Home

Georgia linebacker to Mayfield: ‘Humble Yourself’

Oklahoman
January 2, 2018 8:25 PM

As Baker Mayfield made his way around the field at the Rose Bowl in the wake of OU's 54-48 loss, hugging his teammates and congratulating a couple Georgia players, one Bulldog had a message for him.

“Humble yourself,” linebacker David Bellamy shouted at the quarterback. “Humble yourself.”

The exchange was caught on video, and later, Bellamy was asked about it.

"All I'm saying is humble yourself,” Bellamy told ESPN's Arash Markazi. “All the flamboyancy ... I carry myself the same way, but humble yourself, man. ... Our wide receivers came back and told us that they were running their routes before we went out there and he was on their line. Just humble yourself, man, just humble yourself. You're not built like that."

During warm ups, Mayfield caught passes in each end zone, something he's done before every game this season. Bellamy took issue with that because some of Georgia's players were already on the field for warm ups.

And, in the first half, Mayfield appeared to make a throat slash gesture and yell “it's over” after OU went up 14-7 in the first quarter.
He would be smart to listen, there are some bad boys in the NFL

Mayfield seems to be a doosh.
He'll probably be competing against Johnny Manziel for the Grey Cup in a few years.
I have been wondering if they will broadcast the game Monday night, since the play-by-play and color men will not have Mayfield to gush over. miles
Jesus you post a lot of stuff (always negative) about the Sooners. Did one of those guys steal your lunch money as a kid or something?

I guess that's what you do when your own team is relegated to playing in the "Camping World" bowl?.....
Originally Posted by milespatton
I have been wondering if they will broadcast the game Monday night, since the play-by-play and color men will not have Mayfield to gush over. miles

Of course it will be broadcast.

Announcers will just spit before the game!
Originally Posted by hanco

Originally Posted by ironbender

Originally Posted by Steelhead
He'll probably be competing against Johnny Manziel for the Grey Cup in a few years.

What they said.

NYH1.
Was there with the family. Proud as can be of my Dawgs. Gosh it looked over several times for us....kept chopping wood, Hell of a game on both team’s part. Congrats to OU for making the dance. Not looking forward to Bammer next week.

That B2 flyover was not suitable for folks with bladder control issues. He came in lower than customary and it appeared that he gunned it about halfway across the stadium. It flew over from the AFB in Missouri that handles all the nast nasty weaponry. They can reach any point on the globe with that bomber from that AFB. Folks got their drawers blown off.
I would have just as soon seen OK win, but GA showed what they are made of............Fromm played a great game, especially for a true freshman while Mayfield was pretty average & both him & the team badly hampered by the plays being called by the bench late in the game & OT.

I'd love to see the Dawgs bury the Tide & I think they have the tools to do it too.

MM
Originally Posted by NYH1
Originally Posted by hanco

Originally Posted by ironbender

Originally Posted by Steelhead

What they said.

NYH1.

I think the asszwhole has more going for him than Manziel.

Though not as humble or nice or likeable, he has confidence and capability, like

I would like to see the dawgs take it, but Bama has a real defense.
Originally Posted by iddave
Jesus you post a lot of stuff (always negative) about the Sooners. Did one of those guys steal your lunch money as a kid or something?

I guess that's what you do when your own team is relegated to playing in the "Camping World" bowl?.....

And where exactly playing in the "Rose Bowl" get the Sooners other than a good spanking?

Its easy to post negatives about the Sooners when they suit up thugs and rapists every Saturday.

Dave, this article was in the Daily Oklahoman, a sooner lovin' rag if I have ever seen one. I grew up a sooner fan beginning back in the Bud Wilkinson era through 1971, Joe Don Looney, Bobby Womack, Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt. Actually, as a graduate of Oklahoma State, I have alot in common with OU fans just like you . . . neither one of us have ever stepped foot in a classroom in Norman. grin
Justin Hicks · Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
He got humbled...
Like · Reply · 3 · Jan 2, 2018 7:28pm

Debbie Sue
Right! He finished his career as one of the top cfb players ever! And because once again our defense did not make plays Baker is the humbled one? And because a little nobody lb wants his 10 minutes of fame rather than be humble himself? Lol you are all toooo funny
Like · Reply · 4 · 22 hrs

Justin Hicks · Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Debbie Sue
Who's playing for a national championship?
Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Steve Tyler
Well a little humility is always good for the soul but as far as that LB goes maybe he’s should practice what he preaches because you might be next
Like · Reply · 2 · 22 hrs

Lyle Hamilton · Volunteer Probie at Retired
Yeah, he had two tackles in a full game and two overtimes! Might as well have stayed on the bench. That would be humbling.
Like · Reply · 3 · 12 hrs · Edited

