Home
Does anyone info on or experience with mounting a repro No4 Mk1 T sniper scope mount? Any tips and tricks would be welcome. Also, what is the tap size for the securing thumb screws on the mount itself? I measured the thread as 1.0mm and diameter is about 6mm. It looks as if I need to drill and tap the receiver for the rear thumb screw to secure it to the receiver side through the pad, as the rear pad is not threaded. It just has a drilled through hole. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Matt
the threads should be the British BA Type
1/4 x 27, according to my napa screw pitch gage. original pads on original gun with sarco repro mount. screw measured was from repro mount. on the brownells scres checker, the screw goes into the 1/4 x 28 hole with some resistance and not freely. hope this helps. btw, you got an original or repro No. 32 telescope on your rig?
The mount and pads are repro from numrich. I plan on using a compact scope with mildot for shooting steel at our clubs' "surplus Sniper" matches. My No4 Mk1 was sporterized when I bought it, so I needed to rebuild it anyway, and I do not care for the look of the "no-gunsmith" mounts.

Thanks for the info on the screw pitch/ size.
© 24hourcampfire