Home
Posted By: Ngrumba Barrel Band - 11/23/14
Does a barrel band look stupid on a rifle without iron sights? I like the way my 416 Remington carries with the sling in the barrel band. I want to have a 9.3 x 62 made, without sights. Yeah or Nay?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Barrel Band - 11/23/14
Yes.

But its functional on a .416...so tell the naysayers, including me, to GFY grin
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Barrel Band - 11/24/14
Depends if you want it for function or just to look at.. Only reason it would look out of place is because we are all used to seeing it with sights.. I too like the barrel band and how they carry.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Barrel Band - 11/24/14
Ngrumba;
Good afternoon to you sir, hopefully this finds you well.

Although this particular rifle has been gone for some time now, for more than a decade it was my horse hunting rifle.

[Linked Image]

The fore end was one I did up because I liked the way the Dakota Model 10's looked and they had a barrel band without sights as well on many of them.

Try as I might I could not get a photo of a Dakota Model 10 to show up here - perhaps a quick search would show one though.

Anyway sir that's just another vote for doing what you think is best. Good luck with your rifle whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

Posted By: melchung Re: Barrel Band - 11/24/14
a barrel band keeps the swivel stud from abusing your hand on recoil - I got one on my 458 mag. and the scar from a ruger 77 375 h&h with swivel studs...Mel
© 24hourcampfire