Russ Kevin · Taco Shell Bender at Taco Palenque
Arash Markazi needs to educate himself with the English language and learn to speak in clear and concise sentences. That way people may have a better idea what his mumbles are intended to say.
Like · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs · Edited

Danny Carter
Russ, that's pretty funny that you're slamming Arash for his English language when you can't even spell correctly yourself. Typical sooner fan. There's this site called Google that will help you spell things correctly before you admonish someone else for their poor English.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Russ Kevin · Taco Shell Bender at Taco Palenque
Danny Carter I don't know what you are talking about.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Danny Carter
Russ Kevin , Of course you don't. It's "mumbles", not "mumbels" (like you misspelled it).
Like · Reply · 12 hrs
Show 2 more replies in this thread

Jeff Jacobs · Southwestern Oklahoma State University
The offence put forty eight points on that defence. Baker doesnt need to hear any BS from anyone.
Like · Reply · 3 · 13 hrs · Edited

Sam Snyder
Mayfield is a classless sportsman. He's the perfect embodiment of what OU football stands for rolled up into one person. He seemed awfully quiet after the game when he was crying like a little baby.
Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Jeff Jacobs · Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Your are classless. You are pretty much the definition of classless in one post
Like · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs

Danny Carter
That's funny and very true, yet the ou fans wouldn't care if Mayfield was the devil incarnate as long as he won games for the swooners. Mayfield is a jerk and will soon be humbled by 300 lb linemen and lightening fast LBs that will stomp his act into the NFL turf. A "humbling" is coming and it will be enlightening for Baker Mayfield.
Like · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs

Sam Snyder
To his credit, Mayfield never pummeled a female and had the university stage a massive coverup for him until his eligibility was almost over. So he has that going for him.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Danny Carter
Sam Snyder , Like Mixon? LOL. So that qualifies Mayfield for some special sooner citizen award, right?!

Chuck Davis · University of Oklahoma
I doubt Mr. Two Tackles is the best one to be giving anyone advice

Phil Harris · Oklahoma State University
Although I bleed orange I will always pull for the Sooners in bowl games and the CFP. That said, I had a hard time this year because of Baker. The guy is hard to like unless you are a Sooner fan. I'm sure I'll get blasted by the Sooner faithful but it's the truth. He may be a great guy but he just comes off as a jerk.

Chill Will · Washington, District of Columbia
If you got what you claim is a top ranked defense and you allowed 38 points and 500 yards of offense, you need to be showing people how to humble yourself instead of giving directions.
Like · Reply · 3 · 12 hrs
Originally Posted by jk16

And where exactly playing in the "Rose Bowl" get the Sooners other than a good spanking?

Its easy to post negatives about the Sooners when they suit up thugs and rapists every Saturday.

Hahahah....you think losing in OT on a neutral site against the #2 team in the country is a spanking. Those are some keen analytical skills. While your regaling us with your wisdom, care to identify the "rapist" that was suited up during the game?

Also, no need to quote Rose Bowl...its a game even the most uneducated fan is aware of....unlike the "Camping World" bowl. See what I did there?
I feel bad for Mayfield. He'll probably get drafted by the Browns and end up 0-17 in 2018. grin

NYH1.
I feel bad for Mayfield. He'll probably get drafted by the Browns and end up 0-17 in 2018. grin

NYH1.

Humbling?
Originally Posted by mathman

NYH1.

Humbling?

Or tumbling....

NYH1.
There have been a few exceptions, but to it seems like the less effective players with over-sized ego needs tend to do the most trash talking - and most want to get into the faces of those who are the better performers. OU, GU, AL, AU - the team/school has very little to do with the syndrome. As for the person bashing, mediocre minds tend to focus on such things as "personality". That would include the U as a personality.
The Sooners made it to the number two game in the country. They barely lost to the second best team in the country. Mayfield is the best player in college football. He won the Heisman. He may fail in the NFL or he may go on to be the best QB ever to play the game. Either way on the latter, he's achieved way more than most ever will in the children's game of football.
This
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The Sooners made it to the number two game in the country. They barely lost to the second best team in the country. Mayfield is the best player in college football. He won the Heisman. He may fail in the NFL or he may go on to be the best QB ever to play the game. Either way on the latter, he's achieved way more than most ever will in the children's game of football.

++
Originally Posted by mathman

NYH1.

Humbling?

Or tumbling....

NYH1.

Crumbling.

His attitude and actions are a scripted marketing plan, established by his handlers and given the stamp of approval by the NFL.
Get the low draft number, big contract, big hype, and then help boost ticket sales in that market where you get dropped. Heisman only added fuel to the fire.

So what. He still showed that he can dish it out but can't take it. When he wins he makes it a point to show up the other teams/players in an @$$hole fashion. When he loses he....well....he cry's. cry

NYH1.
Look up the news story about Mayfield’s drunk and disorderly arrest in Fayetteville last March.
© 24hourcampfire