Home
I go to work and to my post. Three things I receive from the officer I'm relieving are keys, cuff and a radio. I relieve this young kid, about 23-24 years old. He handed my the radio and I saw it was on the wrong channel, I told him and he started getting this stupid grin on his face, a suppressed grin. Then I check my cuffs and I find them double locked. That's some serious chit right there, if I need them I do not have time to use a key to open them. Fortunately I always check my gear before the other officer leaves.

We have a chit system and their chits remain in my pocket until I checked the gear. I was taught that way from the start 26 years ago and have held to it. I know that officer wants to run to the time clock as fast as he can, too fricking bad. If I accept gear in poor condition that falls on me.

This kid thinks that chit is funny. Stuff that gets people hurt is not funny at all. I told him, calmly, " This is one of the ways you catch an azz beating." That kid is off my help list, " Fly on your own cock sucker." is my way on these things. My other senior officers ain't too happy about it either. Having your senior officers ostracize you in a prison is not a good thing. But we do not need any azz clowns, azz clowns start chit they can't finish.
Feel better now?
Your absolutely right. The boy needs to go find another job.
I take it you are a plumber.
Posted By: hanco Re: Ways to catch an azz beating - 01/15/19
Crap like that could get you killed. It’s not like the crap we do here, like dumping a big box of those packing peanuts in someone’s work truck if we catch it unlocked.
Don't beat his azz, you might go to prison...
That piece of schidt has no business in that job.
When I was a cop, I'd hang by gunbelt on the hat tree in the bedroom when I'd get home.

Went to work one night, and had to work an accident in the rain. After I was done with that, I went to the station for some coffee, and to dry off.

Pulled that S&W 586 out of my holster to wipe the rain off it, popped open the cylinder, and it was empty! eek

Lessons learned:

1) Never underestimate how mean a woman can be.

2) Check your equipment daily.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I go to work and to my post. Three things I receive from the officer I'm relieving are keys, cuff and a radio. I relieve this young kid, about 23-24 years old. He handed my the radio and I saw it was on the wrong channel, I told him and he started getting this stupid grin on his face, a suppressed grin. Then I check my cuffs and I find them double locked. That's some serious chit right there, if I need them I do not have time to use a key to open them. Fortunately I always check my gear before the other officer leaves.

We have a chit system and their chits remain in my pocket until I checked the gear. I was taught that way from the start 26 years ago and have held to it. I know that officer wants to run to the time clock as fast as he can, too fricking bad. If I accept gear in poor condition that falls on me.

This kid thinks that chit is funny. Stuff that gets people hurt is not funny at all. I told him, calmly, " This is one of the ways you catch an azz beating." That kid is off my help list, " Fly on your own cock sucker." is my way on these things. My other senior officers ain't too happy about it either. Having your senior officers ostracize you in a prison is not a good thing. But we do not need any azz clowns, azz clowns start chit they can't finish.

Azzclowns also are on their fugging smart phones goofing the fugg off
On their tower station day when they are supposed to monitor 4 pod cells and control main door access and alert everyone for instant reaction.
2 minutes after breaking up a fight outnumbered 48 to 1 in a pod, then everyone shows up after numbnuts finally glances up from facebook.
Posted By: g5m Re: Ways to catch an azz beating - 01/15/19
Wow! To the whole thread.

People who intentionally put others at risk have no business in a job of responsibility. There's enough of that accidentally.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
When I was a cop, I'd hang by gunbelt on the hat tree in the bedroom when I'd get home.

Went to work one night, and had to work an accident in the rain. After I was done with that, I went to the station for some coffee, and to dry off.

Pulled that S&W 586 out of my holster to wipe the rain off it, popped open the cylinder, and it was empty! eek

Lessons learned:

Did that really happen? If so was she trying to rid you?

hank
There's a couple really dumb azzed replies up at the top of this thread. How can one possibly trust that kid to have his back when he can't even follow basic procedures and keep his gear in working order? I wouldn't trust that kid any further than I could throw him.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
There's a couple really dumb azzed replies up at the top of this thread. How can one possibly trust that kid to have his back when he can't even follow basic procedures and keep his gear in working order? I wouldn't trust that kid any further than I could throw him.

