Home
Sorry if it’s been posted...

https://patch.com/texas/houston/houston-bound-cargo-plane-crashes-trinity-bay-faa
Hope my Chewy.com order wasnt on there. My wiener dogs been wanting their new sweater vests.
Originally Posted by kid0917

Thank you Sir I heard from somewhere else that said 747, or at least that’s what I thought my poor hearing heard. 😁. When I read the article my mind substituted what I thought for what was in black and white.

I edited the title to reflect reality.

My thoughts go out to the loved ones of the crew members on board.
"Large debris field" means no survivors, probably.

Dear Amazon customer: It appears your package has gone missing. We'll alert you about replacement or refund, at our option.
my old hunting and fishing grounds, as a kid. If they really went down in Jack's Pocket, they were just a few miles from a small airport with maybe a mile of paved runway. Prayers of comfort for family members of victims.
Used to survey quite a bit over there around Anahuac. Houston weather said some storms over that way about the time of the crash today.

If they are going to gather any remains, they better get at it.

Largest alligator population concentration is right where it crashed.

Hate to hear about the people onboard.
What a shame.

WGAF about chewy .com but I didn't expect any better...

Airboat in one picture, could not zoom in but have quite a few folks I know run airboats down that way, they are the type that would get a group out to do S/R asap.

Thoughts and prayers for the families and friends.
" . . . the Boeing 767 approximately 30 miles southeast of Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport," . . . (Anahuac is 30 miles east)

" . . . Anahuac is located roughly an hour east of Houston . . ." (an hour east by plane, train, car, bus, mule, walking?)
Good ol Atlas air.. being in the Army I have flown on their charter flights.. if any of you ever have a chance to fly Omni air dont..
Bless those that died. RIP
a good hour drive, from Houston
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
" . . . the Boeing 767 approximately 30 miles southeast of Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport," . . . (Anahuac is 30 miles east)

" . . . Anahuac is located roughly an hour east of Houston . . ." (an hour east by plane, train, car, bus, mule, walking?)

At least an hour's drive from Houston.

You have to drive North up to IH-10, drive East down the interstate, then drive South to Anahauc.

As the crow flies it ain't far, but driving around alla that water takes some time in Houston traffic.
Originally Posted by kid0917
my old hunting and fishing grounds, as a kid. .

Mine, too. We had a cabin in a fishing camp down on Double Bayou where I spent summers fishing and shrimping, and winter weekends duck hunting and oystering.

May God bless those who lost their lives, and comfort their loved ones.
I’m sorry that this happened. Prayers for all involved.
The area is at the mouth of Trinity bay. Trinity rivers enters the bay in this area. Great fishing and duck hunting in this area.
Birds work the trout which are feeding on the shrimp coming out of the marsh lands. This happens at the end of September.
Hasbeen
you mean, head of the bay... mouth of the river
Originally Posted by rost495

Airboat in one picture

Fox video shows about 8 air boats on a spit of land next to the wreckage.

Condolences to the families of the crew members.
I think the wreckage is on the bay side of that spit, then you are looking at Long Island Bayou, IIRC. bay will be waist deep there, bayou deeper.
It's in Jack's Pocket, straight off the west boat ramp at the park.
Jack's Pocket is my favorite fishing hole in Trinity Bay
I wouldnt fly in a 767 for anything. This is the 3rd crash ive heard of and rather than replacing faulty parts pilots have to learn risky ways of coping with boeings skitty engineering. I hope the fsmilies sue the pants off boeing...
Originally Posted by sollybug
I wouldnt fly in a 767 for anything. This is the 3rd crash ive heard of and rather than replacing faulty parts pilots have to learn risky ways of coping with boeings skitty engineering. I hope the fsmilies sue the pants off boeing...

Stupid ignorant comments from someone who doesn't know [bleep] about the situation yet.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

We'll, it's gonna have a deeper hole in it. This thing was descending for Hobby when t passed through that weather system we had yesterday and nosed down into the bay.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

We'll, it's gonna have a deeper hole in it. This thing was descending for Hobby when t passed through that weather system we had yesterday and nosed down into the bay.

I figured the bad weather there was a big factor in the crash.

Gonna be busy in the bay this morning.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

You are guessing it iced up?I
Speculation is lightning strike.
Lightning almost never damages a plane. I've been hit at least six times in planes, with no damage other than small burn marks.

The news report I read yesterday said it was a Houston to Miami flight. That indicates to me that it was a post-takeoff accident. But the news being as accurate as it usually is, that may not be the case. Either way, takeoff or landing, weather at low altitude can be a major issue. T-storm downdrafts in particular are really dangerous.

