Home
Posted By: RipSnort Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
What's the best donut shop in your neck of the woods? Can you get 'em hot?

Thanks, RS
Posted By: blanket Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
diabetic haven't been able to enjoy for 6 years but loved the hot glazed from the mom and pop bakery we had in town
Originally Posted by RipSnort

Thanks, RS

Publix is where I get mine. They are excellent.

I buy one doughnut a week in there. It's my one indulgence when it comes to sweets.
Posted By: crshelton Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
I quit eating them years ago when I became aware of the damage that refined sugar does to human organs ' plus the carbs in the dough turn to sugar when digested. YUK
Posted By: slumlord Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Little GOOK place called "shipleys"

just dont order the long-johns....they smell like the main Mamasan's knockoff chanel #9

eek
Donut Time in Lafayette, Tennessee. Best damned donuts on the planet!
Originally Posted by crshelton
I quit eating them years ago when I became aware of the damage that refined sugar does to human organs ' plus the carbs in the dough turn to sugar when digested. YUK

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine.
We had a Crispy Cream for a few years, they closed.

Several places make good doughnuts, the IGA is probably best.
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
I see somebody from Texas says "YUK" to donuts. Too bad, Round Rock Donuts in Round Rock, Texas are some of the best (maybe THE best) donuts available on Earth. They are worth the damage.

RS
The local bakery on Main Street in our town has a highly-guarded donut recipe that has been passed down through the bakery for decades.

They are big, delicious, and I'm sure really bad for your health. They make a limited number every morning available at 6am. Crazy good!
Posted By: viking Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Yep, I would second Round Rock donuts.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Rodeo Grocery, in the booming metropolis of Rodeo, New Mexico!
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Still like Krispy Kreme is still the best locally. There are some independent shops that are OK. But not as good.

Technically you are correct, sugar and white flour in enough quantity will eventually kill you. But in moderation anything is OK too.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Amy's donuts here in Colorado Springs, Every other place that sells donuts around here is a distant second...
Posted By: hanco Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Shipley’s around here. Krispy Kreme was here for a little while. Couldn’t compete with Shipley’s I guess.

I love them, but they give me heartburn to the fifth power!!!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
I don't go for most donuts, but the apple fritters at the nearest Safeway are quite good - 75 miles.
Posted By: RLA Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Fultondale Bakery, couple of older ladies own it, they will melt in you mouth.
Daylite Doughnuts, Krispy Kreme and Shipleys.
Posted By: blanket Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Originally Posted by JMR40
Still like Krispy Kreme is still the best locally. There are some independent shops that are OK. But not as good.

Technically you are correct, sugar and white flour in enough quantity will eventually kill you. But in moderation anything is OK too. In Georgia I would go for the sausage biscuit with jelly, not the donut
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Duck Donuts.....made as you wait....just like you want them......darn.....too late tonight but tomorrow.....oh YEAH!
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Bashas Grocery store near Walmart, once the the baker learns to cook at altitude. You can always tell when they get a new baker, takes them a week or two to get it under control.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Any local shop owned by Cambodians. Fack all them trendy fancy shmancy places.

Give me a good old fashion chocolate or apple fritter over Krispy Krap.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
What a donut shop should look like.

Capitol Donuts has been my go to spot since I was in college in the mid 80’s. Still owned by the same Cambodian family that escaped the Killing Fields came to this country worked hard and now all his kids are college educated. I know the owner. My wife and I used to meet there when we were first dating.

A real Legal Immigrant that did good and now his kids are probably libtards. LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
I cannot remember the last time I had one. Apple fritters and maple bars were my favorite as a kid. There is a mom and pop shop in town here that has been there for years and I suspect for good reason.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Originally Posted by slumlord

just dont order the long-johns....they smell like the main Mamasan's knockoff chanel #9

eek

Shipleys makes the best donuts in the world. They melt in your mouth.
Originally Posted by hanco
Shipley’s around here. Krispy Kreme was here for a little while. Couldn’t compete with Shipley’s I guess.

I love them, but they give me heartburn to the fifth power!!!

