Home
Posted By: rado3003 Browning Gold Shotgun Help!! - 01/07/08
I bought a browning gold 3 1/2 inch shotgun today used. When i got it home i shot it with some light trap loads and it cycled fine. I looked at the gun and it was filthy, it dosn't look like the previous owner had ever cleaned it, so i took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. Now it won't cycle those same trap loads, but it still works with some 3 inch turkey loads so i didn't put it back together wrong. Any ideas what might have happened?
Thanks,
Nick Radovich
Did you put any grease on the slide? If so get rid of that stuff and either run the gas system dry as it has a plastic liner or use powder graphite (a very small amount goes a ong way)....
Let us know how it works out....
I didn't use any lube except a quick shot of rem oil up the mag tube.
anything (grease or oils) in the action?
nothing, i cleaned the action with birchwood casey aerosaul cleaner and let it dry completley before re assembling the gun. Didn't put any oil anywhere near the action.
I use graphite (very very small amount) in the action. If that does not work, I'm out of suggestions....

I use graphite as it will not get thick and freeze up like oil and grease in cold weather....

I hope this helps and if you do get it working please let us know what it took. I have had a Browning Gold for 10 or 12 years and it has alway run fine except one time when I got way too much graphite in the action.
© 24hourcampfire