretty good, but we like the GE Profile better. What ever we have in Florida sounds like a threshing machine and we won't run it if we want to talk or watch television. I had a Kenmore washer once and it walked across the basement floor, so I wouldn't be looking at Sears.
Me, I don’t mind doing dishes
The dog.
Bosch here, too. Great machine.

If you don't have one, get a good water softener setup. Nothing makes a bigger difference in getting stuff clean.
Had a Maytag for awhile. The dawg thought the Maytag Man was part of the family as he was a regular at the house. Bought an upper end Kenmore. Problems gone.
AnsonRogers: The answer to your inquiry is Bosch!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Whitebird
Miele.

This right here ⬆️⬆️
The Porsche of dishwashers.
Boshe is quiet, but we had one that crapped out after 2 years. The GE before that was louder but did a great job for 15 years. However, they don't make them like that anymore. Do a little research and you'll find that many brands are built on the same assembly line. Same guts, different name.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The dog.

That's the pre-wash... Our lab always tries to lick the door when it's open.
Our dishwasher is a KitchenAid machine. It does a fine job. I have used it most days since I bought my house in 1984; it may have been installed in 1968. I call that reliability, who knows if the newly-built ones are as tough.
We have 10 trouble free years with our ASKO. Made in Sweden I believe. Dead quiet too.
Our Bosch gave up the ghost after only 2 years. Back to Whirlpool now.

We recently bought a top-of-the line Kitchen Aid. Couldn't be more happy.

kd
Originally Posted by hanco
Me, I don’t mind doing dishes

Me two.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Here's a list of who makes what. Some might surprise you. APPLIANCE BRANDS
Many don't like Sears stuff but Kenmore is made by Whirlpool. Someone mentioned Bosch. That's by Fridgidaire.

Rock Chuck-
If I'm reading correctly the table in your cited webpage, there is a footnote #12 that indicates that the only Bosch products made by Fridgidaire are some cooking appliances. The other Bosch appliances are made by Bosch.
[Linked Image]
Consumer's Reports posted a helpful web page indicating that Bosch produces it own brand of dishwashers in the USA: American-Made Appliances (The page is from 2011.)

Here's a quote from the page: "Germany’s Bosch produces dishwashers as well as cooking and laundry appliances for its own brand and its U.S.-based Thermador subsidiary in New Bern, South Carolina and La Follette, Tennessee."

A 2016 Consumer's Report page about dishwasher reliability and frequency of repairs shows Bosch having the best record: Reliability Chart

--Bob
Bosch.... Fine home building had a big time home builder/architect/... Buy ANY dishwasher ...as long it say bosch on it .
Other than my wife ...bosch grin
Bosch, whatever you do stay away from the LG.
© 24hourcampfire