Home
Posted By: Calhoun Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
SCOTUS reporters saying Kennedy is retiring...

Boom.

Very early reports, true or ??
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Need to get replacement confirmed before midterms. Liberal heads will explode. Hasbeen
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/anthony-kennedy-retiring-from-supreme-court.html

Anthony Kennedy retiring from Supreme Court
Published 2 Mins Ago

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy will retire from the nation's highest court, giving President Donald Trump another chance to fundamentally reshape the top of the judiciary.

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.
Posted By: hatari Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Liberal heads are exploding. Going from a moderate to hopefully a conservative
Posted By: Toddly Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ng-opening-supreme-court-seat/952716001/
Liberal heads be exploding right now...
Hopefully Ginsburg croaks when she hears the news.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
WIN!!!!!
RBG will now be embalmed like Lenin before she steps down
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by Toddly

wink
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
so..who shpuld get the nod. I say Ted Nugent..and im serious
Posted By: sharp_things Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Now if Darth Vader Ginsberg would do the same (or assume room temperature)
Posted By: broomd Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
M A G A !!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Dimmies are already figuring out how they can cock block...
Rush just said sheer panic is now setting in.
Rush just said sheer panic is now setting in.

Since Nov. 2016 is all... laugh
Okay, everybody take the day off. Go fishing, shooting, hit the gun store...

Christmas came early.
Posted By: grovey Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Hell yeah...
On the heels of these 5-4 decisions this is absolutely devastating for liberals.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

MAGA

More winning!
Posted By: RickyD Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Boom.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/27/supreme-court-justice-anthony-kennedy-to-retire.html

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy says he's retiring effective July 31. Kennedy stepping down would mark a second high-court pick for President Trump.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Posted By: DW7 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
C'moooon Ruthy!
Originally Posted by DW7
C'moooon Ruthy!

The Devil's waitin'...

Take John with you when you go.
Can somebody send Ivanka on a month long trip to the Riviera or somewhere until Trump picks the replacement?

Just saying.
Kennedy implanted alot of ruinous decisions on America. It will take dedicated SCOTUS work to over turn them, and get back to normal.
Posted By: cast10K Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Now that it's lost cause for the left, does Ginsburg just throw in the towel too?
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Curt Gowdy on DECK
Batter UP
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
OOOOOWOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool

Thank you God.

Rush just said Kennedy’s retiring this summer.
Posted By: shaman Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
[Linked Image]

Happy Dance!
Good question cast10K . . . either that or she kicks the bucket in despair.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

Boom.

Rush also said this AM that there were rumors Clarence Thomas was considering retiring. Now would be the time.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Curt Gowdy on DECK
Batter UP

Geez, he's been dead since 2006. Would like someone with a little life left in them. Maybe Trey Gowdy?
Originally Posted by shaman
[Linked Image]

Happy Dance!

Hahahaha, this^^^^. PTL.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Curt Gowdy on DECK
Batter UP

Geez, he's been dead since 2006. Would like someone with a little life left in them. Maybe Trey Gowdy?

Bwwwaaaaaaa.... I'm dyslexic lmao
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

Or she gets Scalia'd doesn't matter
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
God Bless America.

MAGA. Thank God. Now we can really shore up the SCOTUS and relegate the liberals on the court to a status of complete insignificance.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
I can't wait to see what Trump pulls off while the MSM is talking talking and talking about it. This has to be one of the best diversions to ever come along.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Trump already has a list of 25 candidates — 24 judges and Utah Sen. Mike Lee — and said he would choose a nominee from that list.

Prominent on that list are Judges Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania and William Pryor of Alabama, seriously considered for the seat eventually filled by Justice Neil Gorsuch, and Judge Brett Kavanaugh, who serves on the federal appeals court in Washington, DC.

This is going to be good.
Curt Gowdy on DECK
Batter UP

gowdy shpuld be nowhere near the SCOTUS BENCH hes been corrupeted by politics.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Need to get replacement confirmed before midterms. Liberal heads will explode. Hasbeen

("...Kennedy wants to spend more time with his family, even though they were content with him staying on the court ....)

