Home
Posted By: hanco Race Card - 02/27/18
Have you ever had a minority person throw down his-her race card on you?

I have several times when I was a job foreman. When we had to layoff people, I kept the best ones. A couple non whites accused me of only keeping the white guys. I had blacks and Hispanics on my other jobs. They stood up for me, kept me out of trouble.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Yes.
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Yep............................
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
More than once.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Yes, and they're not doing themselves any favors by doing so.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Throw yours back

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Yes I have, and I told them that I didn’t know who they needed to take it up with but it sure as hell ain’t me, go tell Obama.
Posted By: GregW Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
I like bratwurst....
Posted By: GregW Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Grin...
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Working at the Post Office, I heard that almost daily the last few years I was there. Most of my time was spent in a small office, and not much went one. But, when they transferred me to a large office, with a bunch of employees, there was something going on all the time. A Black girl was bad about misdelivering packages, and when they would get on her for it, she would accuse them of being racist towards her. I told her that if she would quit delivering packages to the wrong house, no one would say anything to her. She just gave me a blank stare. I often wonder if she didn't do it, just so she could argue racism with the boss. Many Blacks are that way, just looking for an excuse to holler "racism."
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
If you go to a grocery store you can see them throwing down their race card all the time.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Not that I can remember.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Playing the race card means that they think they're special and should have priority in everything.
Posted By: shortround3 Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
I have had it when I was a foreman for 10 yrs. "You are jus takin care of all your mescan buddies" The truth is when you are a worthless fug thats the only card they have.
Lucio
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
many times in both directions
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
I try to play the race card all the time.

No one gives a schit about Eskimos though.
Posted By: hanco Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
I need a race card and a Lone Star card. You see them try to use it without you seeing it in Walmart.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

i could say the same about the poor slav's.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Hell yes,as the union shop steward,i heard it all.before i retired i had a constant parade of the "addicted and inept".one called the union hall and said i was a"nazee",for laying him off.had nothing to do with your 3 day out of 5 work week,i m sure.i was brought up on charges of using racial slurs.i ve caught them smoking crack under the compressor on the crane,sleeping,drunk,stoned on God knows what,etc.got rid of one after i watched him try to screw the actylene gauge to the oxygen bottle for 20 mins,then came over to tell me "its broke".his partner sprayed the oxygen bottle threads and gauge with wd 40,and he thought i was crazy for stopping him even after i showed him its printed ,ON THE GAGE",USE NO OIL".thank God i m retired.i could take no more.
Posted By: SKane Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Originally Posted by GregW
I like bratwurst....

laugh laugh
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
I remember a couple of mixed race students who would misbehave, and it was a sure bet that they would cry racist when facing punishment. The line was usually something like,"You are only picking on me because I'm black".
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I don't know what DNA you're packin', but it's obvious that you're a fully acclimated American.

You got a tractor collection, fer fug's sake.
Posted By: Gus Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
the so-called "race card" holds value, or it wouldn't be played. if no reason to do so. it's valueless at that point.

how does one make the race card valueless in this day and age?

merit is one thing, but skin color holds value?

if race doesn't hold value, what good is it?

the new money system is the EBT card?
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
There was a black clerk at our Post Office who always had an attitude, I never took any crap from her and her response was that she didn't know why I was mad at her for just doing her job. She liked to give me the third degree whenever I mailed a book via media mail, quoting the rules for media mail to which my reply was that I was familiar with the regulations and I didn't appreciate being accused of trying to get a cheaper rate for material that didn't qualify for media mail rates. Her response was to go crazy stamping media mail on every surface of my package where other clerks stamped the package only once. Fortunately she now works in the back and has no contact with the public, apparently her supervisor was getting complaints from customers about her attitude. The other black clerks are perfect ladies and gentlemen, never had any problems with them their attitude is always cheerful.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Originally Posted by GregW
I like bratwurst....

I used to have a Dachshund that I named Bratwurst.
Posted By: super T Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
Playing the race card is usually a last ditch effort by an unethical assh*** to avoid the consequences bad job performance and who happens to be part of a minority group.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Race Card - 02/27/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Wow, I feel smarter
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Just this morning.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
I've tried it myself in my house. I don't get very good results with it. Derisive laughter is usually the norm.
Posted By: las Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Family got no respect... at least none not earned.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
I used to try to play the mick card every now and then. But all I ever got for that was "No Irish Need Apply".

Then I had my DNA checked and it came back 61% English. Hell far,...most of the English ain't 61% English.

I don't get it. I can dance,...sing,..and once upon a time I could pick a banjo a little bit. I never needed braces and when the mood strikes I'm a fair to middlin' raconteur.

What kinda Englishman can dance, sing, has straight teeth, and can bullshit?
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Originally Posted by hanco
Wow, I feel smarter

Heck I knew we were always smarter, now I just have the proof! Lol
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
I'm short. Where can I get a Smurf card to throw down?
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I used to try to play the mick card every now and then. But all I ever got for that was "No Irish Need Apply".

Then I had my DNA checked and it came back 61% English. Hell far,...most of the English ain't 61% English.

I don't get it. I can dance,...sing,..and once upon a time I could pick a banjo a little bit. I never needed braces and when the mood strikes I'm a fair to middlin' raconteur.

What kinda Englishman can dance, sing, has straight teeth, and can bullshit?

I don't know chit about your teeth or your dancing, but you're far more than middling as a raconteur.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Yes, as a matter of routine in my line of work and it's given location.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Yup, anyone tells you their race OR religion out of the blue is a POFS looking for preferential treatment.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
Biggest race card is EO and AA
24 yrs in the army
Some mutha fuggers promoted way beyond their ability
To senior ranks, enlisted and officers alike.

I had 1SG,s and CSM,s at times that couldn't plan an assault on a
hot dog stand at Coney island if push came to shove. EO and AA quota promoted idiots..
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Race Card - 02/28/18
If you work in a gun shop, you'll get the race card thrown at you weekly. At least once a week I shoot down a potential straw sale and I'm a racist for it. Almost as often I refuse a sale because they come in smelling like they just left a weed party hosted by Snoop Dog and Willie Nelson.
© 24hourcampfire