Home
Posted By: mrchongo Need M77 part.... - 03/25/13
Pulled the stock off my Ruger M77 tang safety. Lost the safety button in my reloading/hobby room. I know...I know: I'm too stupid to live. I even recall that possibility being mentioned in a post I read on maintaining M77s. But I had it set aside with the connecting rod and then must have knocked it somewhere. I damn near emptied that room looking for it with a flashlight. No luck. Numrich's are out of stock. Anybody have one to sell or know where I can get one pronto? I'd really like to get my 'new' 7x57 to the range, but it's not going anywhere until I get another button. Thanks.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Need M77 part.... - 03/25/13
Have you tried Ruger ?

http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/product_info.php?products_id=54
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Need M77 part.... - 03/26/13
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Pulled the stock off my Ruger M77 tang safety. Lost the safety button in my reloading/hobby room. I know...I know: I'm too stupid to live. I even recall that possibility being mentioned in a post I read on maintaining M77s. But I had it set aside with the connecting rod and then must have knocked it somewhere. I damn near emptied that room looking for it with a flashlight. No luck. Numrich's are out of stock. Anybody have one to sell or know where I can get one pronto? I'd really like to get my 'new' 7x57 to the range, but it's not going anywhere until I get another button. Thanks.

Ouch, I know how you feel. I almost lost mine the other day too....I took the action out of the stock to refinish the stock and dropped the dang safety button on the floor and accidentally kicked it under the damn cupboard and had to get a magnet to fish it out. Those dang things will stick in the tread of your shoes too grin...Don't ask me how I know that...Now I just zip tie the rod and lever to the action so they don't fall off while I'm working on them!!!!
The zip tie is a great idea. In the future, I'll definitely use it.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I knew I could count on The 'fire!
Posted By: twintips16 Re: Need M77 part.... - 03/27/13
Originally Posted by mrchongo

.... I have done that same thing.... LOL

I called ruger up and they gave me to moyers (link above). I had it in no time.

Good luck!!!
Posted By: Stonewall Re: Need M77 part.... - 03/28/13
Try using a magnet to find that part.

Glenn
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Need M77 part.... - 03/28/13
Jack First
Rapid City, SD

www.jackfirstgun.com

Their catalog isn't on-line, so you have to call Becky, Nancy, or Nora for help. 605-343-9544.

I know this because I have needed tang safety Ruger 77 parts that neither Ruger, nor GPC, were able to supply.
© 24hourcampfire