Home
Posted By: Oldman03 How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
I paid for 2 day delivery on a package that showed up 5 days late. When the pkg was 3 days late, I called the customer service people and they suggested I file a claim for a 'non delivered pkg'. So, I filed a claim, stating that the pkg hadn't arrived. Below is the response I received today. They cant even get their complaints sent to the right country.

FedEx Query xxxxxxxxx -
Yahoo
/
Inbox

[email protected] <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]
Cc:
my [email protected]

Dec 20 at 6:14 AM

Dear Team

Online MBG/Claim received to the UK in error

Awb # xxxxxxxxxx

Customer Name: My name

Customer Email: my [email protected]

Customer Telephone Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards

Samantha Duffy
UK Claims Agent

FedEx Express
Tel: 03456 07 08 09
Email: [email protected]
Web: fedex.com/gb/billingenquiry
Fax: 0247 670 2739
Stop paper invoices now and sign up for FedEx Billing Online at fedex.com/gb/account/fbo or call Customer Services.
Did FedEx make it right?
They are every bit as screwed up as you think they are. Probably even more so.
Posted By: poboy Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Maybe they didn't know it is the busy season.
Posted By: slumlord Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Fleshlight? lol
Posted By: RandyR Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
FedEz actually delivered a package in a very timely manner last week, they have no fuggin idea where the contents went so the seller did give me a refund at least.
Posted By: hanco Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Sorry, glad you got a refund
Posted By: Pat85 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Vendor shiped a package to me with one day shipping. It arrived 5 business days later.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
UPS, USPS are right on time with their delivery estimates.
Posted By: Puddle Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Around my neck of the woods FedEx is so screwed up I've now quite buying ammo from a particular supplier as FedEx is their only shipping option.

I also took the time to tell them why when they contacted me to ask why I hadn't sent in an order lately....
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Did FedEx make it right?

Sorry, glad you got a refund

No,no.no. This is the first response to my complaint. I guess I gotta do it again or eat the extra expense. I'll probably just let it go. I'm better off than RandyR, I did get the pkg and contents.
Don't know,
But saw something on Facebook about a
FedEx driver shooting an attempted robber.

That's not screwed up.
That's great.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/20/19
Twice in the last few months I’ve had packages that tracking said delivered when it wasn’t. Driver said left at front door, which requires climbing a tall staircase, so I know it’s bs. Filed a complaint both times and got the package 2-3 days later. Will never use them if there’s another option.
Originally Posted by RandyR
FedEz actually delivered a package in a very timely manner last week, they have no fuggin idea where the contents went so the seller did give me a refund at least.

lololol
30lb box, shipped from AL to ID on the 16th. Arrived today, 20th, in good shape.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
30lb box, shipped from AL to ID on the 16th. Arrived today, 20th, in good shape.

Mine was a 1 1/2 lb. box sent from Ark. to La. Took 7 days. The box got to Monroe, La. on time according to the tracking, but it took 5 days to get it the last 45 miles.
Fed Ex shipped a dual hydraulic hose kit to me. It wasn't cheap. About $400 IIRC.

It said "Delivered"... Umm... No it wasn't.

I called Fed Ex, and they sent the driver over to my house again. No package. Driver told me he didn't know where it was. File a claim.

I did... Filed the claim right away.

Next day the coal electric plant about 10 miles down the road called to ask me if I was expecting a pkg from Fed Ex? Um... Yes. They told me to come get it. I did. Had MY address right there, and thank God, my phone number as well...

I never heard Boo about the claim for the lost $400 kit from FedEx. I checked the claim months later and it was still in limbo.

Fug FedEx. mad
Posted By: auk1124 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Fed Ex shipped a dual hydraulic hose kit to me. It wasn't cheap. About $400 IIRC.

It said "Delivered"... Umm... No it wasn't.

I called Fed Ex, and they sent the driver over to my house again. No package. Driver told me he didn't know where it was. File a claim.

I did... Filed the claim right away.

