Home
Posted By: Irving_D Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: slumlord Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
Too many cheetos
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
That look like a standard Army "horizontal ladder" that used to be part of the PT test before about '82. Hated those damn things.
Posted By: DMc Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
Originally Posted by slumlord
Too many cheetos bananas.

Fixt it.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
Who greased the monkey bars?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
Horizonal ladder all right. Not my strength either.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
one at a time, might work better.
Posted By: J_D_Patrick Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
Originally Posted by MikeL2
That look like a standard Army "horizontal ladder" that used to be part of the PT test before about '82..

that was a dang PT test back then,,,,horizontal ladder, perverted (inverted) crawl,,,the run dodge and jump dash thing,,,,pushups and the run,,,,all in fatigues and boots,,,,,,oh to be 18 again,,,,,,,
Posted By: victoro Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
You had to do 96 bars in a minute or less for 100 points on the Physical Combat Proficiency Test and I could do them in 30-40 seconds. I took the PCPT test at end of basic training in Feb. 1964 right after I turned 21. At that time that the Army wide record for the PCPT was 458 points. I scored 470 points and another guy in my company scored over 480 points. I made 100 points on everything except the mile run which you had to run in minutes of less for 100 points but my legs were dead from being on KP that day from 4:00am to 9:00am. I thought the hardest event was the 40 yard low crawl where you crawled 20 yds. turned around and crawled another yards, I crawled the 40 yds. low crawl in 18 seconds which the drill sergeant told me tied the post record. I was sure I could go faster but he wouldn't let me try.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
I always thought them silly easy- but admit that was 25 years, a few pounds, and BMI diff ago.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Monkey Bars - 07/29/18
I hated them things...had to do them to get in the mess hall ....drop off ....back to the end of the line.....
© 24hourcampfire