I.e., stay away - you're a pita at home... laugh laugh
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Ted Cruz ...wanna see some heads explode?
Posted By: BobMt Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by gitem_12

joke of the day.....bob
The Left is rushing to RBG with Geritol and vitamins. I promise there will be big pressure on her to stay until her dying breath. Only hope to shase her out is for the GOP to win a few more Senate seats and make it clear that no lib is getting in anytime soon. Should the Senate power get 51-49, she'll stay until 2020 hoping the Dems can grab 2 seats then.

Clarence Thomas retiring...... I hope not yet.
Can somebody send Ivanka on a month long trip to the Riviera or somewhere until Trump picks the replacement?

Just saying.

good advise.....bob
Curt Gowdy on DECK
Batter UP

gowdy shpuld be nowhere near the SCOTUS BENCH hes been corrupeted by politics.

I agree with that. At one time I would have been onboard with him being nominated, but the last few years of his act in Washington has left me wondering if he could be trusted.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I'm good with that. How can the Senate NOT confirm him? Certainly the grilling during confirmation wouldn't bother him.

I don't like ted for prez…...supreme court, would be a good fit...….bob
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/27/supreme-court-justice-anthony-kennedy-to-retire.html
Originally Posted by BobMt

joke of the day.....bob

i wanst joking it doesnt take a lawyer to read the constiturion. marbury needs to be repealed asap. and if nugent were placed liberals would commit mass suicide
Posted By: Remsen Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Trump should wait until after the midterms and then nominate Ted Cruz (after he wins re-election). I know it will never happen, but Cruz is much more valuable as a lifetime Supreme Court Justice than he is as a Senator up for re-election every 6 years.
we absoluteky do not need a sitting or former congress critter on the Scotus bench. they are all infected with politics

infact i beleiev evwry congressperson and senator should be limited to 3 terms and upon completion of that third term they shpuld immediately be executed
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

joke of the day.....bob

+1
Supreme Court Justice Don Willett??

joke of the day.....bob

i wanst joking it doesnt take a lawyer to read the constiturion. marbury needs to be repealed asap. and if nugent were placed liberals would commit mass suicide

YGBFKM

Nugent is not even close to qualified. Thinking deep understanding of law is not needed is beyond absurd.
Originally Posted by Remsen
Trump should wait until after the midterms and then nominate Ted Cruz (after he wins re-election). I know it will never happen, but Cruz is much more valuable as a lifetime Supreme Court Justice than he is as a Senator up for re-election every 6 years.

Cruz has not shown much in quite some time and has shown some purely idiot moves.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
This is huge, he's got at least 2 years left and office and Breyer and Ginsburg are both over 80 so we could well see a SC going forward that will have 4 Trump appointees. Add in Thomas and Alito both havng another 10 -15 years to serve and we'll have a pretty solid conservative majority.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Tears in my eyes! MAGA
Posted By: SwampCritter Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
MAGA
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

joke of the day.....bob

YGBFKM

Nugent is not even close to qualified. Thinking deep understanding of law is not needed is beyond absurd.

and that "deep understanding of law" is 90 percent of this countrys problems our founders wrote the constituion so that it was easily understood by laymen. the worthless lawyers since have polluted our justice system with technicalities that should not exist. one only has to look at a states crimes code to see evidence of that
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

Cruz has not shown much in quite some time and has shown some purely idiot moves.

I really don't think Cruz is as conservative as he tries to act. I beleive he will say and do what ever he has to to win elections, he's leaning conservative because that's the way the wind's shifting but let Texas turn democrat and he would make Bernie sound right wing.

My money is on Don Willett, has a very good track record and he's supposed to have a good relationship with John Cornyn, which would help get him through committee fast and help to keep Cornyn and some of the other RiNOs in line.
Originally Posted by Kellywk
This is huge, he's got at least 2 years left and office and Breyer and Ginsburg are both over 80 so we could well see a SC going forward that will have 4 Trump appointees. Add in Thomas and Alito both havng another 10 -15 years to serve and we'll have a pretty solid conservative majority.