This^^^. Krispy Kreme is not in the same league as Shipleys.
Posted By: EdM Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
When I worked in Odessa there was a place, Southern-Maid Donut Shop, that also made killer doughnuts. When still warm they were hard to beat.
Best doghnuts within 75 miles of Boise are at the in store Bakery in the M&W Market in Nyssa Or. And it just so happens that I spend forty to seventy hours a week just a mile from said ambrosia.

And yes, they are made fresh daily, and can be grabbed hot from the rack.

Apple fritters maple bars, raised doughnuts, buttermilk bars, german chocolate bars, raspberry jelly filled doughnuts, cream filled bismarks, and the most delicate croissants with just a hint of lemon in the frosting.

Oh My!
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Hot Shipley's donuts are indeed a transcendent experience.

RS
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
[quote=JMR40Technically you are correct, sugar and white flour in enough quantity will eventually kill you. But in moderation anything is OK too.[/quote]

Right, but what's moderation for you might be excess for me. Or vice versa.
Posted By: savage24 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Terre Haute, Indiana
http://www.squaredonuts.com/Square-Donuts-Terre-Haute.html

Kansas City, Missouri
LaMars Donuts
http://www.lamars.com
Geeze...I dont know.

The grocery store in the big town to the west has some doughnuts for sale.

They are the real dense type. I dont know if they are fried or not. Maybe baked.

They are sure good though. Just plain. Sometimes they have them with a little table sugar and cinnamon on them too. Those are really good too.

More of a dunker I guess.

They had some that were made with sour cream. I thought they would be terrible but I was wrong. I think those were fried.

Otherwise, Mom makes good doughnuts. She only makes them once a year though.
Donut Mill here in Woodland Park. One donut is as big as a child's head.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
I don’t care where you live. Donuts Delite in Rochester, NY is the best donut shop near you. Their cannoli cream filled donut is insane.

http://ddelite.com

[Linked Image]
Typically I would rather eat a regular bagel with nothing on it instead of a doughnut.
Krispy Kreme, especially when the HOT light is on. Very infrequently though....
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Best doghnuts within 75 miles of Boise are at the in store Bakery in the M&W Market in Nyssa Or. And it just so happens that I spend forty to seventy hours a week just a mile from said ambrosia.

And yes, they are made fresh daily, and can be grabbed hot from the rack.

Apple fritters maple bars, raised doughnuts, buttermilk bars, german chocolate bars, raspberry jelly filled doughnuts, cream filled bismarks, and the most delicate croissants with just a hint of lemon in the frosting.

Oh My!

Dayom. A pox on you. How could you do that to US! frown wink
Posted By: KFWA Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Hurts Donuts in Frisco, TX
Sugar Rush Donuts in Mobile, AL
Holtmans Donuts in Loveland, OH
Posted By: Odessa Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
The Wilson Donut Shop in Wilson NC - best I've ever had. Britt's at Carolina Beach NC is a close second (but seasonal).
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
we had dunken, Krispy Kreme and Shipleys. non lasted the local places that were here before them are still going strong.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Sandy's Donuts here. They have been here for years and run Krispy Kreme and Dunkin out of business. Tim Hortons is giving it a try now, we'll see.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Has anyone suggested following a police car until they take their break?
Posted By: Cretch Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
We have a local chain called Rise'n Roll that makes a Cinnamon Caramel donut that is wonderful. Unfortunately they are off my diet now due to recent bypass surgery frown
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/23/18
Southern Maid
Posted By: Owl Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
The "Free" one's at work every Friday !
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
http://spaldingsbakery.com/
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
http://spaldingsbakery.com/menu
Posted By: Porsche73 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
Rip is right. Round Rock donuts are the best I have ever eaten. The best part is they are only 4 miles away. Porsche73
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
Daylight Donuts. Independently owned stores using the home offices mixes. Think they are a regional thing, centered around Tulsa. I’ll eat about any donut offered, but prefer Daylight.
Cake or Yeast donut?

Never knew there was a difference, but apparently I like the cake type donut.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
WOOOO, too sweet for me, I'd be awake for a damn week if i ate a donut. sick
Posted By: satx78247 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
Around The Alamo City the HEB grocery stores (of all places) that HAVE their own bakeries (many don't) have GREAT yeast/glazed/cake/buttermilk donuts.

yours, tex
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Krispy Kreme, especially when the HOT light is on. Very infrequently though....

