Home
Not much going on a 2AM here so I went to My Stuff and started reading some of my old post. Noticed so many names of people who no longer post here. Of course some have passed on but too may have just got tired of the name calling, arguing at the drop of a hat, personal attacks that have become common here and no longer participate. Surely do miss MAK25 and SteveNO, amongst others.
Posted By: OIDabble Re: Old post, former posters - 12/06/17
Always a few know it all's who ruin it for every body.Basement commandos.
Dabble
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Not much going on a 2AM here so I went to My Stuff and started reading some of my old post. Noticed so many names of people who no longer post here. Of course some have passed on but too may have just tired of the name calling, arguing at the drop of a hat, personal attacks that have become common here and no longer participate. Surely do miss MAK25 and SteveNO, amongst others.
Yep, lots of good posers gone due to all the bad guys here. Lee24, Maser, Safariman, Larry...the list goes on.
Mike762 is missed. Been about five years now since he's posted.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Old post, former posters - 12/06/17
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Not much going on a 2AM here so I went to My Stuff and started reading some of my old post. Noticed so many names of people who no longer post here. Of course some have passed on but too may have just tired of the name calling, arguing at the drop of a hat, personal attacks that have become common here and no longer participate. Surely do miss MAK25 and SteveNO, amongst others.
Yep, lots of good posers gone due to all the bad guys here. Lee24, Maser, Safariman, Larry...the list goes on.

Larry, the Roto-Rooted butthole is still here, under at least three handles...
Way too many keyboard commandos on here. A shame to see good folks get fed up with the BS and go away.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Old post, former posters - 12/06/17
Happens on lots of forums, but this one is one of the worst in terms of keyboard commandos.
I have read a lot of Dobers old posts. Seemed like there was always something good to learn there.

Probably a couple others I am missing.

As for the know it all commandos I don't even pay attention and move along. If people would quit feeding in to their BS and just ignore them without getting in a pissing match they would just disappear too. Now if I could just practice that with my 14 year old daughter.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Old post, former posters - 12/06/17
I don't like all the pissing matches either. Politics/government is a dirty topic. The fire is still a majority of old school guys with old school values expressing themselves with respect for the other guy. We should continue to conduct ourselves with dignity so as to attract new and younger folks that want to stay cause it is a good place to exchange knowledge and experience.

Just like any good hunting camp, there is always pranking, jabs,and harassment. It is to be expected.

Jerks come and go. Ignore them or try to teach them something.

Just remember guys that "the campfire" is only one forum of many here. Sure, there are is a lot of arguments on just about any subject, but there is more hunting related stuff in the rest of the forums and less controversy.

Not preaching, just trying to justify why we are still here.
The great thing here, it's not moderated.

The bad thing here, .............
Yeah Dober and Safariman were two I always thought highly of.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Old post, former posters - 12/07/17
Originally Posted by magshooter1

You are a safariman fan?
What i don't understand is this:If these folks bother you so much WHY in the world would you not put them on ignore?

If not that just don't read their posts.
It's not that hard to self moderate. confused
Posted By: SKane Re: Old post, former posters - 12/07/17

Dober I completely understand but Safariman? WTF, over?
Originally Posted by irfubar

You are a safariman fan?
What's not to like? Cool ride, ultra high powered guns and reloads, financial genius and hot wife.
Originally Posted by SKane

Great singer. Get the quartet cd and you'll be hooked. You'll throw away all your Beyonce' and M&M stuff.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Old post, former posters - 12/07/17

Great singer. Get the quartet cd and you'll be hooked. You'll throw away all your Beyonce' and M&M stuff.

That album totally made my wife gush with spirituality.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Old post, former posters - 12/07/17

Whatever you do, don't let your wife hear Mark sing...........she'll think he was sent by God himself to serenade her.
Posted By: hatari Re: Old post, former posters - 12/07/17
One thing that has changed is that there are less members posting to drive conversation, but an ass load that sit on their virtual Grassy Knoll and take pot shots at the passers by rather than to add any thing of interest to discuss.
There’s certainly guys that left or post very little and I can understand why but there’s still a ton of great men here. They aren’t the squeaky wheel that the bigmouths are but they’re here and that’s why I stay.

When the lying thief (SM) was still here, and would post one of his woe-is-me scams, there were always some posters that would send prayers.

Seemingly not knowing the truth.
Well crap! shocked blush Looks like I confused Safariman with luv2safari. crazy I'll never live this down. eek
Posted By: g5m Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17
Well crap! shocked blush Looks like I confused Safariman with luv2safari. crazy I'll never live this down. eek

TAG!
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17

Just give back the bipod, and we'll call it even.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17
Not much going on a 2AM here so I went to My Stuff and started reading some of my old post. Noticed so many names of people who no longer post here. Of course some have passed on but too may have just got tired of the name calling, arguing at the drop of a hat, personal attacks that have become common here and no longer participate. Surely do miss MAK25 and SteveNO, amongst others.

I don't recall MAK25 but always did like SteveNO. Also miss seeing 'Dober', Komrade Les, Isaac, and others.
Posted By: kingston Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17

Luv2 is still here!
Posted By: add Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17

You really think posters got butt hurt and left because of the likes of Safariman and Larry Root?

Keep looking over your shoulder. I'll get even...

mad

laugh wink

A Very Merry Christmas to you, Mag...

lmao! feel like you caught your johnson in your zipper heh?
Posted By: SKane Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17

laugh laugh

I think things are much more sociable now than before.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Yeah...Well...

[Linked Image]

Oh, you mean they're two different guys?
OK "Safariman"
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

lmao! feel like you caught your johnson in your zipper heh?
"How did the beans get above the frank ?"

"Beans and Franks! Beans and Franks!"

Posted By: gunner500 Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17
We just had a silent coup during the campaign and election of Trump and damn near lost our country forever, hell yes men [the ones with a fu-kin brain] are gonna be high strung, the touchy, feely, friend, morning neighbor mr rogers BFS never got a damn thing done in war.

Plus, it's never been bad/wrong to call BS, BS! some here will get along just fine with the old ladies leaning on the fence gossiping, they're just like 'em.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Old post, former posters - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Yeah...Well...

[Linked Image]

grin laugh
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Keep looking over your shoulder. I'll get even...

mad

laugh wink

A Very Merry Christmas to you, Mag...

My apologies L2S.

And a very merry Christmas to you too.
Originally Posted by g5m

TAG!

Now that's mean!..........but funny........

Oh, you mean they're two different guys?

Now that's really mean........
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Old post, former posters - 12/18/17
Remember Swampman 700? He was a piece of work.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Old post, former posters - 12/18/17
I would like to know how Winnie made out with the USAF.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Old post, former posters - 12/18/17
I, too, miss the posts by SteveNO.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Old post, former posters - 12/18/17
I miss Ghostinthemachine , he was a sharp cookie , knew a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff .
© 24hourcampfire