Home

*Not in any attempt to outshine the who old are you thread.

Me? About 150 laugh

Which is way down, had to filter out some buds. It was around 300 crazy
0-10, I have learned from email for the past 20 some years to be very careful who gets my phone number and damn few people get it
2- Morning when the alarm is turned off, night when it’s turned on. I don’t give out my # since the cell company seems to do that for me. If my ringtone is Bad Moon Rising, then I don’t answer as you are unknown.
When I'm away for two weeks at work on the slope, my wife and I text a lot. Several of my friends also text me while I'm at work. They all know I may not be able to take a call but I'll get back with them as soon as possible. When I'm home the number of texts drop off to almost none. My friends either call or stop by and my wife is within earshot most of the time.
If I get more then 10 it I would drive over my Iphone
Not many 10ish most work related, but I get 100+ work emails a day.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Me? About 150 laugh

How do you get anything done having to deal with 150 texts a day???
Today I normally less than 5, years ago all I.T. Alerts at work went out by text a system outage generated 22,000 on a weekend and this was back when you were charged by the text. Got an ATT bill for $$$$. Called ATT and convinced them it was an an billing error and they billed my normal amount.
Sometimes the dank meme group chat is good for 100+ a day on its own
One or two!
Depends on how bad a certain family member is "sundowning” of an evening. Sometimes it requires a complete iphone shutdown.

Seriously.
I'm getting off the wall solicitations and junk texts. That's half of my in-flow.

I've had this number since 2002.

Can't really switch it out, it's tied to a business.
My wife, my son,my daughter and my best friend are about the only people I text. I’d say most days I get 20 texts on average.
One, if I'm unlucky.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

Me? About 150 laugh

How do you get anything done having to deal with 150 texts a day???

Get off the tractor, look at phone- see 9 new notification

Open them, scroll, boom, delete , some I immediately initiate block

Running saws, equipment for another couple hours, same deal- 10--15 new ones.

It aint that hard.

I wonder how people on this forum can be a dentist, doctor, etc and make 50-100 posts a day, some long winded political commentary and hand-wringing and engaging other posters.

I take a 5 second peek at my phone about every 20-30 minutes, when/if I'm idle. Like right now.

Zero. Send out zero.
I've got 4 messages on mine now that I haven't answered for a week now. I'm in hiding most of the time. Classic case of burnout.
Do flip phones get text mms ? I can't remember.

😄
For all practical purposes, ZERO. My kids all know I don't do text. They may send a message on rare occasion but they know I will not text back, mostly because my fat fingers make a bitch trying type on the damned thing. So, I just don't do it.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by poboy
Zero. Send out zero.

This
Zero. Send out zero.

I can hook you up😄

But it might be some all day trash talk about Allabama, Florida and Tenn college football
Originally Posted by 700LH
0-10, I have learned from email for the past 20 some years to be very careful who gets my phone number and damn few people get it

This ^

Fing hate hearing that “ding”
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've got 4 messages on mine now that I haven't answered for a week now. I'm in hiding most of the time. Classic case of burnout.

Good business model.
Between work and personal I'd say 50 a day. Doesn't take much to hit 100 though.

Groups texts during playoffs get a little obscene. But necessary.
Originally Posted by deflave
Between work and personal I'd say 50 a day. Doesn't take much to hit 100 though.

Womens World Cup Soccer?
What's a text?
Originally Posted by Raeford

Womens World Cup Soccer?

That's Mr. Alaska's forte.
Almost none. I don’t return them, so folks have learned not to send them. People that want to reach me, including customers, have learned to call me.
10 to 20
Few dozen
I may receive 3 or 4 a month. Maybe a few more if someone is haveing health issues that I am being kept abreast of... I NEVER send any text messages period, and don't plan on starting.
I have a flip phone that I use for my business.
Originally Posted by 700LH

+1

Didn't get a smart phone until after I retired. Told them at work that my old flip phone didn't do text. Saved me from hundreds of "to all" texts that didn't apply to me. If they really needed to get a hold of me they did have my phone number.
I actually prefer text in most comms.

