Home
Posted By: Jgrabow Magnum Length Mauser Extractor - 01/09/11
Anybody know of a source for Magnum length Mauser extractors. I broke mine and need a replacement.

Thanks in advance,
Brownells
Karnis,

I checked with Brownell's and they don't have Magnum length Mauser extractors. Their gunsmith gave me a couple of numbers to call. One Company I had emailed earlier and they would/could not make them. I will contact the other Company during the week.
is this not it cause I am i n need of one also

http://www.brownells.com/1/1/16066-mauser-extractor-98-pre-fit-magnum-extractor-gun-runners.html
The Gun Runners extractor from Brownells is what I have used in the past when I converted a standard Mauser action to a magnum. It is not a "drop-in fit," however. In fact, I would rather grind a standard extractor to magnum dimensions than go through the exercise of fitting that one if I have a choice.

Clemson
Batchman, the Gun Runner extractor is made for the standard length Mauser action. Brownells has two version, one for the standard case head and one for the magnum case head.

A magnum length extractor is 0.4" longer than the standard length extractor. The standard Mauser action is 8.75" in length and the magnum Mauser action is 9.15" in length.

Brownells could not provide the magnum length extractor. They did give gave me Gun Runners phone number. I haven't called them yet.
Posted By: z1r Re: Magnum Length Mauser Extractor - 01/19/11
If gun runners makes one, I'd sure avoid it.
© 24hourcampfire