It has nothing to do with keeping it in good order unless he received it from control in that condition. More than likely he double locked them himself as a funny prank.

What I always say, check your chit before the other officer leave the area. Check the radio, check the keys ( Some azzclowns will break or damage one and try to pass it over to you) and check the cuffs. Weigh your O.C. every day. If I call a supervisor and tell him I have a broken key or damaged cuffs the first thing he will ask is if I gave the officer his chits on that gear. If I did it's all on me.
Like the checks done with an airplane before takeoff?
Sounds like he was just joking around.
Guys like that get people hurt. Did 28 years behind the fence, and I've seen it happen. They have no idea where they really are.
shoot him in the ass with a red ryder and then scrub his ass crack good with a turpentined corn cob.
Originally Posted by boatboy

Lessons learned:

Did that really happen? If so was she trying to rid you?

hank

Absolutely happened.

We had a few words over that. Unsure of her motive? My chief thought she'd gotten wind of the life insurance plan provided to widows.
Unless a guy was involved in a shooting every week that's a pretty weak attempt at cashing in.
Originally Posted by deflave
Unless a guy was involved in a shooting every week that's a pretty weak attempt at cashing in.

Except women are not generally known as bastions of logical thinking...........
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Never underestimate a woman...
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Really, they may not be bastions of logical thinking but many are experts on devious thinking.

Yep.

Absolutely happened.

We had a few words over that. Unsure of her motive? My chief thought she'd gotten wind of the life insurance plan provided to widows.

That is not a "few words", that is an imediate and complete seperation.
In the fire department we played a lot of practical jokes on each other with some going over the line. We had one rule (besides not hurting each other) and that was you never messed with someone’s gear or the equipment. Bunker gear and SCBA was our lifeline and it’s never funny and downright dangerous.

Signing a battalion chief up for the NAMBLA magazine addressed to him and delivered to the headquarters station is just cheeky and fun, messing with his safety equipment isn’t. 😁
There is nothin' funny about endangering another's life by doing these kinds of pranks. There is a time and place for everything under the sun.....This person needs to be truly taught a lesson..one that he will never forget...That way he can pass his new found learned wisdom onto his prodigy, if he should have any..
........All actions have consequences.
Trading keys/radio is normal to me but is sharing handcuffs (or OC) a thing? Figure that would be a personal gear type item.
I have no sense of humor at all when working. Just got accused of that a few days ago, and it's true. I'm focused on the job, and horse play like greased door handles, and flipped mirrors are not funny. A greased ladder rung on an extension ladder rung about half way up, earned the prankster a punch in the mouth. It's way too easy to get hurt on the job without the interference.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Trading keys/radio is normal to me but is sharing handcuffs (or OC) a thing? Figure that would be a personal gear type item.

That's what I was thinking...

Florida Dept of Corrections is the only state agency I have any experience with, so others may vary. In Fl DOC, you were strictly forbidden from carrying/using ANY personal equipment. It all had to be state issued, and was handed off/signed for from shift to next shift.
Originally Posted by kellory
I have no sense of humor at all when working. Just got accused of that a few days ago, and it's true. I'm focused on the job, and horse play like greased door handles, and flipped mirrors are not funny. A greased ladder rung on an extension ladder rung about half way up, earned the prankster a punch in the mouth. It's way too easy to get hurt on the job without the interference.

Have him charged with attempted murder.

Florida Dept of Corrections is the only state agency I have any experience with, so others may vary. In Fl DOC, you were strictly forbidden from carrying/using ANY personal equipment. It all had to be state issued, and was handed off/signed for from shift to next shift.

Us too. No personal gear at all. We are not even allowed to have personal handcuffs in our cars. Our supervisors are issued cuffs, but they lock them in their locker at the end of shift. We don't have lockers.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Really, they may not be bastions of logical thinking but many are experts on devious thinking.

^Truth!!!

Every time the mrs., and i get into a spat (regularly..next step = lawyer land i am soooo over this), her presumption about what i did or said illustrates an exceptionally high level of intentional, *planned* scorn she is capable. What's the old saying, "to catch a thief think like a thief"... her example is more like a narcissistic sociopath.
© 24hourcampfire