Next day the coal electric plant about 10 miles down the road called to ask me if I was expecting a pkg from Fed Ex? Um... Yes. They told me to come get it. I did. Had MY address right there, and thank God, my phone number as well...

I never heard Boo about the claim for the lost $400 kit from FedEx. I checked the claim months later and it was still in limbo.

Fug FedEx. mad

Similar scenario has happened to me multiple times. If a retailer's only shipping option is FeebEx, I shop elsewhere.
Posted By: 700LH Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
90# box arrived in Boise Saturday, to be delivered here Monday, finally arrived late Wednesday, was ripped and torn looked like it had been dropped at least once, thankfully cardboard and styrofoam had surprisingly cushined the contents.
Posted By: ridge Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
I've dealt with corporate accounts with both UPS and Fedex. Fedex sucks, at all levels, and there are many.

Fedex Ground, Fedex Express, and Fedex Freight are 3 different companies. God help you if ever a a Ground or Express package is inadvertently picked up by the wrong driver, and it happens more often than you think.

To make matters worse, the Ground routes are independently owned, and further subcontracted to whatever flunkies the owner(s) see fit. They aren't company men in any sense of the word. More like part time day laborers.
Posted By: EdM Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Never really had an issue with them or the others.
Originally Posted by EdM

You, my friend, are extremely lucky. Bought any lottery tickets lately? grin
Ring video doorbell helps with video evidence
Originally Posted by EdM

Same here. At least so far.
Posted By: cuznguido Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Fed ex has pure junk for delivery trucks and I doubt that I have ever seen the same delivery guy twice.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Funny, watching tracking, I order coffee from eastern PA, it goes to Newark then to Tennessee then back to PA. I wouldn’t invest money in this company.
Posted By: ring3 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Multiple problems here with FedEx. Ordered 22 ammo a few years back. Tracking said it was delivered but it wasn’t delivered to my address. No idea where or who got it. Shipper (Bud’s) sent out replacement after I spent the time filing a claim with FedEx which was a PITA.

Year or so later tracking said another package had been delivered. It was, to an address about 15 miles away. We tracked it down and retrieved it. Seems somehow the delivery address had been changed in transit. After multiple calls I was told they did not know why the address was changed in there system. Additionally, they couldn’t remove the change for future shipments. I went up the chain by telephone as far as they let me. Finally got someone in Cincinnati who claimed to be a Vice President. She said the problem was with a third party application and couldn’t be changed. They would alert the contracted delivery outfit of the issue and “hopefully” this would get things delivered properly.

I now avoid FedEx at every opportunity. If they are the only option and there use is absolutely necessary we ship to a relative and retrieve the shipment sometime after it arrives.
It's not always their fault. I had a package delivered to the wrong house. Correct address on the box, but left at the wrong place. The residents at the wrong house gave it to their 6 year old son to run it over to my place. The 6 year old got distracted by something as they often will and set the box down in the garage. Four days later the dad finds it in the garage and brings it over. smile

That said, I had some ammo delivered earlier this week and the box was so damaged that the carrier had to re-box it. Some of the plastic boxes of Federal HST handgun ammo were destroyed and ammo was loose in the outer box. Would like to know how they could do that much damage accidentally.
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
It's not always their fault. I had a package delivered to the wrong house. Correct address on the box, but left at the wrong place. The residents at the wrong house gave it to their 6 year old son to run it over to my place. The 6 year old got distracted by something as they often will and set the box down in the garage. Four days later the dad finds it in the garage and brings it over. smile

That said, I had some ammo delivered earlier this week and the box was so damaged that the carrier had to re-box it. Some of the plastic boxes of Federal HST handgun ammo were destroyed and ammo was loose in the outer box. Would like to know how they could do that much damage accidentally.

