Home
Posted By: wabigoon Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
There is tired, and then there is old man tired. I can still do a bit, off, and on. It plan tuckers me out. Know the feelin'?
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Yes

Mike
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Richard, my dad is 70 and has a history of heart attacks.

Tore up arm.

Still getting it done but at an obviously slower pace.

Sometimes I get impatient and in a hurry and have to stop and remember that he is nearly 30 years older than me. And I ain't no kid anymore.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I am there now. I both tried and am tired. took off from work today to do home projects , had to take hard meds for my back after a few hours.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Since I had heart failure, I don't get near as much done. Breaks are more frequent. And longer. I hunt a lot differently. The days of long hikes deep into the bush are long gone. Now I hunt about a quarter mile off the road, walk in on a well cleared trail and just take my chances. I use a deer cart now instead of just leaning into a drag rope. Gotta make some concessions.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
What I used to do all night....takes me all night to do now.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Originally Posted by travelingman1
What I used to do all night....takes me all night to do now.

That's a good one.
Posted By: skinner Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
What I used to do all day......takes me all day to do now.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Mama's got a squeezbox

Daddy never sleeps at night
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
When I was a boy I had a disease that required me to eat dirt three times a day.

It's a good thing my older sister told me about it.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
It bothers me not to be able to get as much done as I want to in a given period of time. I like to start something and keep at it until it's finished.

I'm slowly getting over that. I have to do things in shifts these days. It gets done when it gets done.

I bought this little piece of land a year and a half ago knowing that it needed some clearing out.

I thought it would go faster than it is. I'm about ready to say "fuggit" and rent a forest mulcher.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19

Sort of like a steer. smile
Posted By: farmerfish Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I'm not what I once was. But I'm everything I ever was once. wink
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
These days I seem to stay weary, but as Bristoe said, I just do things in shifts. Work awhile, rest awhile, then back to the chore.

Sometimes I think I am getting old in my old age. wink

L.W.
Posted By: skitish Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I feel your pain. I am now a Super Senior in USPSA and still trying to run with the young dogs. Just finished a match last Saturday that had two 36 round stages out of four and a qualifier. After finishing and tearing down the stages and putting everything up I was wasted. The kids asked me to go out and have a few drinks but fortunately I live about 11/2 hrs away and was able to beg off. I took the next day to recover. Kind of sad to see the ability to compete decline but I enjoy the competition and will continue as long as I am competitive in the sport.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
It's harder now to get things done - but it's not for the lack of trying.

Biggest mistake is to set something down and then trying to find it again.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Makes no sense just do the things you did in a day, in the day.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
My dad and main hired man....will be 74 this fall.

We just get done what we get done.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I'm 53 and vacillate between energetic and tired. My energy bursts last a few months then I coast. Used to go 12 months straight.
What did you do for the next 12 months? Hibernate?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Used to be able to get white crosses, two-ways, mini-thins right up there beside the cash register at any gas station.

Pure ephedrine

I would give those to dead-ass hungover dudes and general 'slow jimmies' on my work crews. Get them boys fired up and ready to chew through a 3-layer shingle tear off.

Hahahaha, be 3 pm before they even thought about lunch.
Posted By: g5m Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There is tired, and then there is old man tired. I can still do a bit, off, and on. It plan tuckers me out. Know the feelin'?

Yes.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Used to be able to get white crosses, two-ways, mini-thins right up there beside the cash register at any gas station.

Pure ephedrine

I would give those to dead-ass hungover dudes and general 'slow jimmies' on my work crews. Get them boys fired up and ready to chew through a 3-layer shingle tear off.

Dats racis.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What did you do for the next 12 months? Hibernate?

Non-stop buddy. Worked about 10 months then hunted the sheit out of coyotes and ski all winter. Now I die in winter.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19

Pure ephedrine

A very cheap imitation of the real thing.

One has to be an idiot to do amphetamines. They will age you very fast. But if science ever comes up with something like an amphetamine that's good for you, buy stock in the company that produces it.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I told a worker this afternoon - "Seems I'm tired after only 12 1/2 hours of going! I guess the 16 and 18 hour days are for youngsters!" smile
Posted By: Dess Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Sometimes I sits and thinks..then I just sits. Don't trust a fart anymore.
Posted By: JTman Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19

Pure ephedrine

Haha.... I remember those things! Always gave me a headache.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Sad to say....yes...I understand!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I may have found a solution. Pay someone else to do all the things you don't like. Spend your time and energy doing the things you love.

mike r
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
I used get things done in a hurry, like why wait, get'r done. I've slowed down now and take whatever time it takes to do whatever, right the first time so I don't waste anytime doing whatever a second time. Seems like time is moving fast enough without me hurrying it up. Too God damn bad you have to wait until later in life to figger that out. Youth is largely wasted on the young. Magnum Bob
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
Getting old is one thing, but then when you throw in chronic severe head pain on top of all that, that gets to be a real pain in the ass. I have to admit that the VA has been good to me as far as using me as a guinea pig with their testing of pain meds. Who knew I would be a Botox guy. It does slow down the crippling head pain though.
Posted By: hanco Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/05/19
It plain sucks to get old, I’m not what I once was.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/06/19
I do a lot more thinking of “is there an easier way to do this?”
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Old Man Tried. - 06/06/19
I can pick a banjo just as good as I ever could.
© 24hourcampfire