Home
Posted By: soli O-Ring ? - 11/18/14
What is the size of the o-ring and materal for a Rem. 1100 12ga.?
Posted By: gemby58 Re: O-Ring ? - 11/19/14
there graphite coated, run of the mill hardware o-rings don't last very long, Brownell has them on sale

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...on-1100-11-87-gas-o-rings-prod54774.aspx
Posted By: MikeNZ Re: O-Ring ? - 11/19/14
Yeah get the proper ones, hardware shop ones break real fast.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: O-Ring ? - 11/22/14
Buna N will fail very quickly, but can save a hunt if that is all that is available. McMaster Carr has the good ones cheap, but they come in a pack of more than I would use in the rest of my shooting days.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: O-Ring ? - 11/23/14
Exactly right. The 4-H club was using O-rings from a local hardware store tray assortment in Rem. 1100's when I got there. The shotguns worked with new O-rings but the O-rings crapped out pretty quickly. Switched to the proper high temp rings (Brownell's). Between that and keeping where the rings seat free of carbon buildup the rings last a long time. It's trap shooting and I'll replace an O-ring every year or two depending on use. Eventually the heat will rob them of their elasticity. The rings are of a high temperature elastomer of some type, there are several, with Teflon.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: O-Ring ? - 11/24/14
Check McMaster Carr for Viton o-rings. I believe that #19 is correct, but I am not 100% sure. There are no longer very many Remington 1100s in my family since small game hunting has dwindled, and I can't remember the exact number of the o-ring. I do know that a pack of o-rings from McMaster Carr would last a lifetime in my family.
© 24hourcampfire