this could be the beginning of really getting back on track......liberals should be happy, this could postpone the inevitable…...bob
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Was wondering what the sound like gnashing of teeth coming from the direction of Seattle Was!
Posted By: prm Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Kennedy was appointed by Reagan. I'll hold my breath until I see the record of who Trump appoints. Really can't be much worse, but who's to say it doesn't end up status quo?
Posted By: sse Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Trump should wait until after the midterms and then nominate Ted Cruz

lying ted? LOL
you don't want the next slate of senators deciding, mittens will have his fangs out

joke of the day.....bob

YGBFKM

and that "deep understanding of law" is 90 percent of this countrys problems our founders wrote the constituion so that it was easily understood by laymen. the worthless lawyers since have polluted our justice system with technicalities that should not exist. one only has to look at a states crimes code to see evidence of that

Sorry, have to disagree. The Founders wrote a wonderful piece which is now the oldest written constitution in use. It's tenure speaks to its quality. Understanding the breadth and depth of it is way beyond the reach of Nugent.
Cruz is too much of a holy roller TV evangelist for me. I admire a man whose morals are framed by the Scripture, but all the religious public theatrics is too Pharisaical for me.
Originally Posted by prm
Kennedy was appointed by Reagan. I'll hold my breath until I see the record of who Trump appoints. Really can't be much worse, but who's to say it doesn't end up status quo?

Yup, it is always a guessing game...
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by prm

Gorsuch is a pretty good clue I think.
Posted By: Harry M Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
There will be Leftist violence over this next nominee. The Republicans, what there are of true ones, must hold the line with Trump. The future of America will be fought and settled over the next few years. We can NOT blink.
Posted By: noKnees Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
if you want to further brighten your day, stop in at the Democratic Underground, their reaction is priceless. I can only imagine what they would do if it was RGB, or Breyer.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
After Kennedy leaves,it's looks like only 3 liberal judges left.
Posted By: prm Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by prm

Gorsuch is a pretty good clue I think.

True, but that was to replace Scalia.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Trump has already announced he will nominate someone from the list he used for the Gorsuch pick. There are no bad choices on that list. All of them have proven track records and all are well qualified. This is a huge MAGA win ! Breyer has said he’s interested in retiring but is holding out for a democrat/communist president. He may give up if the Republicans increase the majority in the midterms and Trump continues to have the high approval ratings and looks to be a lock for re-election. Ginsburg and Sotomayor could croak at any moment. Sotomayor is a lifetime diabetic and has recently struggled to maintain her sugar levels. As she ages it will be increasingly hard for her to maintain her health.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by jk16

Try again.
Somebody needs to assign some heavy security to McConnell now...

It's likely to get ugly, and they've already stalked and harassed him. If they think they can delay the nomination by hospitalizing or killing one or two senators, some nut out there will likely try it.

It's likely to get ugly, and they've already stalked and harassed him. If they think they can delay the nomination by hospitalizing or killing one or two senators, some nut out there will likely try it.

im ok with sacrificing mcoonnell and some others
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Try again.

All four remaining liberals will start with B... Breyer and the three bitches...

Try again.

All four remaining liberals will start with B... Breyer and the three bitches...

youre forgwtting Roberts
Exactly, the 4 liberals are still there.

im ok with sacrificing mcoonnell and some others

Ha. For sure.

Try again.

youre forgwtting Roberts

I'll give you a hint, there's been a bunch of 5-4 votes, like the travel ban for instance, and Roberts and Kennedy weren't on the 4 side.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
This will be fun. Chris Mathews head is about to explode yelling block, block, block. Puts Senate supermajority rules squarely in the crosshairs. Heard Chuckie Schumer on the TV in the other room saying it's imperative for the Demorats to gain control of the Senate to save the country or something. Popcorn time.
How about DC v Heller

Roberts, Kennedy, Altio, Thomas and Scalia
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

joke of the day.....bob

YGBFKM

He's too old anyways. Need young justices for long tenure. Need to look at their track record, philosophical mindset and their health. In that one respect, there is something to be said for picking women given their average longer lifespans ... if they don't vote with their hormones ... which frankly, I'd be dubious of.

