Home
We arrived back home last evening around 8pm. The surgery went perfect according to the Dr.'s. Her other eye wasn't affected and that was a great relief. She now has to wait for 60 days w/a patch over her socket. She will then be fitted w/a prosthetic hand painted eye to match her other one. The Dr. said she will actually be able to move it a little and she won't have the "droopy" eyelid. Guys, prayer does work and I can't thank you enough for all of your thoughts and prayers. powdr

P.S. Didn't sleep a wink last night ...I was so thankful and elated!
Really wonderful to read some good news! May God continue to bless and keep both of you,
Fantastic news Sir. Absolutely an answer to prayer.

Jim
Wonderful news !!!
Great to hear
Great to hear pwdr....
This is wonderful news and makes me happy for both of you. Tell her the boys from the campfire can't wait to see her winking at us...
Indeed - great to hear the good news ..
Im glad. Speedy recover to her
Amen powdr. Catch up on that sleep. Both of you.
Always wishing you and yours the best.
Great news!

Thanks for the update.
I love good news.

Kent
Thank you for letting us know. The Lord be Praised.
Fantastic!
Nice!
God is good and He answers prayer.

Great news powder, keep the faith.....
Thanks for the update. Glad it went well. Tell her we are still thinking of her.

A story: When I was quite young - maybe 4 or 5, I was hanging out at our neighbor's house, watching "Grandpa" Sig work on things. When it was time for lunch, Mabel told us to go and wash up. I dutifully went to the bathroom with Sig, washed my hands, and then stepped back to wait for him to wash. At that point, Sig decided to rinse off his glass eye - a modification to his face of which I was unaware. As he removed it, he performed (I was told) a tremendous athletic move in catching me on my way to the floor.

This is good news. Will continue to send positive energy for a speedy recovery.
Your post put a smile on my face today powdr. Great news.
Super news!

I know she'll be just fine. And she's got you to lean on until she is.
Good!
have her to get one with a different color. I once knew a guy with two different color eyes.. I always thought that was something I would want.. his was real..
That’s great news!!!! So happy for you both.
I'm so glad for the good outcome. Continued prayers for rapid healing.
Paul B.
Great news!
This is the kind of news we need to hear more of around here these days. Thanks be to God.
Glad to hear the good news.
Thanks for the up date! Great News!
Glad everything went well
Great news!!!
Thank you for that piece if good news smile Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Originally Posted by powdr
We arrived back home last evening around 8pm. The surgery went perfect according to the Dr.'s. Her other eye wasn't affected and that was a great relief. She now has to wait for 60 days w/a patch over her socket. She will then be fitted w/a prosthetic hand painted eye to match her other one. The Dr. said she will actually be able to move it a little and she won't have the "droopy" eyelid. Guys, prayer does work and I can't thank you enough for all of your thoughts and prayers. powdr

P.S. Didn't sleep a wink last night ...I was so thankful and elated!

Glad to hear things went well. More prayers on the way for continued healing.
Thanks for the update. Godspeed to you both.
Good news,happy to hear it.
Amen Brother, God is good.
Wonderful news!

SO glad it worked out for your wife!
Thanks for the update, good to hear.
powdr, can I ask what medical issue Lana had with her eyes ?
My wife has Birdshot Chorioretinopathy, has had it for many years, treatment were steroid injections into the eye, then a steroid implant.
She got cataracts, then had drain tube implants for excess pressure.
So far she's holding her own.
Glad to hear the outcome for Lana, things will get better.
Great news and hope you and Lana sleep well tonight now that you are both home and in good health again.
Hooray!
That is excellence news. Prayers will continue for quick healing.
Good to hear this news.
Good news
Excellent, powdr.
Now for the full recovery !!!
Great news, thanks for the update.

P
Great news, God is good.
Fantastic news! I'm very happy for you both.
Amen! Yes this is good news.
Praying the Lord continues to bless you both.
Stay healthy powdr, she'll be needing lots of support and love.
Glad to hear it all worked out. HE took care of you again. HE is great. Be Well, even you 5sDad, Rustyzipper.
Glad to hear it went well. Hugs to both of you brother.
JBMI, I really can't tell you cause they could never say anything but that it was some type of infection. At first it just looked like a bad case of pink eye. That was almost two years ago. The pain was excruiating and got worse. After the first year she could tell she was losing her sight in the eye and told them it was OK to take it out but they kept trying to revitalize it... to no avail. They are going to take the eye and study it front to back to see what caused the blindness. I never in my wildest dreams thought that she would actually lose it! Guys, I can't describe what a boost it was to my mental health to see everyone enter into a season of prayer and now thansgiving through this perilous time. I really was on my last leg when she went into surgery. I can't thank yall enough. So appreciative, powdr
Still thinking of you both.
© 24hourcampfire