Home
Posted By: Witness Bolt peep sight - 10/31/14
A friend and I are Mauser lovers he has a real nice 98 action and
would love to get a bolt peep sight for it. Any ideas on where to get it ? All help is good and we thank full for it. Thanks Dean
Posted By: Craigster Re: Bolt peep sight - 10/31/14
Rob Zimmerman @ Rusty's Action Works.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/1991090401?r=1541051401#1541051401
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Bolt peep sight - 10/31/14
This fellow too!

http://www.gun-shop.biz/id44.html

However I have installed one of Rusty's sights on an Oberndorf sporter for a customer. They are awesome!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Bolt peep sight - 10/31/14
Thanks for posting that link. I bookmarked it, for I have wanted one of those sights for some time.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Bolt peep sight - 10/31/14
Yeah. I really wanted one form this rifle. But this old Lyman 57 SME came in with a box of assorted parts and I got it for $20! So,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Bolt peep sight - 10/31/14
That's exactly what I've been looking for to install on my 98 & 96 Mausers. Great stuff.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/02/14
Are they easily removed and reinstalled? Kept in a butt or pistol grip trap would make a great back up system.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/02/14
I don't think it would be as easy as you might want it to be. The one I installed that was built by Mr. Zimmerman would probably be easiest by switching out for another cocking piece to the bolt. Naturally that would mean bolt disassembly which isn't difficult for any Mauser. This could be easily done in camp!

Otherwise you may risk loosing small parts. I know the sight was absolutely a stunning piece of workmanship! And I believe, best I remember, it came with an additional dovetailed cocking piece. I did also manufacture a new front sight blade too. A higher one was needed for the particular rifle I worked on.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/02/14
Thanks for the reply Kaywoodie. Yeah, it could save the hunt by keeping it in camp or your vehicle, or even backpack. I assume it would be too tall to have mounted under a scope?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/02/14
Might work if you had high rings. Dunno??? You'd just havta do some measuring.
Posted By: Witness Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/03/14
Thanks guys that was a great help Dean
Posted By: zimhunter Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/06/14
A smith under the name 'Rusty Marlin' on Accurate Reloading used to make the best Rigby style bolt peep I have seen. I bought one of his first ones and am very satisfied with it in all respects,construction,finish,accuracy,etc. Reasonable price. just requires cocking piece be dovetailed and he used to do that also.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Bolt peep sight - 11/06/14
Originally Posted by zimhunter
A smith under the name 'Rusty Marlin' on Accurate Reloading used to make the best Rigby style bolt peep I have seen. I bought one of his first ones and am very satisfied with it in all respects,construction,finish,accuracy,etc. Reasonable price. just requires cocking piece be dovetailed and he used to do that also.

That's the guy referred to/linked to in the second posting in this thread.
© 24hourcampfire