Home
Posted By: 257James Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
I want to put one on my Rem 700 250 Savage. How easy is it to swap over the Remington safety? The factory trigger has too much side to side play and it drives me nuts.
Walker style trigger yes. X mark or X mark pro No. Rifle Basix Sells a safety kit if yours is one of the latter type.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
Buy the Timney with the safety already installed. As good or better than the Shilen Trigger
Posted By: 257James Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
It's a 1984 Classic, no x mark. So it's a simple switch, thank you.
Are you asking how easy it is, or how to do it? If the former, it's very easy.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
It's very simple. Remove the horseshoe clip on the safety side and take out the pin so you can remove the bolt release lever. Can't remember on the Shilen if it's a pin or a screw to hold it on. Timney has one screw to remove and replace to hold on the bolt release lever.

ETA: Just noticed you were talking about the safety....not the bolt release. Should be simple.

Posted By: 257James Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
Originally Posted by bea175
Buy the Timney with the safety already installed. As good or better than the Shilen Trigger

I have Timneys on a couple of mausers and like them, but did a lot of reading before I decided on the Shilen. Timneys weren't getting as much praise as Shilen and Jewell, so I decided to try the Shilen.

I also wondered if a Jewell would be worth the extra money or not. Any opinions are welcome... grin
Posted By: barm Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Originally Posted by bea175

I have Timneys on a couple of mausers and like them, but did a lot of reading before I decided on the Shilen. Timneys weren't getting as much praise as Shilen and Jewell, so I decided to try the Shilen.

I also wondered if a Jewell would be worth the extra money or not. Any opinions are welcome... grin

Jewell triggers are nice, but you will need to remove a fair amount of wood to get it to fit.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
If somebody has a Timney and wants to trade for my Shilen....even up....I'm game.

Mine's perfect - I just don't like the narrow trigger.

Just PM me.

Posted By: rdobrow Re: Shilen Trigger question - 12/19/14
Steve, I like the narrow style, is your shilen nickel or black? I have no Timneys, but might be a buyer for the shilen. PM to discuss, Dick
Jim Kobe recommended a shilen trigger for my custom 7-08ai that hes building, if he recommends it thats good enough forme!
© 24hourcampfire