Home
Looking to get a pile made up for my business. Local prices are a bit spendy. Any of you small business owners got any recommendations? Lots of online venders to choose from.
No specific business recommendations, but I will recommend buying quality stuff to have your logo on.

The stuff people want you to wear to provide them with free advertising, is generally not worth a crap.

I would rather purchase a quality garment with your logo on it than receive a POS garment for free.

JMHO
Well, given current situation in China that request will be very difficult to realize. Can you wait?
I use a local vendor, I am amazed at how many people really want a hat made in America.

R
The NC textile businesses are "reportedly" coming back. So you might try there..but you are primarily talking about embroidery (machine programmed) which should be achievable with existing stock items...(no freshly imported hats and tees).

Adams is a brand of hats i have seen commonly used for event logo embroidery...pretty good quality...

Sorry i can't be of more help
I work in the marketing industry and sell a ton of apparel and promo stuff. North Face, Nalgene, etc. I'll shoot you a pm.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
The NC textile businesses are "reportedly" coming back.

Wait I was told no they weren't.....oh...and you didn't make that.
Originally Posted by 99in22_250
I use a local vendor, I am amazed at how many people really want a hat made in America.

R

When I was going to MX 2-3 times a year, I made a lot of friends with American hats. Sports teams, BassPro, American comanies, didn't matter.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
The NC textile businesses are "reportedly" coming back.

Wait I was told no they weren't.....oh...and you didn't make that.

I think I read it in one of those "promotional" regional Rags sponsored by businesses, economic councils and such.....

There is a little start up called Seven something or other cobbling together a bunch of mills and such
Go local, spend money where you live if possible
If you are getting caps (I would stay away from hats altogether), get the ones that have a bit of stretch at the back to accommodate a range of sizes. DON'T get those cheap-assed things that have an adjustment and a pony-tail hole in the back.
Sorry I was thinking of Plant Seven....
It's a design incubator in High Point, NC furniture focused, not textile...

They do have a 3d printing lab...

HQ Greensboro and The Forge are both similar incubators in Greensboro which was more textile focused
Best hard work shirts I've ever worn are Carhardt Force Extreme. Very light and strong.
I have purchased about 600 shirts and maybe 100 ball caps from Custom Ink. Super easy online design process. The MOST OUTSTANDING customer service you will ever talk to! Great quality shirts, good prices and free two week shipping. I will be ordering another 100 shirts in April. Nine years of doing business with them and never any issues.
All made in America.

https://www.customink.com
Originally Posted by Calvin
Looking to get a pile made up for my business. Local prices are a bit spendy. Any of you small business owners got any recommendations? Lots of online venders to choose from.

I am an XL, Joel.
smile
Joel.
If you find someone to make these for you I'm down for a hoody in XL.
We’ve used Go West in Ft Collins CO quite a bit.

https://justgowest.com/
And BTW- I don’t know who makes Costco Kirkland brand TShirts, but they are hands down the best damn tshirt sold.
Had some hats embroidered with a company in Colorado called U Name It. www.unameitcustom.com They gave me a coupon for 20% for online orders.

Coupon Code: NEWC20

Another coupon ins $10 off on your first purchase. Coupon Code: NEW10C

Anyone is welcome to use any if they choose.
Did a contract about 10 years ago for a small company that had zip up fleece hoodies with their logos embroidered on the left side . Duluth. I was only a contractor and didn't ask but they gave me one. Still have it. Very nice. As someone stated earlier in the thread, a high quality item will be more appreciated and make a more lasting impression on employees and clients.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
And BTW- I don’t know who makes Costco Kirkland brand TShirts, but they are hands down the best damn tshirt sold.

Amen.
Fleece vests are a nice option..
So much so that Patagonia started limiting who they would make them for as they were getting so many orders...
Great mid layer that also makes a good rear rest for prone....
Originally Posted by JCS271
I have purchased about 600 shirts and maybe 100 ball caps from Custom Ink. Super easy online design process. The MOST OUTSTANDING customer service you will ever talk to! Great quality shirts, good prices and free two week shipping. I will be ordering another 100 shirts in April. Nine years of doing business with them and never any issues.
All made in America.

https://www.customink.com

Nice to see they have American Made, 100% cotton, T shirts, with pockets too, available. And they are the type I've been wearing for a lot of years.

I'll keep this place in mind if I need some printing done.

Thanks,

Geno
Getting stickers printed now for our business. Local. Lots of wholesale China options for a quarter of the price and double the quantity but no thanks.
Bighorn designs. Sheridan WY.
Not sure about the shipping charges from KY to AK. However, have used these folks for my business, my wife's business, and for our church. Good folks. Good service. Reasonable prices. If you are involved with Quarter Horses, this is Charlie Frank People's family...

People's Trophies and Embroidery...
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No specific business recommendations, but I will recommend buying quality stuff to have your logo on.

The stuff people want you to wear to provide them with free advertising, is generally not worth a crap.

I would rather purchase a quality garment with your logo on it than receive a POS garment for free.

JMHO

Best advice here.
I'm the "shirt guy" for our next military reunion later this year. I went to a number of online embroidery sites but was never very impressed. Also did not relish the idea of ordering shirts unseen and untouched for fear of getting cheap uncomfortable crap. Next, I visited five local places. Four of them were equally unimpressive. Then I went to Black Spool. Clean, neat entrance, attractive display case, immediate welcome and smile. She was attentive, offered to have me examine several options, and then handed me a 400-page catalog. I'm going back with my business. First, I'm going to buy a couple of plain shirts to take to the reunion organizer for his approval. (I can always use shirts anyway.) Then I'll take our logo artwork to Black Spool and place our order.

Forgot to say - She quoted me about $20 per shirt, embroidered and she'll ship them to our reunion hotel. Normal $40 setup fee with our artwork. I'm considering getting some of those light corded "backpack" bags as well. I'll put the shirts and reunion schedules, maps, and such in them ready to hand out to attendees.
Just north of me, Silk Screen Inc. Will do the printing on most anything you might want.

They did a "Wabigoon Building Inspector" cap for me I gave a friend in Wabigoon that stopped in often to keep me straightened out.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
.... immediate welcome and smile. She was attentive, offered to have me examine several options, and then handed me a 400-page catalog.. .

still talkin' about shirts here, right?

smile
Yup, just shirts, kid. At my age, that's all she thought about. (Not necessarily all I thought about, but at my age...)
smile
Otto hats are usually good quality..
Thanks guys. Lots of good info. Almost too much. Haha
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

JMHO

Best advice here.

Agreed.
Yeah sorry,
Thought I saw AR, Not AK

Hmm...
I’ve used a few different ones in anchorage and been happy with them all. I usually get 250 hats made a year and around 500 t shirts. Call me old fashion at the age of 35 but I support my local economy first. Sure I pay a little bit more than the lower 48 but my business is all about relationships etc. I guess if ones trying to make some dollars on the apparel it would be in their interest to bypass the local guy and go to the lower 48 where they got poor little Pablo doing it for minimum wage.

I just give away the apparel. I found the hats go first. Thinking of doing a run of 500 hats this year and 500 t shirts. Probably going to use Hi Res in eagle river.
© 24hourcampfire