Home
Posted By: 7mmStwer Who can you really trust ?? - 11/12/19
So who is it?? When My Elderly In-laws were in nursing homes, my wife and sister-in-law started to take over for them. My Sis-in-law took over their bills and accounts. Her "spread sheets" started to look weird so my wife called the bank. Over a period of 4 months, my sis-in-law had scarfed about $20,000 from my In-laws accounts. My wife had to take control over the accounts and block her ability to steal. If not for our in-laws not wanting to be embarrassed, we would of had her arrested. Blood is thicker than water UNTIL money is involved !! Our son has had 3 different roommates steal from him as he is a compulsive saver but hates banks - hard lessons to learn. When we had our business, we would find cash, wallets and phones quite often. We worked hard trying to return all the items. One guy came in to get his lost wallet and was mouthing off about his cash being gone from it until he opened it up and it all was there - he did not apologize - just kinda slinked out.

For me, I trust my wife totally. She is our money manager and has put us in a great place with my help. I love to work and earn money, but hate paperwork.

So, Who do YOU trust ??
I do not know, but, it is always about the money!
Your making a big mistake not calling the police on your relatives. You enabling them to steal from the next sucker. If they are convicted they will have a felony on their record and be unable to get a job handling money.
nobody. before i go into a nursing home i'll leave the car running in the garage.
Proverbs 3:5 does it for me
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
I trust my wife implicitly.

I trust my teen aged kids as far as money goes.

Beyond that, I probably would trust my sister and mother to not take anything, but maybe not make the best financial decisions.

I think I would trust one of the attorneys I use. That would be about it.
Leighton Honda and maybe 3 other people.
"The Warden" and the 2 kids.
Raised all of them up right (married her when she was 17 ) smile smile smile
Wife, one sister, mother, some friends I would trust with everything.
Slumlord and Deflave.
DeFlave, he said he would give me my money back just as soon as he gets back from this secret mission he is on.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Slumlord and Deflave.

I don't even worry any more when Travis doesn't send me a receipt for my annual membership fee to the Campfire. It's best this way he said and I have no reason to doubt it...

Used to trust myself. Can't find anything I store or hide anymore. Won't matter when I have full fledged old timers. GW
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer

So, Who do YOU trust ??
My wife, my son and his wife, and my sister and BIL... I'm lucky I guess...

I'd trust myself, but at my age I can't remember why.. laugh laugh
Posted By: hanco Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
Wifey and the children
I trust the Government... that is why I give them 50% of every dollar I earn.

NOT...

The rest according to Psalm 37:3... goes to those that I hold dear and help keep our path righteous.
I'd report her to the authorities unless she returned the money. If they run out, and have to go on Medicaid, the gummint will want to know where every penny went for the previous five years.
There is a reason for revocable trusts. If you don't have one, maybe you should.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
DTA, don't trust anybody! Cause Stone Cold said so!
Posted By: papat Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
Absolutely nobody. Just the way it is.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
This guy. That is all.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hell, I trust everyone but still brand my calves.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Slumlord and Deflave.

Nah.....Rene.
With money 6-7

For SSS 3
My god what an animal ingwe. 👍🏻
Have seen what dying relatives and the leeches outta the wood work are capable of.
Repeat since the dawn of time across the human race.

Funny thing is when ya tell people what needs ta happen to prevent what is gonna happen.
And then it all happens.
People then play all aloof that what you said was never said.
Cause they feel stupid they didnt listen to a fugging thing you said and now it is biting em in the ass.

My predictometer is 99.99% accurate.
And people hate it.
LMFAO!!!!

Saying you trust and having someone earning your trust are 2 different things.
Originally Posted by ingwe
This guy. That is all.

Awesome and impressive dog!!!
Dogs will lay down their life for their humans against other humans and animals.
Nuff said....
My wife and son %100, not sure if it's reciprocal though...wife recently informed me that she has been saving[cash], I figured a few $100's.
She said go look in the safe behind X, 3-4 wads of $50's & 100's that would choke Moochelle O.
Attagirl!
Now I occasionally tell her that I needed some cash but no worries as I left a IOU.
This guy. That is all.

He'll lay down his life to protect you, but I wouldn't trust him with your steak.
Money money money hubba hubba hubba
Who can you truuuuuuust

Me? Im down here on the street giving away free money

And where- and where... Is the Batman???!!

HES AT HOME!!!!WASHIN HIS TIGHTS!!!!!
Posted By: RickyD Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
DeFlave, he said he would give me my money back just as soon as he gets back from this secret mission he is on.

I read he perished on his petard.
I have a friend that has a key to my house. Our wive's do not understand our friendship. His wife asked well, what if he steals your stuff? And my wife responded yeah, what about that? I said that's not possible because stealing is taking something without permission and if he needs something from my house he is welcome to it.
I trust that Sacharlie and Paddler will forever remain retarded.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
With my life, health and earthly stuff, I fully trust my wife and kids as well as some others in the family. Have never sought or cultivated friends of any number. Any close friendships have been invested and developed very carefully. I enjoy a very small number of close friends primarily because they tend to bring out the best in me - and I trust them deeply.

While in leadership positions, I deliberately engaged a positive approach to trust and teamwork - but violation of trust was summarily consequential. .
Posted By: EdM Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
My wife and three sons.
My wife and kids.

Mom and Dad.

A couple of people I grew up with.

How about this question..........who would you have raise your kids if something happened to you and your wife?
My wife and a couple of Army buddies. I trusted my brother before he was killed in a car accident and I believe he trusted me, because my wife and I are raising his son, Jacob and taking care of his dog, Ike.

My dad and one of my brothers.
Posted By: hatari Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by bucktail
This guy. That is all.

He'll lay down his life to protect you, but I wouldn't trust him with your steak.

You just summed up my Norwegian Elkhounds! They'd beg forgiveness and be very contrite though. "The devil made me do it" would be the defense. smile smile
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey and the children

same same. 100%
I should of Added my two oldest sons to my list. Got access to both of their bank accounts as they are often out of town ans need $$$ moved around. And of course, they have a key to my house whenever they need something when I am not home. Because we live on a lake, they often move in when we are gone.

LOVE the Dog.

Yes 19352012, i worked for a guy and had keys to everything he owned including his own house and vehicles. Only worked for him in the summer but had his keys for the full year round for about 20 years. And I agree with CCCC, I have very few really close and deeply trusted friends among all the "friends" that I have.
Most of my family and and several friends. I consider myself lucky.

mike r
Posted By: EdM Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/14/19
Great question that I no longer have to manage as my youngest son is 21. That said, my answer 20 years ago is not the same today...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Who can you really trust ?? - 11/14/19
Originally Posted by bucktail
This guy. That is all.

Actually...you could..he's pretty well 'proofed' on food. As a test a couple times I left two open bags of garbage on the floor...came back 4 hours later...untouched. Likewise his food and treats, both remain sitting open on the floor 24/7...he has the run of the house as part of his job is to guard it.
I trust Mark and Toby!!!
awwwwwwwwwwe shucks Boss.
© 24hourcampfire