Home
New video from Gre-Tan on their latest generation firing pin assembly and related goodies. Just bought one for a Model 7. Looks like a quality product. What I like is that Greg reengineers dimensions to get tightest tolerances and fit----and its all American made in house on his Swiss CNC screw machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxfNnN9RYw
I saw that video today as well. I have a couple of the gen 1 units as wart replacements and like them in as much as they have never caused me a problem

I also had sent a bolt to Greg last week to have the handled pinned on and cerakoted and in the note I sent I also mentioned a minor extraction issue with the bolt / rifle

I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Greg today explaining my extraction problem and recommending a repair - notably he said one option was a sako extractor but he didn't think it was needed or necessary to fix the problem and he did not think I should spend the money for it. He also recommended waiting on the cerakote until I get the bolt back from him and confirm the issue has been fixed

I was very impressed with my interaction with him and even more impressed that a smith with much bigger dollar items waiting took the time to personally call me over what will end up being a small dollar job for him.
I had two rifles barreled and the actions reworked by Greg Tannel, everything is very precise. He double sleeved a Remington 700 bolt, bushed the firing pin, matched the locking lugs and installed a double pinned recoil lug to fit a stock with an aluminum bedding block. When the package arrived just a week later I was confused, but no he did the work that fast. Although this was a bare action, not a complete rifle, still that's impressive turn around time. A barreling job took longer, but it was worth waiting for.

My friend has several rifles by Tannel and a couple more being worked on now. They all shoot very well.
© 24hourcampfire