Home
Posted By: czech1022 Help with M700 trigger - 01/28/15
Help!

I just got my (recalled) trigger back from Remington and tried to install it last night. I somehow managed to knock loose the bolt stop spring, bolt stop and trigger return spring (sear spring).

Does anyone have detailed instructions/pictures of how I return these things to their correct locations?
Posted By: 805 Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/28/15
http://www.homegunsmith.com/archive/T21030.html

There are a few pics of the bolt stop and spring here. The bolt stop spring is held in by the rear trigger pin. The sear spring sits inside the housing near the front of the trigger.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/28/15
Good luck getting a decent trigger with that piece of instructions. How many know what 20 thousandths actually looks like? Or how to measure it?

This is a far better set of instructions:
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp

While the OP's answer is given well in the first link, the rest of the piece has a bunch of huge questions.

Do not consider adjusting a trigger if you do not even have a trigger gauge. They are cheap and answer many questions about the quality of the job, in addition to ensuring it is a good job.
Posted By: 805 Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/28/15
Sitka I only used that link because the OP was asking about the bolt stop not adjusting his trigger. I do agree those instructions are crap!
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/28/15
Thanks to both responders - I wasn't thinking about adjusting the trigger yet, just getting it back in properly, and especially dealing with the sear spring. "inside the housing near the front of the trigger" - just how do I access that area and do I just drop the spring in, or is it under tension?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/28/15
Yeah, it does have some good pictures for putting the stuff back together...
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/29/15
After a few tries, I got it all back in - the only problem is the bolt release lever seems to stick open, even though the spring is positioned correctly.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/29/15
Your front pin may be protruding into the boltstop slot putting a bind on it and hoping it open. Another possibility is the sheet metal "button" that activates the bolt stop, if the tab that pushes the bolt stop isn't riding in the little notch properly it can bind up and hold the boltstop down.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/29/15
I'll check both - thanks
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Help with M700 trigger - 01/29/15
Originally Posted by TheKid
Your front pin may be protruding into the boltstop slot putting a bind on it and hoping it open. Another possibility is the sheet metal "button" that activates the bolt stop, if the tab that pushes the bolt stop isn't riding in the little notch properly it can bind up and hold the boltstop down.

I've had to slightly bend the sheet metal tab for it to comfortably ride in the bolt release notch and not bind.

DF
© 24hourcampfire