Gorillas.
Posted By: skeen Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by EdM

Yeah, crazy, me neither.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Don't know how many of you ever had any dealings years ago with a company called Airborne Express, but my experiences with them made Fed-Ex look like a winner. I never pick Fed-Ex if I have a choice, and if ordering something over the phone, I will always ask who their shipper is, and if they say "Fed-Ex," I'll say "no thanks," I'll shop elsewhere.
Posted By: JeffA Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by EdM

Yeah, crazy, me neither.

The majority of my shopping was done via mail order prior to internet options due to remote living, everything from food to clothing has always come in the mail so to speak.

As a result I've had more than the average amount of shipping company experiences.

Looking back, the largest failures have been with FedX with the USPS coming in second and UPS third.

I think my failed FedX experiences are more memorable mainly due to how they handled their errors and issues.
Can't help but wonder if the reason FedX was first on Amazons list to eliminate was for similar reasons.

One thing is for sure a fact, we all have many more successful transactions than failed with all carriers, some just can't get over it and love to dwell on the negative just so they can rant and rave to get attention.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Just received a package from my USPS mail carrier that was supposed to be delivered by FedEx. He was told the FedEx terminal in Independence KY had 35 trailers sitting in the drop lot that FedEx was not sure would be delivered before Christmas. FedEx was off loading to USPS. My normal carrier was running nothing but packages today. Said a sub driver would be along later with the normal mail.
One thing is for sure a fact, we all have many more successful transactions than failed with all carriers

JeffA, this statement may apply to everyone else in the US, but it doesn't apply to me. Fedex refused to deliver any pkgs to my house for over 3 years. They would leave my pkgs at the PO, which you could see across the highway. Their excuse..... they couldn't find my house. UPS didn't have any trouble finding my house, you punch it in on Garmin or Tom-Tom, and there was no trouble.

I dont do many transactions where I have products shipped to me by UPS or Fedex. Maybe 50, and I doubt if it's been that many, in my life. I guessing 1/2 have been Fedex and out of that 25, 15 or more have been damaged, late, or didn't arrive at all.

I'm not saying UPS or USPS are perfect (I had my problems with a certain PO employee), but they have been head and shoulders above Fedex.
Posted By: joken2 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19

USPS Welcomes Growing Package-Delivery Business from FedEx and UPS

The U.S. Postal service is counting on income from business with FedEx and UPS to help the quasigovernmental agency gain financial stability, according to a recent Forbes article.

The express couriers have contracted with the post office to use its Parcel Select service. With Parcel Select, FedEx and UPS transport packages to the destination city, sort them by ZIP code, and deliver them to the local post office. The mail carrier then takes care of the last (and most expensive) leg of delivery, bringing packages to the doors of homes and businesses.

The couriers use Parcel Select as a cost-saving tactic for shipping packages through their cheaper, and slower, two- to seven-day delivery options.

Forbes reported that the USPS is eager to pick up the extra package business from FedEx, UPS and Amazon.com because the volume of first-class mail–the post office’s most profitable segment–has plunged by 30 percent over the past decade as communication and advertising shifted to the Internet.

The cash-strapped post office needs the income from the package delivery business to help modernize its fleet of aging delivery vehicles, and to help pay for an estimated $5.5 billion in annual contributions for retiree benefits.

Here are some interesting facts about the post office’s package-delivery business (and overall financial condition) from the Forbes article:

USPS delivers an average of 2.2 million packages a day for FedEx.
Parcel Select volume has grown tremendously over the past for years: from 223 million packages in 2009 to 1.29 billion packages in 2013.
Package delivery accounts for about 20 percent of USPS revenue. It’s the post office’s fastest-growing segment, growing 7 percent annually over the past for years. The USPS wants to double the package-delivery business over the next few years, according to Postmaster General Patrick R. Donahoe.

Posted By: JeffA Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by Oldman3
One thing is for sure a fact, we all have many more successful transactions than failed with all carriers

JeffA, this statement may apply to everyone else in the US, but it doesn't apply to me.

In all honesty for 25 years I lived in an area FedX didn't deliver to at all, but that didn't stop them from causing me chaos anyway.

