Home
Posted By: backcountryal Remington 721 stock - 01/18/15
I have the opportunity to purchase a Remington 721 in a synthetic stock. I would like to tidy the rifle up to use as a shooter. Will a 721 fit in to a 700 stock? Does the 700 BDL bottom metal fit to a 721?
Posted By: BT99 Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/18/15
Yes, with a little inletting around the rear sight "bulge" where it
starts the double taper. And maybe around the safety.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/18/15
The 721 tang does not have a cut-out for the safety, so the safety sits outside the stock line and you have two options.

You can file a notch in the 721 tang and use a 700 safety lever, my strong preference...

Or, you can cut-out the 700 stock to fit the 721 safety lever.

The dognut is not on all 721s, so you may not need to do anything there. It is no big deal to inlet it.
Posted By: backcountryal Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/18/15
Thanks guys, will give it a few days and see if the rifle comes my way.
Posted By: powdr Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/21/15
Al if you do not go Sitka's way and change triggers you Will have to file the notch for the safety lever almost into the bolt notch. Just be careful and you'll be OK. powdr
Posted By: Bugger Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/22/15
deleted
Posted By: erich Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/24/15
You will have to make a little extra room for the bolt handle. You can use the original bottom metal with a BDL stock but you will have to fill in under the front and rear action screws. I just stacked washers until they were the correct height and then glassed them in.
Posted By: backcountryal Re: Remington 721 stock - 01/24/15
Thanks guys, just been told I missed out on the rifle, a 300H&H fitted to a synthetic stock that appeared to be a Browns or similar. The seller said he was only able to get 1.5moa so I hesitated on buying only to miss out.
© 24hourcampfire