Home
that has a dream of turning his 1938 Mosin-Nagant rifle into a 1200 yard target rifle. We don't work on these so I'll put it out here to see if any of you want me to refer him to you?

I am assuming that he is serous.

Any takers?
Mickey,
Use your best selling method to show him the error in his ways.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Mickey,
Use your best selling method to show him the error in his ways.

Butch, I'm thankful that giggles don't transmit through email replies. I asked him to name all the competitive shooters who are shooting a Nagant and told him he could list them on no fingers at all.

I wonder what goes through a customer's mind when they dream up some of the jobs they ask us to do. Some shooters are like salmon in they are always 'swimming upstream' and I gently point out that most salmon end up as bear scat.
Don't be too quick to discount the Mosin-Nagant as a GREAT 1200 yard target rifle. I would be willing to bet that someone with a .50 cal Barrett could hit one within a few rounds. I would plant it muzzle down, right up to the forend and because of it's rather narrow profile, I would tie a few bright orange streamers around the wrist to aid my spotter. But yeah, I think think you take one at 1200 yards.
Originally Posted by Malm
Don't be too quick to discount the Mosin-Nagant as a GREAT 1200 yard target rifle. I would be willing to bet that someone with a .50 cal Barrett could hit one within a few rounds. I would plant it muzzle down, right up to the forend and because of it's rather narrow profile, I would tie a few bright orange streamers around the wrist to aid my spotter. But yeah, I think think you take one at 1200 yards.

LOL laugh
I heard from him again this morning and he said one of the reasons he wants to build it because everybody tells him that it can't be done. I don't have time to spend on idiots but if any of you want to give this a go just give me your contact information and I'll pass it along to him. smile
He apparently has more money than common sense. I'd tell him to go to Red Jacket. kwg
Here's a guy with a Mosin at 1000 yds - and he even uses his middle finger on the trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2M1hC4c0tc
Originally Posted by Dons1
Here's a guy with a Mosin at 1000 yds - and he even uses his middle finger on the trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2M1hC4c0tc

He didn't have much success but I'm in awe of how smooth his rifle is. (I do wish we had a sarcasm icon)
I met this guy or his brother years ago. You might not understand the thinking of some of the hunters and long range shooters.

This guy had a 91 Arg. 7.65 and explained to me how to hit deer at 1200 yds from their camp on a ridge. He wanted 2 lbs of lead added to the butt stock. I ask why?? I learned that the extra weight would make the bullet shoot farther and harder. I never had that explained to me before. It's amazing what you can learn working for the public!!!! I turned him down and never have seen him again. Maybe he found this forum.

Les Brooks
What about shipping it to the Mosin Nagant Custom Shop? whistle
whelennut
Originally Posted by MColeman
I heard from him again this morning and he said one of the reasons he wants to build it because everybody tells him that it can't be done. I don't have time to spend on idiots but if any of you want to give this a go just give me your contact information and I'll pass it along to him. smile
Sorry, Mickey, but I won't touch those things either..and don't know who will...

smile smile
Well schit! There goes my next project. I guess I'll have to find something else to do now.
© 24hourcampfire