Home
Posted By: C_ROY Weatherby Vanguard trigger - 01/10/08
I am familiar with adjusting the trigger on a 700, how's the trigger on a Vanguard and how simple is it to adjust? I got one ordered.

Thanks.
Posted By: bushrat Re: Weatherby Vanguard trigger - 01/10/08
Most are creepy and heavy. They are adjustable but not by much, when you begin to get it close to where you want it the safety will not function. It can be taken apart and stoned down to a decent trigger but should be done by someone who knows this trigger, most gunsmiths don't want the hassle and will reccomend an aftermarket trigger.
There is only one screw you need to worry about, that is the philips holding the trigger assembly on. Screw it out and screw in a Timney.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Weatherby Vanguard trigger - 01/10/08
Don't know about the recent releases, but my wifes 15 year old 270 was tweaked to a very crisp 2.5 lbs.
Posted By: pullit Re: Weatherby Vanguard trigger - 01/10/08
I got my factory trigger crisp but it will not go lower than 4lbs.....but it is the best 4lb trigger you will ever feel...grin
Posted By: rembo Re: Weatherby Vanguard trigger - 01/10/08
Vanguard triggers are no worse a lot of others to work on...But, like someone else mentioned, when you adjust the sear engagement to where you want it sometimes the safety will not engage. This can be remedied by removing metal from the front of the trigger where the safety plunger contacts or reducing the diameter of the safety plunger...I've done it both ways. If you can do it yourself it's fine but if you are paying someone to do it it may not be worth it compared to a Timney.
© 24hourcampfire