Home
Posted By: passport How to paint GAP camo? - 07/01/09
How do I do that?
Posted By: kend Re: How to paint GAP camo? - 07/02/09
www.bulldogarms has affordable stencils. Good guy too. Ken
Posted By: Mac84 Re: How to paint GAP camo? - 07/04/09
I think BradArnett did it on his manners. Maybe give him a bump and see.
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: How to paint GAP camo? - 07/04/09
Couple ways of doing it, would you be using krylon/spray cans or an airbrush?

If using spray cans (less control) shoot a base color of tan and tear out some patterns of blue painters tape and put those where you want tan spots, leave the tape until your done. Next hit the entire thing with black and repeat tearing out tape and putting it where you want black. Now leaving all the tape in place hit it with a final coat of green and peel all the tape off. That will leave your with a base color of green with tan and black spots.

On this one I did it in reverse with an airbrush, base coat was coyote brown, then black highlights, then tan over netting. The skull and crossbones were done last using a female stencil I cut out.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jamie Re: How to paint GAP camo? - 07/05/09
I cheated and used the stencils from Bulldogarms. Krylon fusion cammo and flat clearcoat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The rifles a 22-250, my main varmint rifle so its seen alot of use, 5000-6000 shots. The paint has held up alot better then I expected it to. Here is what it looks like now.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tgrif Re: How to paint GAP camo? - 07/05/09
can't get the link to bulldogarms to work and I did a google search and came up empty handed.

Disregard. finally got the link to work. Thanks.
Posted By: Jamie Re: How to paint GAP camo? - 07/05/09
bulldogarms
© 24hourcampfire