I have one bud that is like Boomhauer, I can't be on the phone with him. He gets to rambling about transmissions, tunnel rams, super chargers,

Holy crap...text is way better with him 😄

Same with my hayseed mother in law- bless her heart, she sounds like minnie mouse with tourrette's syndrome. crazy
Slumlord: Me = zero.
I use the "old fashioned" cell phone to communicate verbally.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Then I got another bud

He will call with one of these "you wont believe what I seen today, a lincoln town car with a 16ft trailer with 3 rolls of hay, guy driving looked like kenny rogers"

Good dude, but.....

I hate to say I sometimes screen his call, but it helps

If he has a good deal for me, he will text but he doesnt like it. But he will

Interesting. I didn't know there were 100 Bears fans. Good to know.

Of course, not a lot of Bear playoffs, so you have that going for you.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

LOL. He probably gets a lot of Gay Jay Cutler memes
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

LOL. He probably gets a lot of Gay Jay Cutler memes

[Linked Image]
30-40 average
Traveling maybe 30 a day. At home less that that in a week. The answer is just don't reply, people lose interest pretty quick
I absolutely abhor talking on the phone. Hate it.

I don’t mind texts. I can do with them as I please.

Read em or ignore.
0.5 unless one of my yacky sisters fires up the family group texting to plan something or the hunting group is active.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I absolutely abhor talking on the phone. Hate it.

I don’t mind texts. I can do with them as I please.

Read em or ignore.

Me too!
Zero to maybe zero point 1.

Maybe half call per day. Maybe.
2-3 texts per day on average
Most are meaningful
I get 10 plus phone calls a day that I don’t answer
If you’re not in my phone directory, I’ll never answer
Leave a message please
Maybe 10 per week at the most; and once in a while I even text someone, like if I wanna reach my son or step daughter who never answer their phone but always return a text message promptly.
<1 average, and then only when my wife is a talking mood and I'm not home.
4-5 a week

People who know me know that they need to talk to me, not message me.

80% of my text work related. Maybe even more. Loud and big factory......only way to get info passed in timely fashion.

Could be two texts a day at work.....a couple from kid or ol lady. Could be dozens from each
Today i have had zero so far.....but am heading in
Originally Posted by luv2safari
4-5 a week

People who know me know that they need to talk to me, not message me.

This, except my count is about 1 per month.

I look at and delete all of my emails about once every ninety days. If you want to talk to me, you know where I live.
Texting constantly while fishing—might have 3 or 4 boats out—way more private than VHF radio.
Depends on who's drinkin and who ain't.
Depends on how many women I'm courting. some days I can have 100 texts and some days its half that many.
I win old telecom technology bragging rights for however much that counts in peoples minds....
Just gotta let the line go limp and I don't have ta deal with schitttt.

1st in things that dont count.
Whooptefuggingdo........

Mike drop......

One is too many!
Have people lost the ability to talk?
That phone thing will actually transmit sound, you know
just depends what i have going on.
Average probably runs less than one a day...
Didn't like them when they first came out but was forced to deal with it for work. Shortly after I was with the program. Get back when/if you can, don't listen to long drawn out conversations where 5% of them is all you needed to hear. Now that the only work is what I feel like doing I don't get as many average maybe a dozen no more than 50.
Yes. Text is a gift from God.

I think it was around 2007 or so that I just didn't get it. Seemed like regression in communication. But after BlackBerry's became an every day work item I was on board.

Makes time management 1,000 times easier. And if something is urgent it's nothing to type out a simple answer and resolve the issue as opposed to standing up, walking out and taking a call.

People that use voicemail should be beaten to death.
Most days none. Some days 1-2.

A couple of buds may send the odd picture or a link to video

Fridays I may get 10-12, all about a weekly meeting and what excuses guys are using to avoid it...
Yes. Text is a gift from God.

Texts are black and white simple. Documented communications.

Joe- "We fishing Saturday morning?"

Bob- "Yeah. Be here at 6"

Aint no "I thought you said 7" bullshit
ZERO!!

And that's the way I like it.
About 10-15. All from the ol lady. Never fails, at the worst times too. As soon as I drop my pants and get ready to sit on the pot, the second I turn on a piece of equipment, when I'm trying to put the little one down for her nap, etc, etc. Sometimes I think she has cams in the house and shop and watches from an app on her phone and waits just to f with me.
1 or 2 on most days.
22 emails topics yesterday, but some went back and forth inside of that.
0 texts yesterday
54 youtube videos watched yesterday
400 web site pages visited per Chrome history yesterday
Average would be around 1....maybe a little less than that. .Just looked through my messages, I had 4 last week....3 from the little woman and 1 from work.
Zero. I do not even check my phone for such but do answer at my office and at home if one wants to talk. I do, however, do e-mail checking about 3 times a day.
Originally Posted by fubarguy
One is too many!