I have to go with this one. I also try not to do it very often. Tons of sugar on those. Doesn't work well with my diabetes.
I would just as soon eat a plain bagel than a donut.

But they do make good camping or emergency rations.
Posted By: immature Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
Ralph's Donuts in Cookeville, TN. I haven't been there in a while now, but the last time I was there they tasted just like they did in 1967, so I would assume they're still just as good.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/24/18
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Thanks, RS

Publix is where I get mine. They are excellent.

I buy one doughnut a week in there. It's my one indulgence when it comes to sweets.

ditto on publix
Posted By: BWS Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/25/18
We had a really good place but owner quit due to age.Now it's either corporate,which is OK I guess?....or this fancy joint that caters to the more money than sense crowd,5$ donuts.And they're not "that" good.I keep threatening to figure out how to make my own?Don't think it's brain surgery.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/25/18
Donuts - Ms. Shirley's in Alexandria, KY
Cheese Pockets - Any of the Graeter's in Cincinnati Area
Apple Fritters - Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge, TN
Posted By: Mittenman Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/25/18
Cops and Doughnuts in Clare MI.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by slumlord

eek

Shipleys makes the best donuts in the world. They melt in your mouth.

I discovered Shipleys my first semester at TAMU in College Station, TX. I believe that was the home of their first Donut Shop.
They are hard to beat! Wish we had one here.

The Koreans own all the donut shops here. Their's are pretty good, but not as good as Shipleys.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
Summit house on Pikes Peak.
Something about the altitude makes just a plain donut different (better) than normal elevation.
Posted By: victoro Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
I see somebody from Texas says "YUK" to donuts. Too bad, Round Rock Donuts in Round Rock, Texas are some of the best (maybe THE best) donuts available on Earth. They are worth the damage.

RS

My 5 Grandkids love Round Rock Donuts and would eat a dozen each if you let them. In think they're made out of some kind of cake mix and cooked in butter. When I was teenager there was a donut shop in Austin called Spudnuts that made their donuts out of potato flour. They were delicious and I ate a lot them.
Posted By: hanco Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
Krispy Kreme is opening stores in Houston again.
"The Moose is Loose" in Soldotna, Alaska. The best apple fritters in the world. When I'm there fishing the Kenai for reds, the line extends out into the parking lot. The keep a running total of the number sold during the month of July on a bulletin board.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
Originally Posted by hanco
Krispy Kreme is opening stores in Houston again.

Bleech
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18

do not eat donuts.........even if there was a place nearby.........

eat too many donuts.........

you'll be workin' on your dick do.........

your stomach will stick out further than your dick do...........

Posted By: MadMooner Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
Only eat one or two a year, but I still like the good old Dunkin' Donuts.

Lots of hipster donut shops out here. Most ain't any better or different from the grocery store.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
Classic flaw, her gut sticks out farther than her tits..
Posted By: sse Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/26/18
near or far glazed or filled i will seek them out and devour
Posted By: hanco Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 01/27/18
I could use some now!!!
RipSnort: I consider myself a doughnut connoisseur due mainly to my 29 year long law enforcement career followed by 15 more years of body guard and armed private detective work.
I mean, I've been around - having eaten doughnuts in 7 countries and nearly every American state.
And to my "palate", the wonderful, large, sweet, chewy (bordering on tough), old fashioned style doughnuts from the Dell Calf-A in Dell, Montana (population 35 - elevation 6,002') are simply THE BEST I've ever partaken of!
In addition these gourmet like wonders of the gastronomic world have a VERY thin glazing of Maple icing on them - oh, oh.... my mouth is watering just thinking about them!
Sadly these amazingly wonderful doughnuts are not available every day of the week - it seems they are made on days when "things are going well" early in the morning.
I am guessing they are available 3 to 4 days a week - and even sadder the Dell Calf-A is 41 miles south of my home which makes it hard to satisfy my cravings for them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Best Donuts Near You ??? - 02/04/18
Has anyone tasted a "cro-nut" , a cross between a donut and a croissant?

RS
© 24hourcampfire