Home
Has anyone converted a Springfield 1922M2 to single shot? What I am looking for is pics or dimensioned drawing of the block that fills the magazine opening in the bottom of the receiver. I want to eliminate the ugly bottomed magazine and use a floorplate from an '03. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure why you'd want to do that to a 1922 M2, but...

I'd try to duplicate something like the single shot adapter on the Winchester 52, with the angle/height set the same as the top cartridge in a Springfield magazine. That should be doable in a blind magazine, with some sort of adapter that you attach to the bottom of the action, or possible a shorter magazine that would fit inside the 1903 floor plate.

Not sure how Winchester did the 52D, but that might give you a different/simpler approach.

Clarence
BTT
I too beg the question Why? Is it to minimize bullet deformation when feeding from the magazine? I just thumb seat the cartridge into the chamber with or without the mag in place in my M2.
I stated my reason in the OP, I want to get rid of the ugly magazine bottom and I only use the rifle for plinking. Not to worry, I am not doing this to an original rifle, I am altering a rifle that has previously been converted to a sporter.
© 24hourcampfire