If you have a hearing problem, being able to communicate with texts is a blessing.
One or two, usually love notes from Wife, 5-10 as hunting season nears.

😄

Bro, they do......laughing

But they don't handle emoji's worth a chit. The funny little faces show up as bunch of weird symbols that resemble ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Originally Posted by gunner500

I could arrange for a bunch here to send you a couple of love notes each day so you don't get to feeling to lonely out on the tractor........ grin
Originally Posted by SamOlson

😄

But they don't handle emoji's worth a chit. The funny little faces show up as bunch of weird symbols that resemble ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.

That explains your non-response to my dick pics.

Forgiven.
Is that what 'that' was?!

Dude, I was briefly part of a group text. Bunch of my old perverted buddies from 15-20 years ago.

I finally had to tell them sorry but my flip phone can't handle this chit.

Squint at the tiny screen and try to figure out what in the fuuck is 'that'!

Super dirty bastards.
When i was part of the 200-300 a day club

I had dirty rotten bastards sendin each other pics of cosby kids when they dropped em' of at the pool

extra points for a dry docked 'horse shoe'

Get a pic like that pop up in a project mgr meeting in front of fema and two teams of engineers. laugh crazy

Dude......

laughing!
Disgraceful.
Depends on the day.
Be the only one in a conference room staring down the floor trying not to laugh while fema says they ain't gonna us the $480 million for a water treatment plant.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

😄

Mine does but I'm the only one who knows it does. What's an emoji?
Smiley face thingy
💩🙉🏃🏿🦄
Good way to butch up you know.

Poop and Unicorn emoji's.......
.01736559/day on average.
2 per week is a big week for me.
Originally Posted by fubarguy
One is too many!
Assuming you have the ability to hear it. My hearing aids and speakers don't do well together.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I could arrange for a bunch here to send you a couple of love notes each day so you don't get to feeling to lonely out on the tractor........ grin

LOL, no thanks Mag, I fuggin hate when that communist made piece of trash cell goes off, for any reason ; ]

Me? About 150 laugh

None, people quickly learn I do not respond to them.
gotdamn grown men walking around pecking and staring at those sombitches like they're a lifeline to survival itself, reminds me of a bunch of pups fighting and whining to get to one of mamas titty milk nipples! crazy

Me? About 150 laugh

gotdamn grown men walking around pecking and staring at those sombitches like they're a lifeline to survival itself, reminds me of a bunch of pups fighting and whining to get to one of mamas titty milk nipples! crazy

Work asked for my mobile number that they may contact me, I told that was pointless as I do not answer any calls that are not from either my wife or our daughter.

They have not asked again.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Work asked for my mobile number that they may contact me, I told that was pointless as I do not answer any calls that are not from either my wife or our daughter.

When I was in the AF as a Flight Chief my LT asked me why they could never get a hold of me on my day off. (Like I was going to hang by the phone waiting in great anticipation for him to call.) I mentioned I have things to do, but always call him back. I said if he wants to issue me a cell phone I will carry it where ever I go. Of course there was no cell service in the mtns then. He never mentioned it again.

Look at the plus side, so many of them get mowed down in crosswalks . Darwin rules

Must be nice to be not needed.

Yup, I get bumps on a sat phone for anything important, the rest is mainly mental masturbation bullchit from old retired bored folk, i'll be there someday.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Look at the plus side, so many of them get mowed down in crosswalks . Darwin rules

Ya, and fall face first down a flight of subway stairs. crazy

Ya, and fall face first down a flight of subway stairs. crazy

saw it! grin

I can't say I use a phone while I'm walking but some people have these things referred to as "jobs." When you have a "job" in 2019 you're expected to respond when questions are asked of you.

Tough concept. I know.

Must be nice to be not needed.

Considering that at the time I had just completed 21 days out of 23 I wasn't really caring too much...if they want me they know where I live, or they can talk to me tomorrow.

Considering that at the time I had just completed 21 days out of 23 I wasn't really caring too much...if they want me they know where I live, or they can talk to me tomorrow.

