Home
Wnated a reliable gunsmith to perform sako extractor install on tirty 06 700 bolt. Please PM with price and time frame

Tacksmacker
I spoke to Karl at Kampfeld Custom and asked him to do a Sako extractor on a Rem 700 bolt and he told me he'd never had a Remington extractor go bad,but he would do it if I still wanted him to.He'd would wait and if it did ever go bad then he'd put 1 on for me.
Saved me time and money and I TRUST his judgement.Skeeter
I'm pretty sure jkob installs 'em also.. Send him a pm.
Karl knows his stuff, I'd listen to his recommendation too!!!
I just talked to Ralph Stovener at High Country Gunsmithing yesterday about doing mine, because mine is worn out and having extraction issues. He said about $100.
$100.00 is what I charge, seems the going rate.
I do the CORRECT install for $125. Not all installs are done correctly.
So I don't do something I regret, what's a correct vs. incorrect install?
Never seen an example of a wrong one.
Originally Posted by crittergetter
I spoke to Karl at Kampfeld Custom and asked him to do a Sako extractor on a Rem 700 bolt and he told me he'd never had a Remington extractor go bad,but he would do it if I still wanted him to.He'd would wait and if it did ever go bad then he'd put 1 on for me.
Saved me time and money and I TRUST his judgement.Skeeter
Same here.
When I have time to do these I charge 130.00 plus parts which includes bushing the bolt nose. Let me add that I don't think there is anything wrong with the factory extractor provided it is installed and fitted correctly.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by corelokt

Well, I have. There are those who would do this without bushing the original bolt face and just cut the notch. The way Malm and I do it is the correct way.
Originally Posted by Jkob
Originally Posted by corelokt

Well, I have. There are those who would do this without bushing the original bolt face and just cut the notch. The way Malm and I do it is the correct way.
Exactly... Malm's pix is an example of a top-notch install..

Kudos to both of ya..
I should know better than to stay up late, open an O.V., take half an ambien, and type a response.
Looking back today, having a "well, duh" moment.
© 24hourcampfire