Im starting to wonder about him and his deep state connections.
The other question is, how will the RINOs play this confirmation process. Will McStain play spoiler? It'd be just like him to do so. Snow? Flake? (double entendre) ...
How about DC v Heller

you foegwt the obamacare debacle?
How about DC v Heller

Heller was watered down to get Kennedy to sign on. Another strict constructionist instead of Kennedy and Heller would have struck down all current gun control laws. Roberts is a politician and will go more conservative as the rest of the court moves right. Replacement of Thomas before Trump leaves is something that Thomas himself has discussed. An all relatively young conservative majority would be the greatest possible Trump legacy. It’s very possible that Trump leaves a 7-2 or 8-1 young conservative majority if he serves to January 2025.
How about DC v Heller

you foegwt the obamacare debacle?

I haven't forgotten anything.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Yes Roberts gave us O-care.
Posted By: Steve Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
The Dems will be dusting of 'ole Teddy's Bork playbook.
Flood warnings out for coastal areas...

Liberal tears are WAY over flood stage.

grin
It becomes critical who replaces McCain. I keep reading that they’re going to name his wife Cindy to replace him. Imo that is a disaster and another spit in the face of America is the governor does so. He went to war in 1776 to be rid of aristocratic Government. There is no good reason whatsoever for family members to inherit an elected government position.
The list Trump says he's going top pick from:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...preme-court-justice-shortlist/739221002/
Originally Posted by Steve
The Dems will be dusting of 'ole Teddy's Bork playbook.

Or the "pubic" hair one.....
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
It becomes critical who replaces McCain. I keep reading that they’re going to name his wife Cindy to replace him. Imo that is a disaster and another spit in the face of America is the governor does so. He went to war in 1776 to be rid of aristocratic Government. There is no good reason whatsoever for family members to inherit an elected government position.

That's the very foundation of the scam called "public service"
Guy on twitter suggested nominating Gorsuch in a fake mustache and thick glasses.
or, I guess Trump could go rogue, and decide we need to thin down the SC numbers from 9 to, oh, maybe 5...
Posted By: TexasPhotog Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
That's some great news.

Obviously the D's will do everything they can to try to stall until November.

It's critical we all vote in November and try to keep control of Congress. Trump could get another nomination or two beyond Kennedy's seat, and getting a bigger majority on the SC would do a lot to secure the future of gun rights.
Dems no doubt will fight to the death,,,, to keep their right to kill unborn or "just as they are born" children
Posted By: BLG Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Thank You Harry Reid!!!! (nuclear option)

This needs to be done BEFORE the mid terms. The demorats can't stop it. But RINOs can.

I wouldn't want to bank on the midterms. If we lose 2 seats we are toast.

Clyde
Originally Posted by kid0917
or, I guess Trump could go rogue, and decide we need to thin down the SC numbers from 9 to, oh, maybe 5...

Trump can not just change the number of justices in the court. That needs the approval of Congress.

Two of the top 6 sit on Georgia's Supreme Court. They are conservative, they have specialized in constitutional law, and they are VERY young. (Britt is not bad to look at either. Make a nice change from those liberal hags that sit on the SCOTUS)
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

Never underestimate the GOP's chances of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Never underestimate the GOP's chances of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

ROFL! yeah, you got that right.
Originally Posted by hatari

Two of the top 6 sit on Georgia's Supreme Court. They are conservative, they have specialized in constitutional law, and they are VERY young. (Britt is not bad to look at either. Make a nice change from those liberal hags that sit on the SCOTUS)

40 years old.... works for me!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
This is why I wanted to see Trump win, if for no other reason. Too much that affects us is decided by the courts across this country, and the really important stuff ends up at the SCOTUS. We need to load it with conservative judges. I just hope Congress and the Senate has the balls to do it.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
I've got a bottle of Old Forester 1887 I've been saving for just such an occasion.
If anyone wants to stop by and share it with me this evening feel free.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...951084/entertaining-reading#Post12951084
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Liberal heads would burst and adjacent heads would also explode if he nominated Patrick Wyrick, Oklahoma Supreme Court Justice. He's 37 and staunchly conservative. My guess is Pryor.
Posted By: hanco Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Cool
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Get ready for some fascinating political theater folks. Between what is about to take place and what will surely be some of the most creative October surprises in the history of this country, we are in for a rough political ride for a while.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
This is shaping up to be a bad bad week for the left.
One more thing (like Ginsberg stroking out) before Friday and I could see a mass suicide taking place.

