Home
Posted By: OrangeOkie Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
I'm a fan and hobbyist of bushcraft, and found this tool interesting.

[Linked Image]
Clic Pic to buy
I like them. Have had one for years. But then again, I like almost any kind of outdoor knife or pocket knife 🤠
Posted By: JohnDog Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
They’re a great woodsman tool. I’ve got one and use it to trim back the “jungle”! The 1941 user manual is definitely un-PC!

JohnDog
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
I have one gifted to me from my father in law and I'm guessing mil surplus as most of the camping /hunting stuff he had he bought mid 50's to mid 60's. It has a steel sheath that's marked as a snow shovel.

I may dig it out of the backup F-250 tomorrow and post a pic. It cuts through blackberries very well.
Mine has the stacked leather handle. I haven’t seen too many others like it.
Had one that got swiped in a deer camp break in. I had other machetes that I thought did a better job, so wasn't a terrible loss.
Posted By: pcf Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
I have kept one in my gear box in the back of my truck for over 20 years. It gets used frequently.
Posted By: hanco Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
I’ve never used one, have other machetes I use a lot
Posted By: g5m Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
Tag. Just because I've always thought these were a good tool. I do remember them being available as WW2 surplus a very long time ago.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
Are you going to use it or is it just for coffee table discussions and kept in a dustproof glass case?
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
Dug my surplus Pal out of the truckbox. Victor model 480.

[Linked Image][/URL][/img]

I have one.It usually is on my atv. I keep it my work truck now.
I have one, cheap machete works better!
Posted By: TheKid Re: Woodsman's Pal since 1941 - 05/31/19
I used one for a whole day clearing brush and limbs. Thought it was a pretty poor tool for much of anything and was ready to pitch it off in the river by the time we finished. Kukri is a far superior tool IMO.
© 24hourcampfire