Home

anybody got a good guy they use? i need a m- brake put on
What action/brake? Length of barrel?
I have never understood needing a smith in a particular area. You can ship anywhere. When I need work I send it to the guy that does the best work that I know of.
Butch
Might check with Mark Skaggs. He's in Grant's Pass if that's close enough. I'm quite satisfied with the work he has done for me.

http://www.skaggsgunsmithing.com/
Darrel Holland is not too far from Eugene, and the drive to his shop will take you through some beautiful country. He makes a good brake and certainly knows how to do the installation.
living in Grants Pass, I can recommend Mark Skaggs.. plus there are a batch of good gunsmiths in this area..rates vary..

I am sure you are not driving over to Darrel Holland's shop..
Hwy 42 Sucks, and then the cut off down to Powers is even worse..

unless you have a lot of time on your hands to drive it safely...

Powers Oregon is about as close as you can get to the end of civilization and still find a Post Office there..

Kevin Wyatt out of Medford is certainly more than capable of about anything you want, and he does excellent work.

more spendy than Mark Skaggs but definitely cheaper than Darrel Holland..

Kevin's shop in on line under Wyatt's Outdoor..
I can't personally speak for the others but Kevin Wyatt is a great guy that has done a lot of work for me over the years. His wyatt magazine box is used world wide as are his rifles. This time of year is perfect for getting your work done quickly with any smith.

Mike

Should have said, "quicker with any smith"
Originally Posted by Rogue
This time of year is perfect for getting your work done quickly with any smith.

Mike

Everyone figures that the slow time of the year is through the winter months. This IS the slow time of year in this shop. Slow, meaning less timely completion of certain projects due to the heavy winter traffic from folks who think we sit around looking for work. grin My craziest time is Winter. The influx of work slows a touch as people go on vacation. Which gives some of us a little breather before the fall hunts.

And... Kevin Wyatt is a former Marine Corps Armorer and will do you a great job! Oooorah!
So, Malm--you want I should stop referring people to you?
So you're the one! grin
© 24hourcampfire