Keep your fingers crossed boys.
Posted By: wdenike Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
The younger the better!!!!!!!!! MAGA

Take care, Willie

Bwahaha. 😪. Elections have consequences.
The DNC hears about Kennedy retiring.

https://twitter.com/davidsiders/status/1012043479667445761
Some more fine twitter reading: https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods
Posted By: Peddler Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Most importantly- liberal heads exploding.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

joke of the day.....bob

YGBFKM

Don't be so quick to dismiss the great legal minds that have defended the constitution from the bench. "Technicalities" are a double edged sword. Keeping the legal system from ramrodding innocent men comes at the cost of occasionally letting the guilty go free. Many "technicalities" come down to police taking shortcuts and violating citizen's rights. If police did pristine police work, the guilty would seldom go free.

The founders were learned men, the constitution is not a simple document even if it is written so that most laymen can easily understand it.

Ted Nugent has his place, but the Supreme Court is assuredly not the place.

Find another Antonin Scalia, that's what the court needs.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

Holyshitt there are some seriously disturbed dipshitts on DU. The funny thing is they think that come a civil war that those limp wristed, homo loving abortionists have a snowballs chance in hell of fighting us. The liberal faqs will barely be a speed bump to the patriotic conservatives as we mow them over in our quest to return this country to the vision of our founding fathers.

I’m LMFAO at their hysteria. They think that because Kennedy is retiring that a woman will no longer be able to control her body or her bodily functions. Who knew that the SCOTUS has so much control over a liberals body?

Those “people” don’t deserve the opportunities this country affords nor do they deserve to live under the freedoms that so many have died to protect. They should either move out of country and never return or they should “Jonestown” themselves......I’ll start a Go Fund Me so that we can provide the Koolaid. This country would be much better off without 50 million selfish, worthless, ignorant anti-Americans. They’ve been trying to ruin this country for a half century and while they’ve made some serious progress in their sedition the whiplash they’re suffering from because of our abrupt deceleration down the slope of ruin has caused them total and irreversible brain damage, assuming that they collectively have a single brain amongst them.

I pray that we can replace Ginsburg next and Thomas before Trump leaves office in 2025. I really like Justice Thomas but don’t want his seat up for grabs in the future. Reinforce the SCOTUS with CONSERVATIVE justices that revere the constitution. If liberals don’t like it they can and should extricate themselves from this country or at the very least they should extricate themselves from their miserable life....it won’t even hurt if they do it right.
A woman nominee would make it much harder for the Democrats to block the nominee. Snow , a Rino , would be in a tough position. She would very much want a mush Rino like Kennedy to replace Kennedy but how could she vote against a very qualified conservative woman. With only one spare vote to confirm a justice it could be very important. Nominating a woman also makes it harder than ever for Democrats to paint Trump as a misogynist and easier to get otherwise hostile Rino women to come out to vote for Trump. There’s a couple of 40 something women on that list and I think it would be a good move to nominate one. Making Democrats attack a very qualified woman is a good move politically imo.
Posted By: Peddler Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
I say just nominate the best damn candidate and make it happen instead of trying to game the system with who you think you can get through. I'm sick of compromising before the battle even begins.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Don't be so quick to dismiss the great legal minds that have defended the constitution from the bench. "Technicalities" are a double edged sword. Keeping the legal system from ramrodding innocent men comes at the cost of occasionally letting the guilty go free. Many "technicalities" come down to police taking shortcuts and violating citizen's rights. If police did pristine police work, the guilty would seldom go free.

The founders were learned men, the constitution is not a simple document even if it is written so that most laymen can easily understand it.

This....
Posted By: vapodog Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Originally Posted by Nebraska

wink
we couldn't be so lucky
I pray the Dems try this going into the midterms. Please, please, please!

CNN, MSNBC Analysts Encourage Extreme Tactics to Stop Supreme Court Pick
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
More winning! MAGA
Now, we need Ginsberg to go---
Trump gets three!
A woman nominee would make it much harder for the Democrats to block the nominee.

i used to think that but not any more
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Okay, everybody take the day off. Go fishing, shooting, hit the gun store...

Christmas came early.

It sure the hell did.

