Home
I can speak of how well my little 13' gheenoe [fiberglas square back canoe][patened hull] with a 2.5hp or 6hp yamaha 4stroke does for hunting the rivers and swamps here .

I can mention that i might get a yamaha TW200 trail bike to trap/hunt/scout with .

Mentioned that the little honda pioneer 500 side by side would make a great reliable/economical rig for trapping/scouting/camp/dragging a critter out .

Have yet to meet anybody here that can recognise -- the right equipment for the job at hand .

It's - that boat is too small - too slow - my boat is bigger/faster .

That bike is too small not fast enough .

Honda sXs Pioneer-500cc - no way - too small and slow .

Most people here in FL. are far from being outdoorsmen but they like to pretend they are , talked to one this afternoon who made all of these replies . Funny really - so just commenting on what someone said today .
"stuff that works, stuff that holds up. the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall. Stuff that's real, stuff you feel. the kind of stuff you reach for when you fall.."
I saw a meme yesterday. Something about a razor being sharp, but can't chop down a tree. And the axe is strong, but won't cut a hair.

Gotta have the right tool for the task at hand.
Originally Posted by Brazos
"stuff that works, stuff that holds up. the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall. Stuff that's real, stuff you feel. the kind of stuff you reach for when you fall.." -Benjamin Frranklin 1776 ?

Bulletbutt was from Worshington state . . .

Originally Posted by prplbkrr
I saw a meme yesterday. Something about a razor being sharp, but can't chop down a tree. And the axe is strong, but won't cut a hair.

Just got a Lansky Sharpener - works ok , i get what you're saying . . . smile bofe .
You gotta have the right tool!
Originally Posted by hanco
You gotta have the right tool!

Skoal can to keep my rubbers in. Tight fit.
chit were do i start... first thing is a good helper....
In some places it's called "appropriate technology"

No need for an electric well pump and 300' of casing when there's water 20' down and you only need drinking water for a family in Africa. PVC tubing, some leather washers, a screw and nut, and voila, a hand pump.

Geno
I need a cheap quad.
It seems as soon as l get the right equipment for a job! I start another job that needs different equipment! I guess you can't have to much equipment!
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I need a cheap quad.

Get a Honda 300 Fourtrax 4x4. AWESOME trail quad should be in the $1500-2K range. .
I can speak of how well my little 13' gheenoe [fiberglas square back canoe][patened hull] with a 2.5hp or 6hp yamaha 4stroke does for hunting the rivers and swamps here .

I have the 15 foot model and a 6 horse Evinrude.
I often use it with just a trolling motor though.
It's perfect for small bodies of water and sneaking through the swamps.

Mine looks a lot like this, but with more green in the camo:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by ol_mike
"stuff that works, stuff that holds up. the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall. Stuff that's real, stuff you feel. the kind of stuff you reach for when you fall.." -Benjamin Frranklin 1776 ?

Bulletbutt was from Worshington state . . .

That is a name I haven't heard in quite a while... I miss Ken, got to know him...
what a gentleman.... he was a retired lineman, for his local county...

I had lunch with him several times on trips up to Seattle...

Sad the way he passed.... his wife had gone to the store, and came home and found him.. he was alone and had a heart attack at 63....

also sad was ( and I bet few knew this), but Ken and his wife had there house on the market to sell.... they had built a small assisted living facility, on the east side of the Cascades... that would serve like 15 to 20 residents... they did it with the intentions of it being strictly for residents who were all military veterans....

he passed just before his retirement dreams came to fruition....what a great guy....

RIP Ken... you are not forgotten my friend...

I can mention that i might get a yamaha TW200 trail bike to trap/hunt/scout with .

Mentioned that the little honda pioneer 500 side by side would make a great reliable/economical rig for trapping/scouting/camp/dragging a critter out .

Have yet to meet anybody here that can recognise -- the right equipment for the job at hand .

It's - that boat is too small - too slow - my boat is bigger/faster .

That bike is too small not fast enough .

Honda sXs Pioneer-500cc - no way - too small and slow .

Most people here in FL. are far from being outdoorsmen but they like to pretend they are , talked to one this afternoon who made all of these replies . Funny really - so just commenting on what someone said today .

Your welcome out here anytime my friend!

I have Copenhagen, duct tape, hose clamps(always a plus if ya know what I mean), did I mention duct tape? Lol
We like whiskey and multitools, shot guns and fishing poles! You have to bring the bait. Nobody rides for free.