That's gotta be pretty nice.
Same for me one day, I was elbow deep in grease under a tractor, cell was out on the step of the tractor, that sombitch went off six times in 5 minutes, I thought oh chit, crawled out, grabbed a rag and wiped off the best I could, saw I had missed 6 calls from a bud.

Called him back, WHATS THE MATTER BUDDY!?? {I thought the fugger must have been a ditch with a truck on his head to call like that}..................what are you doing he said?...........................I said, I'm going to shower, drive over and shoot you right in the balls with this 45, what the fu-k do you want?, nothing, what's up? mad mad people can be more than a little past brain dead when it comes to cell phones.
Same for me one day, I was elbow deep in grease under a tractor, cell was out on the step of the tractor, that sombitch went off six times in 5 minutes, I thought oh chit, crawled out, grabbed a rag and wiped off the best I could, saw I had missed 6 calls from a bud.

Called him back, WHATS THE MATTER BUDDY!?? {I thought the fugger must have been a ditch with a truck on his head to call like that}..................what are you doing he said?...........................I said, I'm going to shower, drive over and shoot you right in the balls with this 45, what the fu-k do you want?, nothing, what's up? mad mad people can be more than a little past brain dead when it comes to cell phones.

Sounds like a cell phone issue for sure.

I like my system, I charge the phone when I am working so my girls can contact me if needed, and leave it in my work bag when I get any days off.

Seems to be working just fine.
4 a day is a lot.

I like my system, I charge the phone when I am working so my girls can contact me if needed, and leave it in my work bag when I get any days off.

Seems to be working just fine.

Must be nice.

I can't say I use a phone while I'm walking but some people have these things referred to as "jobs." When you have a "job" in 2019 you're expected to respond when questions are asked of you.

Tough concept. I know.

Don't usually answer a call when crossing a street , nothing worth that.

Yeah that's akin to eating a ham sandwich while you drive down the road.

Deadly.
less than 1 /day
Originally Posted by shaman
less than 1 /day

Knock me over with a feather.

Deadly.

Miami for sure
Deeeeadly.
Deeeeadly.

Yep ...texting while driving is a NO-NO as well
Yeah I could never swing that.

Instant death.
Yeah I could never swing that.

Instant death.

Yep ..Don't be that guy
Never.

Why shower to go shoot somebody in the balls? smile

Womens World Cup Soccer?

Mr. Alaska's forte.

GFY.

Deadly.

But if it's a Cuban pork sammie.......
Nada, zip. I dont have a cell phone. If they want to get ahold of me, then they can call the phone that has a cord that disappears into the wall.
I don't txt, have a flip phone and my shop office computer. I check my PMs here once a month, no "voice" mail or "e" mail. I use real mail.

Deadly.

But if it's a Cuban pork sammie.......

Or a Cuban Coffee then we are talking.
Schittttttt....

Everyone is texting each other right now if ya think about it.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Schittttttt....

not me.
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Schittttttt....

not me.

Me either.

In fact, I think I'm going to put everyone on this site on ignore just so I can drink my shidt coffee in peace!!!!!
I don't do the face chats and snap tweets either. No instant grams, none of it.

Catch me on the Ham radio or ring me up on the talking wires. (my g'damn house phone!)
Dave,

Was looking into a homing pigeon but remembered I'm not black.
Smoke signal me. I have a joke I can't tell here.
[bleep], the wind is all wrong.

I wish I knew the snapper chats.
[bleep], the wind is all wrong.

I wish I knew the snapper chats.

I'll mail my sister in TRF. She should get that on Monday and then she can mail it to you and you will get it on Wednesday.
Damn thats good thinking.
I will make a cassette recording of all the things i want to tell you and I'll mail it to you. You can play it and listen. Then make a reply tape for.me and mail it to me.

We dont need face grams.
Probably around 10 to 20 per day. Friends looking for fishing information mostly..
I will make a cassette recording of all the things i want to tell you and I'll mail it to you. You can play it and listen. Then make a reply tape for.me and mail it to me.

We dont need face grams.

Hell no we don't! We got mail!!

I never listen to a voice mail. I get to hear what they wanted, and then when I call back, I get to hear it again.
Zero.
Do all you people live in a beaver den?

