Posted By: BKinSD Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/ford-v-ferrari

This looks like a movie I could really enjoy
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19

Is hollywood so will be bullshit.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Is Vin Diesl driving one of them?

If so - count me out.

In fact Christian Bale and Matt Damon leave me......sorta....

Now if it was Steve McQueen and Gene Hackman driving - then you would have something.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Is hollywood so will be bullshit.

Probably. Might still be entertaining
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Is Vin Diesl driving one of them?

If so - count me out.

In fact Christian Bale and Matt Damon leave me......sorta....

Now if it was Steve McQueen and Gene Hackman driving - then you would have something.

McQueen would be awesome !
But I don't think he's available!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
The latest issue of Golf magazine has a back-page interview with Sir Jackie where he states that the fastest he ever drove a car was 242 mph in a GT40.
Posted By: ftbt Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The latest issue of Golf magazine has a back-page interview with Sir Jackie where he states that the fastest he ever drove a car was 242 mph in a GT40.

Ford has a design center in Irvine, California. On Saturday mornings there there used to a loosely organized, ad-hoc car show called “Cars and Coffee” in the parking lot of the Design Center. Everything from exotics, to race cars, to muscle cars. It was free and open to anyone who wanted to show their ride for a few hours on Saturday morning.

I’ll never forget one time I went. There was an original Ford GT40 with a “Gurney Bubble” in the roof (added by Ford so that the car could be driven by Dan Gurney who was quite tall.) that the owner had on display. Well ... guess who was at the car show and standing next to the GT40 (admiring the car with the rest of us?) ..... the MAN himself .... Dan Gurney! I’ve got a picture of it somewhere.

[Linked Image from thetruthaboutcars.com]

[Linked Image from thetruthaboutcars.com]

Gurney taking the checkered flag at LeMans in 1967.

See:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/gone-but-never-forgotten-irvine-cars-coffee/

Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Thanks BK, this is something that I would like to see now rather than waiting for late night tv. This was taking place at about the same time I was getting really interested in cars, in particular fast cars. Ford did pour a lot of money into racing, and at the time Ford was winning the races I was following - mostly sprint cars on dirt tracks.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
As a semi Ford fan, and a car nut, it's definitely on my list.
But Wifey's got very little interest in cars, and none in automotive history. It's seldom we go to the movies, so really the only one on our radar currently is "Zombieland Double Tap".
I'll probably pick up the DVD and watch it when she's busy sometime.
7mm
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
If i could get one i would love a GT-40.

Liked them when they first came out.
Posted By: tzone Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by BKinSD
https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/ford-v-ferrari

This looks like a movie I could really enjoy

Looks like a good one to me!
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
BKinSD: I am eagerly awaiting this movie myself.
Seen the previews on the big screen and was impressed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: rte Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Posted By: StGeorger Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Can't wait to see the movie. Sat in a then new GT40 displayed at Dallas Ford in Sioux City, Iowa back in the mid 60s.
Posted By: LovesLevers Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
I'll be seeing it:)
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
The thought of Carroll Shelby being played by Matt Damon makes me ill to the point of almost puking.
Posted By: hanco Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The thought of Carroll Shelby being played by Matt Damon makes me ill to the point of almost puking.

Me too
Posted By: GrandView Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by ftbt

[Linked Image from thetruthaboutcars.com</div><div class=" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Gurney taking the checkered flag at LeMans in 1967.

AJ Foyt was driving at the checkered flag.
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
Don’t know if I’ll get out for the film, but I’ve seen Carolla’s documentary on Ford v Ferrari. It’s quite good.

The 24 Hour War
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Ford v Ferrari - 09/26/19
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13872514/1
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Ford v Ferrari - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Me too

Yes but not as bad as Alec Baldwin playing Jimmy Doo....oops just threw up... a little........
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Ford v Ferrari - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

McQueen would be awesome !
But I don't think he's available!

He ded?
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Ford v Ferrari - 10/01/19

Let's hope it's better than Days Of Thunder........at least its got Matt Damon in it.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Ford v Ferrari - 10/01/19
After living in Motown in my youth, seeing my friends muscle cars, Hemingway Chargers, Hemi Cudas, 442’s, Camarillo SS, I wouldn’t miss it. And yes I would rather see someone else playing Carroll Shelby.
Posted By: ME109 Re: Ford v Ferrari - 10/01/19
Christian Bale, Matt Damon and Hollywood............how many minutes in before they try to suk each others dik?
Posted By: Snipebander Re: Ford v Ferrari - 10/01/19
For any of you who want one, Holman Moody will build you a NEW GT-40 MK II (427) from their original plans with original floor pan.
Just supply money !!!!!! www.holmanmoody.com autosales
© 24hourcampfire