Trump gets #2! whoohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
Calhoun: AMEN and HALLELUJAH!
I can not wait for more conservative Supreme Court Justices to be confirmed by President Donald J. Trump!
Note to President Donald J. Trump - "thank you for doing everything you can and have done to make America great again".
As opposed to the horrorshit show that the slimey bitch "hildabeast" would have created had she been elected.
OMG just thinking about the horrors/destruction she would have instituted upon this country makes me shiver/cringe.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I want to pause for a moment to thank the Heritage Foundation for coming up with the list of judges...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

He won’t settle for a Supreme Court position. He wants the Presidency.

But we have a modern day precedent for such a travesty . . . Missouri, right?

Jean Anne Carpenter Carnahan (born December 20, 1933) is an American politician and writer who was the First Lady of Missouri from 1993 to 2000, and served as the state's junior United States Senator from 2001 to 2002. A Democrat, she was appointed to fill the Senate seat of her husband Mel Carnahan, who had been posthumously elected, becoming the first woman to represent Missouri in the U.S. Senate.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18
No doubt, just look to Alaska to see how that works. Lisa Murcowski is as big a RINO as they come. Dem lite is more like it.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Kennedy retires - 06/27/18

More Salt.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Remsen Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Cruz is too much of a holy roller TV evangelist for me. I admire a man whose morals are framed by the Scripture, but all the religious public theatrics is too Pharisaical for me.

For his legal mind, Cruz is the closest we can get to Scalia coming back to life. I've heard him talk a number of times and his legal thinking is exactly what I want on the Supreme Court.
Posted By: Paddler Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Guys, what about the McConnell rule? After all, this is an election year, right? Does the rule only apply to Democratic nominees?

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/27/17511048/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court-anthony-kennedy-retirement

McConnell's blocking a bipartisan statement reporting on Russian interference during the election was nothing less than treason.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...rtisan-statement-on-russian-interference

He's a real piece of work, and history will not be kind to him.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Originally Posted by Paddler
Guys, what about the McConnell rule? After all, this is an election year, right? Does the rule only apply to Democratic nominees?

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/27/17511048/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court-anthony-kennedy-retirement

McConnell's blocking a bipartisan statement reporting on Russian interference during the election was nothing less than treason.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Eat a bag of dicks you commie POS!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Good hopefully they will Bourdain themselves.

Originally Posted by DryPowder

More Salt.

[Linked Image]
Guys, but guys, duh, but, but what about, uhh, but guys.

Eat [bleep] bitch..
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
This worthless piece of [bleep] has been sucking a bag of dicks and taking up the ass for the last three years and he still comes back for more.

Hey Fuqk head. Follow the lead of the rest of the Libtards like Bourdain and go off yourself.

Yeah I don’t give a fuqk any more. Tell me where to send the rope.

Where’d the good Dr. go?
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18

Presidential elections are every four years, not every two years.

It must be this incredible stupidity that prevents you from understanding the difference between an election that includes the President and one that doesn't that lead to our Marxism.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Presidential elections are every four years, not every two years.

It must be this incredible stupidity that prevents you from understanding the difference between an election that includes the President and one that doesn't that lead to our Marxism.

Nope, you're completely incorrect. Seating someone on the Supreme Court is a two-step process, of course. The President nominates candidates, which Obama did with Merrick Garland. The Senate provides Advice and Consent, which McConnell blocked. He announced within an hour of Scalia's death, on February 13, 2016, that no Obama nominee would be considered. Nine months before the election. Voters have a role in choosing both the President, in the most recent case, Trump lost the popular vote but won the EC. With the help, of course, of the Russians, with whom the Trump campaign colluded. The voters choose their senators, so given we're four moths out now, the voters should have their voices heard. McConnell stole Garland's seat, consistency demands no Trump nominee should be confirmed before the midterms.

In fact, once Trump has been impeached, all of his appointments should be nullified. They won't be, of course, but any and all of his appointees shall forever have an asterisk by their name. I remain very confident that inclusiveness, honesty, tolerance and intelligence will prevail over bigotry, discrimination, stupidity, dishonesty and fear, and that the damage done by the toddler in the oval office will be repaired.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Where’d the good Dr. go?

Work on his one star rating?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Hahahaha. You stupid piece of human chiett. You are tff for words. HAHAHA HAHA grin.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
I’m having a really, really good day.

