Home
Posted By: jorgeI MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/07/21
Gents I have a beautiful, German made Weatherby MKV in 7mmWeatherby that is in need of a follower. The original was stolen. Believe it or not, according to Weatherby, they only supply PLASTIC (the horror) followers now. I have a plastic one, I guess it can be used as a template? Anyway if one of you artists can make one, please PM me.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/07/21
I understand you wanting to get your prize back to 100% but the plastic followers may work a bit better. I have one for a M70 30-06 length magazine and it feeds like it's getting paid to. My M70 FW with a Winlite stock has a blind magazine and a plastic follower.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/07/21
I bought a plastic one and it doesn't work forshit. Last round won't feed and besides it looks horrible.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/07/21
I have a German Mark V in 257 coming in at the end of next week. Hoping it has a metal follower. grin

I can;'t believe Weatherby would not sell you a metal follower.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/10/21
They would not. And in fact when I asked them about new production MKV Deluxes and even Custom shop offerings, they told me they were all plastic. horseshit
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/10/21
Originally Posted by jorgeI
They would not. And in fact when I asked them about new production MKV Deluxes and even Custom shop offerings, they told me they were all plastic. horseshit

They have lost their mind.
Posted By: hatari Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/11/21
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I have a plastic one, I guess it can be used as a template? Anyway if one of you artists can make one, please PM me.

Theoretically, the plastic follower can be invested and cast, but then you'll have a metal version of what doesn't work. Same with using the plastic one to CNC.

Will a Mauser follower work?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/11/21
I ordered a 98 follower on Ebay..
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/17/21
Jorge, I got my German 257 in today , it has a stainless steel follower.
Posted By: 416RigbyHunter Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/23/21
Ruger followers are another option, they tend to fit many different actions.

Cheers.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: MAGAZINE FOLLOWER - 10/23/21
Boy would i like to find out a 700 follower would work!
Just to know Jorgel was usding a "700"!

😁😁😁
© 24hourcampfire