I don't think I've ever met a person that doesn't text.
I know people that dont text
You said beaver den.was that a shot at Roy?
When my nieces & nephews all got their first cellphones, right when texting first became popular, dumb ole redneck me asked my little brother why in the world were the kids doing that when they got a phone they could be talking on ???

Little brother just looked at me and laughed and said
“So their PARENTS don’t hear what they’re saying” ! 🤠
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I know people that dont text

Are they dead or from the south?
Originally Posted by Whelenman
One or two!

I might get 2 a month. or none.
Most of the people I know have learned to text me if they want a response. Close family member I might answer a call from, but work calls get ignored. I already know what the call is about 99% of the time, and I also know that it will rarely require more than one,maybe 2 words from me to answer the questions being asked. They'll want to know if I'm done a job, or if I can go out on a job. I'll say yea or no, and that's it. If the boss calls, I know he's gonna prattle on about something for a few minutes at least because people seem to feel like they need to make the phone call seem worthwhile. I don't wanna talk nonsense with anyone for a few minutes, so I ignore the call, he texts, I answer, everyone is happy.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Most of the people I know have learned to text me if they want a response. Close family member I might answer a call from, but work calls get ignored. I already know what the call is about 99% of the time, and I also know that it will rarely require more than one,maybe 2 words from me to answer the questions being asked. They'll want to know if I'm done a job, or if I can go out on a job. I'll say yea or no, and that's it. If the boss calls, I know he's gonna prattle on about something for a few minutes at least because people seem to feel like they need to make the phone call seem worthwhile. I don't wanna talk nonsense with anyone for a few minutes, so I ignore the call, he texts, I answer, everyone is happy.

Same.

E-mails too.
Text is just so much easier. ESPECIALLY the voice-to-text feature.

Key the mic, speak your message and send

Or just ask Siri to bust open your contact list and tell her your message and she fires it to them.

So easy a cave man could do it.

Texting is awesome, it keeps me from getting sucked into the vortex of some old dumbfûck's John Wayne movie story or having to listen to their complaining. Unlike an actual over the phone conversation.

Just the cliff notes

Text is just so much easier. ESPECIALLY the voice-to-text feature.

Key the mic, speak your message and send

Or just ask Siri to bust open your contact list and tell her your message and she fires it to them.

So easy a cave man could do it.

Yep. I use that feature a lot on my iPhone

laugh laugh laugh

IO has stopped production of AK,s last year supposedly.
Web firearms sites are full of em used .
People asking top dollar for em tooo.

They seem to languish on sites for a long time!!!

Want us to follow your channel or slumthing?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Want us to follow your channel or slumthing?

That’s not Rene. 😳
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Zero. Send out zero.

This

+3 Zero and send zero. Big waste of time and much of it is rudely done in others presence. GW
Zero! Don't have an electronic leash.

Me? About 150 laugh

ZERO here - I have that crap disabled... But that's just me.. smile
I tossed our land line in the garbage can long about 2003

Have not used a 'desktop' or laptop computer in almost 4 years.

Like I said text is better for me, keeps me getting sucked into Guns Of Navarone movies stories with some old guys I know.

Text....."hey do you need some hickory slabs".....

Me/ ......yes

Text......"meet me down at the sawmill in 2 hours"

Me ....ok

------------------------

Eliminates all that jive on the phone about ....boy we sure need rain i tell ya, milk was $299 a gallon, i been down in my back

Yawn!!!! Get to skip all that retardism.

My dad is 71 and texts me and rest of the family couple times a say. Get to skip all the viet nam stories I've heard 23,000 fuggin times.

👍👍👍
Lee van cleef movie fest on Turner today!!!
Dad texts are the best. They usually include a pic, price and the question “is this a good deal?”
Maybe I should learn the txt.
Maybe I should learn the txt.

You can send pics to your wife.

All day.

It's great.
Dad texts are the best. They usually include a pic, price and the question “is this a good deal?”

Sure wish my dad would text, his current ms. doesn't allow it as she uses 17 folk worth of data.

He calls, I don't answer, he leaves VM and the 1st thing he says is 'hi xxxx this is dad'....every time.

I'm like dad there is this feature called 'missed call', I know that you called and I call you back every time.
"Oh yeah, I forget".
I don't have voicemail activated on my personal cell. Haven't for years.
© 24hourcampfire