Home
Posted By: EddyBo Sako AV tennon thread? - 05/19/13
Can this be cut using 16 TPI? I did a couple sakos for a buddy and 16 worked but I know some of the actions differ. I really do not know a thing about anything but remingtons winchesters and savages and the few custom actions I have built upon. Any info appreciated.
Posted By: Malm Re: Sako AV tennon thread? - 05/19/13
Everything I have done with Sako's has been 16 TPI. What does your thread pitch gauge tell you?
Posted By: EddyBo Re: Sako AV tennon thread? - 05/19/13
I do not have the barrel in hand. Saw one that needed to be rebarreled in the classifieds. I had an old PDF that had the answer, it is 16tpi so I bought it. The ones I fooled around with were 16 tpi. I helped Don Geraci unscrew the barrel off a newer one that was not, if I recall. I know Don refused the job because he did not want to change his lathe gears.
Posted By: Malm Re: Sako AV tennon thread? - 05/19/13
Originally Posted by EddyBo
. I know Don refused the job because he did not want to change his lathe gears.

Switching gears is what, a 10 minute job? The toughest part is remembering to leave the half nut lever engaged through the whole process.
Posted By: rembo Re: Sako AV tennon thread? - 05/19/13
The AV's I've had apart had a major diameter of about 1.035-1.04 and 16 tpi.
Posted By: Malm Re: Sako AV tennon thread? - 05/20/13
That's why standard and metric thread pitch gauges should be a part of every gun bench. And if a person runs across a receiver that is threaded for metric, like the Vanguards, Howa's etc., there are some of us who don't mind switching their machines to meet that need. And if you just need threads cut, preferring to do the rest yourself, get in touch with one of us.
© 24hourcampfire