Home
I recently cleaned up an old model 120 12ga pump for a friend of a friend and have had some trouble putting the bolt back together. This is the first Winchester I have taken down so I am not familiar with their actions.

I normally would not have taken the bolt apart but it was covered in reust and needed to be cleaned badly.

I thought I had the bolt assembled correctly but when I reinstalled it the bolt is extended and the action does not want to close properly. I looked online for the manual but I have not found a free download covering the bolt yet. Anyone have a source?
Thanks
Use the Win 1200 diagram.
Define what you mean by 'the bolt is extended'...

A blow-up diagram is online at GPC.. Try that if you can...
The breech bolt rotates in and out and is in the out position. I think this may be the reason why I cannot close the action. I have not had a chance to take a look a the gun again since I put it back together 2 days ago. Hopefully on Sat I can work on it again.

I was hopeing for a detailed photo of the bolt completely broken down so I can make sure that the spring and washer have been installed correctly. Most photos I have seen of the bolt only show the firing pin and spring removed.

Thanks

© 24hourcampfire