But as with all major air accidents, I'll withhold any speculation and let the investigating team do their jobs.
they were 30 miles out approaching IAH, from what I am seeing. uncontrolled descent from 6200 ft.
sad deal, I used to flounder all around that area where you see the recovery boats

It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Every airline and every airplane is different.
Reports are 2 bodies recovered as of now.
I designed an amplifier and a power supply for the 767 at Boeing in 1982.
I helped design the battery charger for the 767 at a subcontractor in 1983.
I designed some lightning proofing on the Eclipse jet and tested it at the Boeing facility in 2007. It costs $1k/hour, takes 2 weeks to qualify, and I have to go back if the design flunks.

I am like a blind man examining an elephant. I know all about one aluminum box filled with electronics on a jet that has 100 boxes.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Every airline and every airplane is different.

The Boeing 767 is an exceptional aircraft.
Condolences to the families.
The 767 has a stellar safety record, it's one of the safest airliners ever built. It's also unlikely it involved icing or a lightning strike, modern airliners are very capable of handling either. Beyond that speculation is pointless and almost always leads to the wrong conclusion, we'll just have to wait until the NTSB finishes their investigation and issues their report. They'll recreate the accident and figure it out. Godspeed to the three men that lost their lives.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
The 767 has a stellar safety record, it's one of the safest airliners ever built. It's also unlikely it involved icing or a lightning strike, modern airliners are very capable of handling either. Beyond that speculation is pointless and almost always leads to the wrong conclusion, we'll just have to wait until the NTSB finishes their investigation and issues their report. They'll recreate the accident and figure it out. Godspeed to the three men that lost their lives.

Yup...I thought the same thing while I was listening to the FBI and NTSB guys talk about it at the boat ramp.
Sad deal but thank God it didn’t happen over Houston or anywhere where other people could get hurt. God bless those men and their families.....just out doing their job moving freight and doing what I’m sure they loved to do, flying.
Yes, another 5 minutes in the air could have been a lot different in the outcome.
Pilot went to the same school in Kenya as I did (for my senior year.) Good guy and heaven is richer for it -- rest in peace, Ricky.
My Dad flew one of these for Delta toward the end of his career. I had an interesting conversation with him tonight about what he thought might have happened to the aircraft, being he’s had a good amount of time flying one. His best guess is something structural happened which cuaused the plane to nose over into the water, especially on the decent like that. “Probably lost the wing or tail” was his guess. Condolences to the familes involved.
Load shift > trim couldn’t overcome the imbalance > stall > nose dive?
The malasia flight that crashed was due to known problem with faulty gauges. It pulled the nose down 20 times thqt flight before they crashed. Rather than replacing the faulty gauge boeing relies on training to override their [bleep] parts and people are dying. The 767 is a liability. Thia sounds like a similar scenario
RIP!
Wife said her package must be on that plane.
I always cringe at the term "nose dive". Duh! Do they specify that because tail dives and wing dives are so common? Hey, genius, the nose of a plane always leads the way. ANY dive is a "nose" dive. Just say "the plane nosed over" or "the nose dropped" or even better, "the plane dove."
The malasia flight that crashed was due to known problem with faulty gauges. It pulled the nose down 20 times thqt flight before they crashed. Rather than replacing the faulty gauge boeing relies on training to override their [bleep] parts and people are dying. The 767 is a liability. Thia sounds like a similar scenario

It wasn't "faulty gauges", it wasn't a 767, it wasn't a similar scenario, and it wasn't "malasia" (Malaysia), it was Indonesia. Other than getting pretty much everything wrong you're batting 1000.

Since you appear to be some kind of anti-Boeing troll and there's only one other major aircraft maker out there I have to assume you're an Airbus fan. I guess everybody's gotta have a hobby, pathetic as it may be. The paper vs. plastic wars are really heating up on the shopping bag forums, why don't you go troll them?
Originally Posted by agazain
Pilot went to the same school in Kenya as I did (for my senior year.) Good guy and heaven is richer for it -- rest in peace, Ricky.

You went to school in Kenya, in Africa, with this pilot? Was this an aircraft school or what? What were y'all doing in Kenya?
I am just interested not doubting your veracity but this is an unusual statement.

Very good inside knowledge. Good thing somebody here knows what the hell is going on.
Originally Posted by Alaskajim

Very good inside knowledge. Good thing somebody here knows what the hell is going on.

You forgot to use the sarcasm font in your post sir.
I have flown that arrival many times. It brings you right over Bolivar then up the east side of the bay with a great view of Anahuac before you intercept an extended final. If it did indeed go down in Jacks, then it was right on course. I spent lots of time in those marshes when I was a kid.
© 24hourcampfire