Home
Posted By: smithrjd Tikka T3 Bolt throw - 05/04/10
Is it possible to change the bolt throw? I have a T3 in 338 Federal and want to use a longer magazine for longer COL. The 30-06 magazine fits fine as all Tikka T3's are long action. In looking at the parts schematic there is only one bolt release, and no bolt stop. My sons T3 in 270 has a longer throw than mine. What is the limiting factor?
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Tikka T3 Bolt throw - 05/04/10
Well answered my own question. The bolt release is the stop. Even though the Brownells schematic only shows one bolt release part number there are different ones. The 270 release has a longer stop point than the one on my 338 Federal. Phone call time I guess.
Posted By: mtmisfit Re: Tikka T3 Bolt throw - 05/04/10
I did that very thing last year....

here are the 2 stops side by side:
[Linked Image]

the instruction sheet:
[Linked Image]

both stops come in the kit from Tikka. I ordered mine directly from Beretta USA.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Tikka T3 Bolt throw - 05/04/10
mtmisfit,
That explains it all, two stops in one part numbered kit. These are indeed just like the two different stops on the two different rifles. As a side note, very good prices on Tikka T3 magazines on Gunbroker right now, 3 for $29.99 just got mine in today, and they are factory. Person selling has most styles, long short medium.
Posted By: mtmisfit Re: Tikka T3 Bolt throw - 05/04/10
thanks for the heads up on the magazines.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Tikka T3 Bolt throw - 05/04/10

pretty cool
© 24hourcampfire