P
Still not tired of winning..maybe in 6 years?
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Me, too, Pharmseller. I see you on ifish, Rocky Rabb on Bigfishtackle, etc. All this stuff will sort itself out eventually. It'll be interesting to watch developments both in the near term and further in the future. It'll take awhile before Trump supporters see the error of their ways, but see it they will. Even some Harley workers don't see it yet. Maybe the soybean farmers are starting to get a clue. My sincere wish is that all the hurt Trump causes impacts his supporters the most.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18

Then we’ll have Don Jr for 8 years....dynasty baby. 😀
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Can you run for President from prison?
Posted By: Seafire Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18

Can you practice medicine, after being locked up for being convicted as a pedophile?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18

Plus, Ted’s own shadow hates his guts...😧😎
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18

P

Me, too, Pharmseller. I see you on ifish, Rocky Rabb on Bigfishtackle, etc. All this stuff will sort itself out eventually. It'll be interesting to watch developments both in the near term and further in the future. It'll take awhile before Trump supporters see the error of their ways, but see it they will. Even some Harley workers don't see it yet. Maybe the soybean farmers are starting to get a clue. My sincere wish is that all the hurt Trump causes impacts his supporters the most.

Well, you used to see me on Ifish. I’m persona non grata now.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/banned-from-other-boards.261732/

P
Posted By: TexasPhotog Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18

I wouldn't put it past Hildabeast....

P

Well, you used to see me on Ifish. I’m persona non grata now.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/banned-from-other-boards.261732/

P

That's funny. It looks like you only got suspended, not permanently banned. I was permanently banned from Duckhunter.net by a moderator from South Carolina who's a birther. And, it was for posts on the Political Action page to boot, which is as free wheeling as the fire. Amazing. I looked up the ban, and under "Expires", it said, "Never", and under "Reason", it said, "No Reason Given". Chickensh*t. I used to post lots of photos on that site and they showed up full size, which is why I missed it.

Speaking of ifish, Nalu has turned over a new leaf. Into ultramarathons now, etc. I don't participate as much as I used to, but sure learned a lot over there.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Plus, Ted’s own shadow hates his guts...😧😎

Nah...mostly just hippies.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
McConnell stole Garland's seat.

Whenever I see people trashing Mitch McConnell, I think back to this and say "thank you Mitch."
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Kennedy retires - 06/28/18
Cryfish and their ultra sensitive but empowered moderators seems the perfect place for a pedophiliac physician. Too bad that even his own kind don’t want him around.
Cryfish and their ultra sensitive but empowered moderators seems the perfect place for a pedophiliac physician. Too bad that even his own kind don’t want him around.

They don't tolerate impolite conversations there, that's for sure. Not sure that their approach isn't more enlightened than all the insults and rude behavior on the fire. I only post and pay attention to the Salty Dog page, but I don't think one would get away much of what goes on here on the Life In General page. Nobody changes anybody's mind here, insults and threats aren't conducive to the honest exchange of ideas.

Mitch has no honor, his recent statements show him to be a hypocrite. I read that nobody on the Hill, Democrat or Republican, can stand the guy. Or turtle, or whatever.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Kennedy retires - 06/29/18

Nobody changes anybody's mind here, insults and threats aren't conducive to the honest exchange of ideas.

If you ever have a coherent idea, we'd all be interested in hearing it.
Posted By: Paddler Re: Kennedy retires - 06/29/18
[/quote]
If you ever have a coherent idea, we'd all be interested in hearing it.[/quote]

All of my ideas are coherent, all of my statements are factual. If you don't believe that, it's on you.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Kennedy retires - 06/29/18
[/quote]

All of my ideas are coherent, all of my statements are factual. If you don't believe that, it's on you.
[/quote]

Bwahahaha. You’re such a crusader you. Winning hearts and minds everywhere. Well except in your practice and any where else you open your pie hole

Now go stand in front of the mirror and respeat 3 Times. I like myself, I really do Lol you are funny in a sad pathetic sort of way
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Kennedy retires - 06/29/18
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Nobody changes anybody's mind here, insults and threats aren't conducive to the honest exchange of ideas.

Bingo!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Kennedy retires - 06/29/18
[/quote]

[/quote]

Now there's a come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer fuqked Greg.............
© 24hourcampfire