Home
Posted By: waterdoctor Ruger stock question - 09/23/14
Our local classifieds here have a Ruger brown laminate stock for sale. The fellow says it is off a 7mm Mag and it was pulled off brand new.

Will that work for the standard Mark II sporter. I'd like to drop it on a 270 if it works. I surfed the net and can't tell. Boyds and STocky's list the same stock for a long action sporter or magnum.

Anybody know?
Originally Posted by waterdoctor
Our local classifieds here have a Ruger brown laminate stock for sale. The fellow says it is off a 7mm Mag and it was pulled off brand new.

Will that work for the standard Mark II sporter. I'd like to drop it on a 270 if it works. I surfed the net and can't tell. Boyds and STocky's list the same stock for a long action sporter or magnum.

Anybody know?

Yep, should bolt straight up. Action length is identical.

Cheers.
grin
Posted By: waterdoctor Re: Ruger stock question - 09/23/14
Thanks a lot..

It looked like it could work... Just wanted someone to confirm it.

Thanks again.
Posted By: redfoxx Re: Ruger stock question - 09/23/14
Only caution is to verify the bbl channel is the same� I'm not so sure a 270 and a 7mm RM would have the same bbl profile. Worse case you have a little bit more reveal btwn the bbl and bbl channel in the fore end� instant free floated bbl! smile
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Ruger stock question - 09/23/14
Originally Posted by redfoxx
Only caution is to verify the bbl channel is the same� I'm not so sure a 270 and a 7mm RM would have the same bbl profile. Worse case you have a little bit more reveal btwn the bbl and bbl channel in the fore end� instant free floated bbl! smile

from my past experience the barrel channel will be the same between the two.
© 24hourcampfire