Best tool I know is the band named TOOL. ymmv.....
Snyper ,
Howdy.
Yours looks like a ''Classic'' very nice little boat .
Amazing design that looks as if it would tip over easy - it won't - very stable - NOT like a canoe .

John ,

Howdy .
Yes Bulletbutt was a good one he and i pm'd back and forth for a while . .
I had looked into moving over Oregon way when i lived in Idaho and he gave me info. on different places etc. . Yes indeed he was a good one - his passing surely bummed me out .
Is that Silver Bullet you guys are talking about?

Mark
Hammers work real good on hammering stuff.

Wrenches do real good wrenching stuff.
I carry a pair of pliers every day. It isn’t the best tool for most jobs but it sure is handy.

I need to get a new one, my CeeTee is getting old and does want to cut wire anymore. I hope they all aren’t made in China nowadays.
"stuff that works, stuff that holds up. the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall. Stuff that's real, stuff you feel. the kind of stuff you reach for when you fall.."

I had that cassette once.
Often the tool you can't find.
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

Must have never used a gransforx brux axe
Equipment for the job? Remember that a wench isn't a winch.

[Linked Image from st3.depositphotos.com]
Originally Posted by Heym06
I guess you can't have to much equipment!

Said the lady at the bar with her eyes on his package.

Geno
Originally Posted by viking
I carry a pair of pliers every day. It isn’t the best tool for most jobs but it sure is handy.

I need to get a new one, my CeeTee is getting old and does want to cut wire anymore. I hope they all aren’t made in China nowadays.

The Knipex pliers are the best I've used, made in Germany.

They won't be cheap in the USA, but I sure like the quality. A guy I know is a piano tuner, and he says that he has tried MANY brands, and only the Knipex stood up to cutting a LOT of piano wire.

Knipex USA

John
I fought a C clip, on a window crank.

Bought a 25 cent tool from Warshawsky, and Bobs your uncle.
But, a skilled operator trumps tools.
Originally Posted by Snyper

I'll stick with my Myers Sportspal. It is similar in size and is stable but has more weight capacity and weighs about 1/3 as much.
One man's perfection is another's inspiration for improvement.
My COCK!
Originally Posted by viking

https://www.wildetool.com/product/6-1-2-thin-nose-slip-joint-pliers-flush-fastener-g261tfp/
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'll stick with my Myers Sportspal. It is similar in size and is stable but has more weight capacity and weighs about 1/3 as much.

My 13' weighs 120lbs. , carries a lot more than Gheenoe ''recommends'' , only rated for 5hp but folks put 9.9's even 15hp 2 cycles - just saying .
Looked at the Sportspal - nice looking little boat .
A poor workman always blames his tool s

My 13' weighs 120lbs. , carries a lot more than Gheenoe ''recommends'' , only rated for 5hp but folks put 9.9's even 15hp 2 cycles - just saying .

Good old blackfart pretty much proved the point of your original post LMAO.

Folks that don't have what you use, do what you do or go where you go will gladly inform you that you are wrong. It is the way of the CF.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Folks that don't have what you use, do what you do or go where you go will gladly inform you that you are wrong. It is the way of the CF.

mike r

Now you went and done it .

mike r

Now you went and done it .
Never said anybody was wrong. The Sportspal fits my uses nicely. Many of the secluded ponds I like to fish/hunt have no vehicle access and the lightweight Sportspal is easy to carry. Poor lil mikie just has some well founded insecurities to compensate for so is always on the lookout to put others down in a pathetic attempt to make himself feel superior.
No one is on the lookout to put you down, you do such a good job yourself. Your paranoia, however well founded, does make you appear insecure. Man up buttercup.

LOL

mike r
No one is on the lookout to put you down, you do such a good job yourself. Your paranoia, however well founded, does make you appear insecure. Man up buttercup.

LOL

mike r
You're on the prowl to put someone, anyone down and make nasty comments at every opportunity. It's pretty fuuckin pathetic buttercup. Coming from a withered, impotent, has been, shell of an old pissweasel such as yourself understandable, but still pathetic.
LOL blackfart, as withered as I am I can still get you to have a seizure at will. When the pissweasels prowl gunplumbers tremble.

mike r
LOL blackfart, as withered as I am I can still get you to have a seizure at will. When the pissweasels prowl gunplumbers tremble.

mike r
Odd behavior for someone who constantly brags about how financially well off, intelligent and happy with life he is. Makes it obvious you're full of shyt and miserable. I'm sure that cloud of old man smell and impotence are hard crosses to bear sometimes.
© 24hourcampfire