I had friends that weren't aware of that and they shipped perishable items via FedX to me at an address they didn't deliver within 300 miles of.
Those packages would normally just vanish. I wouldn't even know about them until/if the senders would mention it to me at later dates.

Had a friend track a package of frozen goods he'd sent to me once, it was three weeks after the two day package was suppose to have arrived. Once they found where it had stopped they told him they could return it to him but he'd have to pay the shipping..for the now rotten product. He'd paid like $80 to ship it.

In a round about way I could ship via FedX but I had to fly my parcels into Anchorage via Alaska Air Freight first then FedX would take it from there. This was done through a service Alaska Airlines offered called "Gold Streak". It was spendy, a 100lb box of salmon from AK to Florida would run upwards of $400. This was for "to the door" service.
AK air would always get my parcels to it's Anchorage freezer and FedX would seldom go check there when they made their Gold Streak pickup run at the airport. My frozen fish would set until I could convince someone I had a parcel there that needed to continue it's journey.

It was always the same story, the paper work appeared as if the shipment had been concluded. It was signed for as delivered, they'd read me the name of whom had excepted delivery, It'd be the guy at AK air's freezer storage doing the signing.
They'd argue the point unless I could get them to actually read the time stamps on the paperwork. Once they did I would ask how they thought they got a 100lb box from Alaska's Bering Sea coast to South Florida in an hour and 45 minutes.

I could convince the more savvy FedX employees with that fact.
There were times I had to make 3 or 4 calls to get that far.

I had to get content with the fact the product was still frozen and forget about the $400 bucks I was paying for 2nd day air. A week for delivery was the average if I jumped on the pursuit quickly.
Gold Streak via FedX was the only option in town for to the door service.
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Oldman3

JeffA, this statement may apply to everyone else in the US, but it doesn't apply to me.

I but that didn't stop them from causing me chaos anyway.

Fedex delivered a safety harness to the wrong address one time. I got my money from them 4 mths later, but that's when they stopped delivering to my house for 3 years. I happened to have been home and was tracking the pkg. When the tracking showed it had been delivered, I knew it hadn't and immediately called Fedex. Their suggestion to solve their screw-up was for me to canvas the neighborhood in an attempt to find my pkg.

45 minutes from AK to FL is hoofing it!
Posted By: Szumi Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19
UPS is the best delivery choice in my area. Fedex is fedex home. They don't deliver on Mondays. If you have to sign for something you can't redirect it or have it held at the depot to pick up as you can with ups. The fedex driver changes often, the ups guy keeps the same route for years and is a company driver not a contractor driving a fedex van.

I've had a series of excellent UPS delivery drivers over the years, I can't remember a bad one.
Posted By: joken2 Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19

I've had UPS delivery drivers sign my name at work before as if I had physically received deliveries which wasn't too big of an issue as long as the packages and contents weren't damaged and the package count was correct.

I've also had both FedEx and UPS drivers unknowingly drop already scanned outgoing packages between our shipping/receiving dept and their trucks and I found them later on the warehouse floor or in the parking lot after they left. The problem with that was a high percentage of our outgoing shipments were next day delivery and sometimes a few were next day emergency early am 1st deliveries.

The only complaint I had with a few of our UPS drivers was they stayed on their cell phones via ear buds in conference type calls with some other drivers gabbing about sports, shop gossip, etc., etc., from the time they walked in the door, all the while they were in our shop, and still as they left.

Among our FedEx Express drivers one could be a pain at times and another was a total ass-hole pretty much all the time. I eventually had to report that one to the local distribution center and they moved him off our route.

Posted By: aalf Re: How screwed up is FedEx? - 12/21/19

One of my favorite shipping stories was the day UPS dropped a package off unexpectedly, as I knew I didn't have anything on order.

Brought the box in the house and saw that it was from a prosthetic limb company.

Took it kitty-corner across the street to the neighbor who had a wood leg........."Got Something For Ya".....
© 24hourcampfire