Home
I need to replace the firing pin in one and the retaining pin almost looks like it is a blind pin but there is a larger hole or indentation corresponding on the opposite side but it doesn't move under mild tapping. Anyone removed one before? Is there a trick?

Thanks
Dennis,
Mine is out for stocking. I would contact Jim Wisner as he does make some parts for them. I have another contact around here somewhere of an old guy in Irving or Grand Prairie, Texas that has a lot of parts for them at a reasonable price. J.D. Steele on the Accurate Reloading forum went through mine replacing the firing pin, extractor, and the block that held the firing pin. I may have an extra pin that JD made for me. He did 2 of them. JD passed away in the last couple weeks.
OK, I just got it out- 100 years of crud holding it in. Wisner does sell pins- there are two styles, the bayonet type that this one was or the new round ones. OR I can just make one myself! Isn't that why we have machine tools??

Dennis,
I recommend buying one. Your time must be worth more than that.
I was going to try and get it going this weekend but found other things to do. Will order a new one on Monday. Wonder if the old style or the new round one is better?
Resurrecting an old thread......(And my first post!) smile
I also have a Stevens Favorite mod 1894 in 32 long rf.
Light primer strikes, I think the firing pin is simply worn down at the hammer end. There is no spring with mine, assuming it just free floats or am I missing the spring?
Not sure how to post a pic yet, but firing pin measures about
.994 at it's longest. The hammer end is beveled to match the profile of the breech block and looks very well worn. I see Wisners has them available for $13.00 plus shipping. Can anyone confirm the length of the firing pin and that it does not use a spring of any kind? Will a new firing pin require any fitting?
Thanks!
Tom - Va Beach, VA
© 24hourcampfire